09

[Series] What made you smile?

 

 

“Wahhhh this lake is so huge!” I squeal excitedly, looking around. I've never been to such a huge lake before so I'm pretty excited. I squat down, watching small fishes in the water. Yoseob follows me.

"Aren't they cute?" he says, referring to the fish. I nod rapidly, agree with him.

"Do you have boyfriend?" Yoseob suddenly asks, looking straight into my eyes.

I sputter. Why so sudden?

"Why did you ask that?"

"If you have one, I'm scared if he would mad at me for hanging out with his girlfriend," he frankly speaks. I chuckle.

"Don't worry. I don't have one." I smile. "The truth is I never had boyfriend. I didn't found the right one yet."

"Ahh...," Yoseob nods. "I don't need to worry then."

"Exactly. You want to listen to my composing with Junhyung-ssi?" I ask. "I did insert it into my music player."

"Sure. Let's sit on a bench," Yoseob says, pulling me along. Sitting on a bench near the lake together, we listen to my melody composed.

"How is it?" I ask with sparkling eyes. Yoseob smiles.

"Nicely composed. Applause for you!" He claps his hands, cheering. I blush.

"Thanks for the compliment."

My music player continues to play as it plays IU's song, Good Day. Yoseob looks at me with eyes widen.

"You listen to IU?"

"Yeah, a lot. I like her a lot and I'm her fan!" I say proudly.

"Woah. Me too! I'm her fan too!" he states, sounding really excited.

My jaw drops.

"Really? OMG. Give me five!"

I high-five him and we start to talk about our favourite idol, IU.

 

~~~

 

Landing on my lovely bed, I bury my face into my pillow, screaming loudly while rolling on the bed. A loud thud fills my bedroom. Oh, I just fall from my bed. It makes my body hurts. Ouch.

“Sunni, are you okay?” Nanny who passes by my bedroom asks, immediately helping me getting up.

"Did you just fall from your bed?” I grin widely, thinking about the reason I fell from my bed. Suddenly, Nanny flicks my forehead. Frowning, my lips curve a pout.

“Why did you do that?” I say, rubbing my forehead.

“I’m being serious right here because of the loud thud; you’re grinning like nothing happen.”

Sitting on the bed together with Nanny, I smile widely. That make me earn another flick.

"Nanny-ah!"

"Don't worry. It won't damage your brain," Nanny casually says. I huff.

"Forget about it. I want to tell you something," I say, smiling happily.

Nanny narrows her eyes,

"It must be about Yoseob right?"

"Wow, how did you know?" I ask, a bit taken aback even though I expect it.

Nanny smiles sweetly. "Your eyes are always shining brightly whenever you talk about him."

"Really?"

Nanny nods. "Okay, straight to the point. What do you want to tell me?"

"Oh?" I grin sheepishly, remembering things I'm going to tell Nanny.

"What I want to tell you is..."

 

Flashback

After having fun spazzing about our favourite idol, IU, we enjoyed the view of the lake, with the sun was almost setting.

"You have no idea how happy I am knowing someone who likes the same idol as mine and got to spazz about," I expressed.

Yoseob laughed. "Me too. I'm grateful that I got to know you."

I smiled.

"Sunni-ah," he called out. I hummed, watching leaves were falling down from the trees. Autumn was coming, lots of leaves were falling down to the ground.

"I like you."

Hearing those words, I felt my heart was racing. Dup dap dup dap. It started to get fast and fast. As fast as lightning, I turn my face to him, blinking in disbelief.

"You...say what?" I asked. Yoseob cupped my face with his both hands.

"I like you." 

End flashback

 

 

"Woah, Yoseob confessed to you? Great!" Nanny utters excitedly, clapping her hands like a fangirl. Nanny-ah, you're too old to be a fangirl.

"What happened next?"

I grin. "I accepted it and he was so happy knowing that I like him back. We were home hand in hand," I briefly explain, with wide smile on my face. Nanny furrows her eyebrows.

"That's all?"

I rapidly nod and frown. "Why Nanny?"

"No kiss?"

I blush and sigh heavily at the same time. Slowly I shake my head.

"He just pecked my cheek."

Nanny smiles and ruffles my hair.

"Don't worry. That's mean he is waiting for the right time." She gets up and leaves me alone.

In instant I lay my back on my comfy bed. Closing my eyes, I start to think nonsense things.

"Just why he didn't kiss me? He...ugh."

Quickly I shove the thought off. Switching off the lamp, I drift off to my dreamland.

 

~~~

 

"Sunni...Sunni-ah," I feel like my whole body is shaken.

"Sunni-ah."

I don't know who is calling me but I hum in response anyway. My eyes are too heavy to open.

"Park Sunni. Just wake up already you sleepyhead."

My eyes stir open. In instant it gets wide and my whole body straightens up.

What? I'm still at the lake?

"Yah, are you okay Sunni? You seem lost and confused."

I turn my head to the owner of the voice. He is looking at me with a slight confused and worried face. I blink in confusion.

So, the confession was just a dream? Ah it is a waste. How I wish it is true.

"Yah! Earth to Sunni!" Yoseob waves his hand in front of my face, slightly pouting because I didn't give him any response.

I crack a smile. "I'm okay. Don't worry. Anyway, how come I could fall asleep? I couldn't remember..." I softly massage my temple. It's quite dizzy.

Yoseob smiles.

“Earlier you said your head was quite dizzy, so, I told you to close your and rest but you fell asleep instead.”

I nod in understand.

“Let’s go home. I have things to do afterward,” Yoseob states, getting up from the bench. I get up and walk beside him silently.