The Invitation

Those Memorable Leaves

                Never in a million years could Taemin have imagined he could have accomplished something this huge. 

It was in sixth grade when he had first been forced to pick up the violin. His older brother, Taesun, a cellist, had chosen his middle school elective for him. Taemin found it bothersome at first, but when he moved on from plucking the strings and he got used to the actual bow, he felt like he had found something magical. 

Today, there was almost nothing he loved more than music. And it just so happened that he was currently sitting down at his kitchen table, staring disbelievingly at the fancy letter he had received that chilly morning.

Dear Mr. Lee,

We are glad to inform you that you have been invited to play as first chair for the 25th anniversary of The Phantom of the Opera. We would be honored if you could join us. Further information will soon be released. Due to this being such a huge event, many rehearsals shall be necessary to exceed expectations. The grand opening is scheduled to be on the 15th of November. 

Best Regards, 

Andrew and crew.

Would he accept? Hell yes. Taemin was quite anxious for opportunity and it would be hard to get another chance of this sort again. There wasn't much competition in the small town of Iriswood, but Taemin had big dreams and big aspirations, he wouldn't settle for less. He had to be the best. There were kids who had been playing since they were five years old and had way more experience than Taemin, so he practiced and practiced until there was nothing left to practice.

It seemed to have payed off.

That night he went to bed fully satisfied, having eaten a delicious dinner of Baked Salmon with a dessert of his favorite Pecan Pie. He lay in bed for a while, staring up at the cieling, thinking of nothing yet thinking of everything simultaneously.

And then it came. The thought that kept him awake.

He smiled as he remembered. 

Boy, did he remember.