The Encounter

Those Memorable Leaves

Taemin lay awake in bed, staring up at the cieling, heart still pounding after the exhilerating encounter.

Those full, gorgeous lips that he had once tasted were in the same building he was in.

That dazzling smile. Those big, bug eyes.

. What the hell was he supposed to do in this situation?

Exasperated, he ran his fingers through his hair.

Why had he handled it so poorly?


Shock possessed him. It took control over his body and mind. Taemin opened his mouth, but no words came out. He couldn't speak. He couldn't  move. His mind went blank.

As for Minho, he just stood there. 

Frozen.

As if recalling a memory. 

The two stood there, looking at eachother, not quite believing the sight.

"Minho-ah! Speak, will you? You're being creepy, staring at him like he's something to eat!"

Minho shook his head. Blinked a couple of times. Than he looked down at the desk.

"Welcome to the 'Royal Rose', we hope you enjoy your stay. Let me get you your room number. Name, please?"

But he knew his name.

Lee Taemin.


Minho stayed later than usual at the hotel that night. Just in case. Maybe Taemin would come down again. Maybe he would come down looking for him, wanting to talk to him, needing to see him. Maybe he had questions that needed to be answered.

Anything.

But around one in the morning, the manager ordered Minho to head home. So, he did.

He got into his car and took the long way to his apartment.

Once he arrived at the complex, he waited outside in his car.

Why hadn't he said something? 

Should he have said something? 

Had Taemin even recognized him?

Yes, of course Taemin had recognized him. That look in his eyes had proved it. 

But why hadn't he said anything?

After a short while, he got out of his car and walked into the complex. He took the stairs slowly, shaking off the feeling that he got everytime he thought about Taemin. 

He reached his apartment. Pulled out his key, unlocked the door.Slowly, he pushed it open.

Her voice reached his ears.

"Baby? Is that you? Why are you home so late?"