Leaving/The Arrival

Those Memorable Leaves

Weeks passed. Months passed.

Time flew by...

 A strange sensation began to form deep in Taemin's core.

Excitement.

He recieved every bit of information he could've asked for. He was to fly out to England tomorrow morning at six. There, he'd be escorted to a hotel that he would be staying at for a two month time span. He had the choice to bring a guardian with him.

Of course, he would turn that offer down.

Taemin had little life outside of school. This was his chance to get out there and live a little. His family pampered him the day before he'd leave, spending quality time together by spending the whole day out in the sweet autumn air. 

On the morning of his departure, his mom shed some tears. His dad hugged him proudly, reminding Taemin to be careful and call as often as he possibly could. Taesun drove him to the airport, the lengthy ride there a bit silent and awkward. Taesun cleared his throat.

"So...You know, I'm really proud of you. Really."

Taemin nodded acknowledgedly. "Yeah, I know. Thanks."

"Sure. I mean, it was because of me that you got into this whole 'orchestra' thing so, I guess I'm to thank, " Taesun joked.

"Actually, you are. Thanks for everything, Hyung. Really."

Taesun nodded, satisfied. The two did not say another word until their arrival at the airport. They left Taemin's baggage at the check-in, recieved their tickets, and sat down for about an hour, waiting until Taemin's plane arrived.

Trying to make conversation, Taesun would point out girls that would be walking by. This one had nice legs, the other one a 'nice '. Honestly, it bothered Taemin, but he would nod agreeingly at whatever Taesun said to give him that satisfaction.

When Taemin's flight finally arrived, he stood up and hugged his brother goodbye.

"Hey," Taesun added, "Have lots of fun. I mean, go crazy." He scowled. "But not too crazy."

Taemin smiled and walked towards the boarding gate. He reached the plane, stepped inside, and walked past first class, into the skinny walk aisle through the seats. Due to the minimal number of passengers, he got to choose where to sit. He chose a window seat at the very back of the plane. Pretty soon, the plane took off and they departed. 

They appeared to be soft, like cotton balls. The clouds seem to surround him, and he adored the feeling. God, how he'd love to be able to touch them. Well-Taemin wasn't stupid. He knew he wouldn't actually feel anything if he had the opportunity to 'touch a cloud'. But he let his silly thoughts continue for the time being. 

Before he knew it, he had arrived at his destination. The plane landed and he stood up. His legs had fallen asleep, so he walked with a bit of a limp. He got off of the plane after thanking the pilot, picked his luggage up, and went outside of the overly fancy airport.

He found a chauffeur holding up a cardboard with his name on it. He walked over and said hello, surprised at how much younger the man seemed up close. He had blonde hair that was obviously dyed, full pink lips and a bright smile. He looked friendly enough.

"Hello," the chauffeur greeted Taemin, "I'm Lee Jinki. I'll be driving you to your hotel as well as every rehearsal. I look foward to seeing you often for the next two months. Please treat me well."

'Woah,' Taemin thought. 'They really went all out with this-they even got me a freaking private driver.'

Taemin nodded gratefully and followed Jinki to the car. Jinki took his luggage and put it in the trunk. Than he got behind the steering wheel, Taemin riding shot gun right next to him.

"So," Jinki said, eager to make conversation, "First chair, huh? That's huge!"

Taemin smiled. "Yeah, I guess it is Jinki." 

"You know, we're going to be having to see each other really often, so go ahead and call me Onew. That's what all my friends call me."

Taemin considered this. 'That's what all my friends call me'...Did that mean that Onew already considered Taemin a friend? After only a greeting?

"Sure thing, Onew".

The rest of the ride Onew searched Taemin for answers...How old was he? 19.

Where was he from? Iriswood.

What were his hobbies? What was his favorite color? Favorite animal? The whole ride to the hotel, Onew did not shut up once. Surprisingly, Taemin didn't mind. He liked Onew. His friendliness was radiating, his jokes so obnoxiously stupid that you had to laugh. 

They reached the hotel, which was way fancier than Taemin could've imagined. He practically hopped out of the car, Jinki soon following close behind with the luggage. He went up to the hotel's entrance doors, into the luxurious lobby.

It felt a bit old-fashioned, some forties music played far off in the distance. But it was good old-fashioned. The walls were a deep auburn colored wood, the floor tiles with ineligible patterns, the ceiling so high that Taemin couldn't tell where it ended and from it hung a gorgeous chandelier that Taemin had only seen in movies. 

He stood in disbelief until Onew kindly pushed for him to move forward to the reception desk. "Don't worry-I'll handle it for you." Onew turned to look at the receptionist. Taemin stood behind Onew.

"Onew, my friend! What could possibly bring you here?" a sarcastic voice called out from behind the desk. 

"Mr. Choi, I am here on very important business. You know, it's about what I told you earlier. First chair violin for the Orchestra thingy...What was it again?"

"The 25th anniversary for that opera, right?"

"Yeah!" Onew smiled even further. "And I'm here with 'the chosen one.' He's charming, I bet you'll love him."

"Well, he's here right? Let me have the pleasure of meeting him." 

"Taemin," Onew shifted slightly to the left, making the boy visible to the receptionists' eyes. "Meet my friend, Minho."

Taemin looked up slowly.

Time stopped. 

He held his breath.

He didn't dare blink.

His eyes met with those soft, chocolate eyes once again. 

Those soft, chocolate eyes he thought had been abandoned in the past, 

They were right in front of him.