Forced Partners

Those Memorable Leaves

The Autumn wind reached their ears.

Leaves rustled. Hearts settled.

The two lovers were growing fonder and fonder with each other by the second (If that were even possible, the two had been extremely sweet on each other since their eyes had met). Minho was comfortably laying on the ground, which should have been intolerable but was for some reason soft and cozy.  Meanwhile, Taemin lay on top of him, laying his head on Minho's chest, listening to the soothing sound of Minho's beating heart. Both boys were exceptionally satisfied, sleepy, and completely . 

The comforting feeling of knowing that nobody else in the world knew of their whereabouts was thrilling to Taemin. Nobody, not even his parents, who thought that Taemin was at the library, or Taesun, who figured Taemin would be practicing the violin, or all of his friends, who didn't really care where Taemin was wouldn't have guessed that he was in the large forest that nobody ever went into. The beautifully lonely forest that now belonged solely to Taemin and Minho. Their actions of love had claimed it. Their wonderfully sweet actions of love-making had claimed this gorgeous forest.

It was theirs. And theirs alone.


The sound of a creaking door roused Taemin from his dreams.

The door being opened indicated that somebody was coming into his hotel room. Who else could possibly have access to his room?

Oh my God, it's a serial killer! Wait, no! It's Minho! He's come to talk to me! To say something about those days we had spent together almost exactly a year ago. To come tell me that he remembers me, that he-'

"Hello?"

Taemin's hopes were crushed. It was not Minho's rich, deep voice that had reached his ears.

"Hey, buddy. Are you awake?" 

It was a serial killer. Yup, definitely a serial killer. Sweet Mother of God, what  could he do? Should he just pretend he was asleep? Should he grab the lamp next to his bed as fast as he possibly could and-

"Lee Taemin?"

Holy . How did he know his name?

"Guess he's asleep", the voice said to himself. 

Taemin heard the unbuckling of a belt. Then the sound of pants falling to the floor. 

'Oh my God', Taemin thought. 'It's a !'

Worry and fear  Taemin. He had to do something. 

'I know! I'll knock him out with the lamp...and then call the police!'

He prepared himself both mentally and physically. In an instant, he threw the heavy covers off of himself, gripped the expensive lamp, jumped onto the bed so that he was standing on it, pointed the lamp at the stranger, and let out a threatening scream.

What he saw was not what he had been expecting.

Instead of a nasty, old man who was unhealthily overweight and had a passion for luring little boys away from their parents so that he could do the unspeakable with them(Taemin's idea of a ), before him stood a young man, around twenty-two, with obviously dyed hair like Onew's, except this ones was nearly white, like snow. He was wearing nothing but a startled expression. 

"Woah! Woah, Hey! Hey- Calm down, dude. Calm down!" the stranger screamed. 

"Do not tell me to calm down, you sicko!" Taemin screeched. "Who the hell are you? What the hell are you doing in my room? Why are you , God damn it! Who are you? What do you want from me? I'll call the ing police on you! I'm not bluffing! In fact, take one step closer and I'll knock you out!" Taemin had never screamed so loudly in his life. It took everything in him to refrain from crying, which was what Taemin did when he was angry or scared.

"Okay! Okay, I'm Kim Jonghyun. Okay?" The stranger was visually frightened and confused. "This is my room too. We're supposed to be sharing. I don't want anything from you, I'm not gonna hurt you, I"m your roommate." Jonghyun was breathing heavily from having spoken so fast. 

"Yeah, right!" Taemin mocked. "You expect me to believe that? I know what you are, you psycho, and I'm not stupid! This is MY room. Not yours."

"First off," Jonghyun started, "Stop insulting me! I'm neither a sicko nor a psycho and-"

"Oh, Really?" Taemin cut him off. "Then why are you standing in a room that isn't even yours!"

"Look, Kid. This is my room. It's our room. Didn't anybody tell you I was coming?  Second, I'm a cellist. I'm here for the same reason you are, Mr. Lee Taemin. I'm first chair too."

Taemin, still holding the lamp in his hand, was baffled. "Prove it."

Jonghyun pointed to a large black cello case on the floor. Taemin stared at the case for a while, the dots finally connecting in his head while concurring calming down. Embarrassed and relieved, Taemin decided to put the lamp down. Jonghyun sighed exasperatedly.

"God damn it, kid. I can't believe this is how you welcome me to London."

"Well, nobody told me I was going to have a roommate. In fact, I'm sure this was a mistake. They probably messed up your room or something." Taemin thought of Minho messing up Jonghyun's  room number. Maybe he had messed it up because he had been thinking of Taemin. The far-fetched thought brought butterflies to Taemin's stomach. But he couldn't think of Minho right now, no matter how adorable that would have been. He quickly digested those butterflies and focused back on the weirdo in his room.

"Well, listen. I've had a really long- day," Jonghyun sulked. "Can't I at least get some sleep?"

Taemin, still slightly skeptic, thought this through. Well, if he tried anything, Taemin would have his phone right next to him, as well as a lamp that could come in handy. "Sure, I guess it's the least I can do after threatening to knock you out," Taemin let out a strange guffaw.

"Look, I swear to you-I'm not a weirdo! Well, you know, I'm not crazy! I promise I won't touch you. All I want is rest."

"Alright," Taemin agreed, "but there's a problem."

"Yeah?"

"Oh yeah," said Taemin slowly. "There's only one bed".

Silence fell. Taemin and Jonghyun stood there, holding each other's gazes while the awkwardness engulfed them.  And then the silence was broken by a very unfunny Jonghyun.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to share", he said seductively, winking at a wide-eyed Taemin. 

"What?!"

Jonghyun chuckled. "Just joking, pretty boy, I'm just kidding around."

"Yeah, you better be,"  Taemin said cautiously while shaking off the sensation he got when Jonghyun called him pretty-boy. "But hey- you can only stay under one condition."

"And what is that?"

"That you put some ing clothes on!"

Jonghyun's face went red, all of the sass and wit gone and replaced with embarrassment that Taemin had to admit was adorable. He grabbed the pillow nearest him and placed it over his private area. He grabbed his clothes, ran to into the bathroom, and slammed the door shut, leaving a flabbergasted Taemin curious as to how he was going to put any clothes on if he hadn't taken them with him into the bathroom. He chuckled at Jonghyun's stupidity and then made the nice couch in the immense room his bed for the night. No way was he going to sleep in the same bed as that ert. 

 

 

 

tumblr_msgxziIqIh1qfy3too1_500.png