(KxZ)

And In Those Numbered Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 7:

Zai's Apartment, Seoul, South Korea 10:00 P.M.

 

Zai woke up feeling a slight strain in her neck. Her eyes gradually fluttered open, but all she could see was darkness with the faint glow of the kitchen light in the distance.

“What time is it?” she yawned as she straightened her posture, a heavy weight landing on her lap making her almost scream.

WHAT THE F-?! Her eyes grew accustomed to the darkness and it made out a figure.

K-kim Jongin?! Why is he here? Her still sleepy mind, racked the previous events and remembered that he came over and they ate chicken together.

But that was.. she reached for her phone in her pocket,

6 hours ago? It was 10:00 P.M. already, according to her phone. The latter’s head was poked by her bony fingers but  he didn’t respond at all.

“Hey..psst..wake up. Wake up.” Poking, shaking, even trying to poke his sides but of course she wouldn’t admit it to herself that she tried tickling him; none of those worked. Even when she got off from the sofa and an audible thump of his head dropping to the cushion was heard, did not wake him.                           

Aisssh..really? Zai sighed, giving up, as another yawn escaped from her. For sure, she still wanted to sleep as much as he did. When she was about to head to her bedroom, a cold gust of wind made its way through her screened window. She unconsciously hugged herself for warmth but was reminded of her other…roommate.

Should I? She shook her head and was about to go on her way again when the draft grew even colder.

Really, God? Are you telling me to live my last days as a saint? She grumbled and trudged to the living room cabinet.

“Happy now? Tch.” She rolled her eyes at the sleeping Jongin after she placed an extra duvet on him. And as if to confirm it, he sleepily smiled and snuggled closer to it but Zai was already on her way to catch some sleep herself.

It was a fairly windy morning but not as cold as last night was; so Zai opted for a long-sleeved hoodie and track shorts. After she finished tightening her laces and setting up her headphones, she headed out of her bedroom for her usual jog. Yet the sight that greeted her was not the usual at all.

“WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU ?!!” her eyes turned into saucers before she shielded them with her hands because of this..this  godlike entity exhibition. It was actually just Jongin stretching while yawning as he had just woken up.

His crinkly eyes, or one of it, opened a tad as it settled on her; a sleepy smile settling on his lips as well.

“Heyy…goodmorning to you too~”

She peaked through her fingers thinking he at least had a shirt on, now. But boy she was wrong. Jongin had his arms crossed, gazing at her amusedly. Still, on all his half- glory.

Why--is she acting so cutely?

“Jeeeeezz, I told you to put something on!” She covered her face this time because her face grew oddly hot.

“Why the heck are you even ?! In somebody’s apartment at that? Didn’t your parents teach you manners? God I’m not letting you in here again, I-I’m leaving!” Zai stormed out of her apartment to proceed jogging since she was late for it already. Also, well, she couldn’t take the heated atmosphere. More so if that cheeky little devil ever found out that it wasn’t only the atmosphere that was heated.

Local Park, Seoul, South Korea 7:30 A.M.

“Hi there, y. You should wear shorts often because damn” Zai’s eyes widened when she saw Jongin suddenly appearing beside her, winking; and jogging as well.

The music that playing in her headset was a calming one, at mid-volume so she could clearly hear what he was saying. Before her cheeks started growing warm again, something that tends to happen when he was around she observed; she ran faster to get ahead of him.

Hmm? man messing with her is so fun. Jongin chuckled as he ran faster to catch up.

She glared at the guy who was now beside her, matching her pace. Her energy was almost drained since she used it to run faster and if she did it again she might pass out. The annoying devil was here to stay, she sighed.

“Tch, maybe I should be more often. You said more words then than when I have clothes on” Jongin said extra loud while shrugging nonchalantly. On the other hand, Zai pulled her hoodie further to hide her face when she saw curious gazes and whispering of old ladies and couples after they passed by.

What the hell are you doing Kim Jongin..ughhh. Her cheeks tinted pink and bowed at them apologetically while jogging a bit slowly.

“I remember, it was slightly cold last night and I liked that weather to be honest. But then something warm laid on top of me..” some girl highschoolers giggled when they saw Jongin smile mischievously at Zai while children’s ears were covered by their parents

“Omo omo…such a good-looking and open couple, kyaaaah~ Relationship goals!”

“Tch, kids these days are soo indecent! Cover your ears son!”

….

….

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter