[FINAL]

서멸하다 (Disappear)

He never missed a single day to slack off on his bed and take a nap like he used to do back then. Every single day for him is a miracle. He used to play games from the morning until another day has come again. He often spend his time in school by taking a nap at the rooftop. But after he met a certain person, he changes, 100%.

"He's new here. Please introduce yourself, Mr. Kim" Luhan didn't pay attention at all. He was sleepy and he wanted to get out from the class to sleep at the rooftop. "I'm Minseok, Kim Minseok. Nice to meet you, guys!" A cheerful tone could be heard from the new boy. Luhan was suddenly interested in that name. He look at the boy immediately. A short boy with a chubby cheeks and a cute eyes. Minseok's eyes found their way to Luhan's, both shocked at the sudden contact, they face the other way together. "What's wrong, Minseok-ssi?" Minseok shook his head immediately and the teacher nod his head. "Okay then, it's looks like the chair beside Luhan is empty. Go take your seat there, Minseok-ssi." He bowed and made his way to the back of the class, to the empty chair beside a doe-eyed boy named Luhan. "I'm Minseok, I'm sorry about the sudden contact earlier." He didn't knew why he should apologize, but he thought he must. "I'm Luhan. It's not your fault, I'm sorry too." Maybe that's because they were shocked, maybe.

Luhan smiled at the memory. He remembered those beautiful eyes he saw at the first time. He laughed at how stupid they were, apologizing to each other when there was nothing to sorry about. A leaf fall to the bench, to the empty spot beside him. He stares at the empty bench and sighed. He doesn't supposed to be alone here, but now he is.

"Minseok, isn't it?" Luhan sat down beside a boy on a bench, which has been sitting there alone. "Yeah. Why did you sit down here, with me?" Luhan look at him, confused. "Ah, you haven't heard about me aren't you?" Luhan shook his head and smiled. "I'm not that kind of social butterflies, and yeah, nothing about you have reached my ears." Minseok smiled pathetically, "Ah.. Too bad. But I guess, you shouldn't be here. No, I shouldn't be here. See you later at the class, Luhan." And with that, he left. Leaving an empty spot on the bench beside Luhan. Luhan lay on the bench, thinking about what Minseok said, and without he realized, he has fallen to a deep sleep.

Curiousity filling Luhan on that time, that was the first time Minseok reject him. It was right that Luhan wasn't a social butterfly, but now things are different. He have many friends, guys and girls. He's popular in the small town he's living at. Totally different from his high school life before he met Minseok.

"Jongin, tell me, what's with Minseok?" Jongin tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Why suddenly?" Luhan sighed and decided to tell him what he has been curious at. "Ah, that. Minseok is going to die soon or later." Luhan's eyes widen, he couldn't believe what his one and only friend told him. "He's sick. No one want to get hurt because of losing him, and he doesn't want to make people sad. That's why he rejects to be friend with you." How could he never heard about it. It's true that Minseok only have transferred here for a day, but, words spreads fast. How can? "Maybe you should talk to Minseok himself if you insist to be friend with him." Jongin was right, he need to talk to Minseok himself. Something in Minseok lured Luhan to be close to him, and that's why, Luhan insist to be friend with Minseok.

Leaves falls. It's already autumn. How many years has it been? 7? Yeah, around seven. It has been around 7 years since he met Minseok for the first time. Even though he turned up like this, he never regret to meet Minseok. If he never met Minseok, he could be even worse.

"Minseok!" Luhan catch up with Minseok who is playing soccer alone. "I've heard about you." Luhan said while trying to breathe properly. He has been running from the library until he arrived here, back side of the school. "Then, why you still come here?" Minseok asked, still dribbling the ball. "I want to be your friend, your one and only friend. If I lose you someday, I will be able to hold my tears, I won't be sad, I promise. Isn't that what you want?" Minseok stopped his activity and turned his body to face Luhan. Minseok nodded and smiled, a tear burst out from his eyes, and Luhan pulled him into a hug. "I've been waiting for someone like you. I believe, if I wait, if I believe, I'll find someone like you. Luhan, thank you."

Luhan remembered being Minseok's only friend in the school. They spend their time being together, inseparable. That friend zone last for at least 3 months, until Luhan realized his feelings for Minseok aren't just for a friend. He love Minseok, he need Minseok, he's Minseok's.

"Minseok." Minseok hummed in response, look comfortable on Luhan's lap. "I think, we don't supposed to be only friends." Luhan run his fingers on Minseok's black hair. "What do you mean?" Minseok turn his body to look at Luhan's eyes. "I think, I fell in love with you, Minseok."  Minseok couldn't find a single lie on Luhan's eyes. He only find sincere and love. "Really?" Minseok asked in disbelief, he got up from Luhan's lap and turned to Luhan. "Yes, will you?" he nodded immediately and hug Luhan. "Thank you, Luhan." Minseok whispered and Luhan replied by saying 'I love you' and Minseok returned it to Luhan, 'I love you too.'

Luhan never lose count to how many years they have been together, 7 years, exactly 7 years. Minseok health was getting worse and sometimes getting better. They went up and down together. Once, Minseok told him, "Every single day in my life is miracle, I'm suffering with this disease and I'm still alive, I'm still able to accompany you until now. And I think, the greatest miracle of them all is, you. I met you, I found you, I fell in love with you." Luhan agreed to that.

"If we don't do any operation to his brain, I'm afraid we have to lose him."
"What's the risk?"
"Life, of course. And also, his memory."

 

"Luhan? You have waited for me, aren't you?" A familiar voice heard, Luhan look up and find his angel standing there. "No, I've just arrived." Minseok hit Luhan's shoulder weakly. "Liar." Minseok sit down beside Luhan watching the sun goes down. "I've been thinking about what happened to us this last 7 years." Minseok tilted his head. "Really?" Luhan nodded, he lift Minseok body to his lap. "I thought you've disappeared. I thought, on that day you've disappeared. But I know, you never disappeared. Even though your memories has disappeared, but I know, the real you, never disappear."