03

[Series] What made you smile?

 

"Yoseob-ssi! What are you doing here?!" I ask in low voice after Yoseob pulls away his finger.

"I'm supposed to ask you. What are doing here? You know that we're not supposed to be in here, right?" he states, looking straight into my eyes.

"Of course I know! I was getting my file," I say, showing a file in my arms. "How about you then?"

He scratches his head. "Um...like usual I was sleeping, then when I awoke, I saw you and at the same time I saw a guard passed by. And that's how we ended like this," he explains.

I just oh at his explanation. "Thanks for saving me," I say with a smile.

"No biggie. Just don't ever leaving things in class anymore," Yoseob reminds. I nod, understand.

For a moment we're being silent. Somehow I feel hot air is tickling my face. Just then I realize that how closed my face and his are. My heart starts to beat faster. The truth is I've never been in this situation before. That's why I'm really nervous right now.

I found myself staring straight into his eyes. And not just me but him too. His eyes never leave mine. I want to avoid from staring his eyes but I can't. I feel like my eyes are glued to his. A few seconds passes and we're still in the same position. Not moving and not doing anything.

But not until I feel something soft on my lips. Something like...lips... Lips?! Did he just...kiss me?! My whole body freezes. I can't even move my hand. He starts to a bit my bottom lip. Unconsciously, I close my eyes.

I don't even know why but I've responded to the kiss. The kiss becomes deeper as I feel my head moves slightly backward. For a moment, I think I'm enjoying the kiss.

"Sunni! Are you in here?!" a voice echoes through the classroom.

That makes me shocked and my eyes shoot open. Yoseob's too. Immediately, he breaks the kiss and moves backward in instant. His eyes widen in shock.

"What did I just do?" he says, blinking confusedly.

I have my eyes widen too. Too shock to accept the fact that I've allowed him to kiss me. Technically he just stole my first kiss! I gulp and take courage to answer,

"You...just...kissed...me."

His jaw drops. 'Why I did that?' is all written on his face. Realizing thing is going to be more awkward I speak out.

"Let's pretend like that incident never happened."

He nods rapidly, "Agree!"

"Sunni! Where are you?!" Quickly I stand up and see Min. I can tell that she's worried about me.

"Yah, why did you take such a long time to pick up the file? I thought you got caught already," Min says worriedly, approaching me. Her eyes catch something.

"Who's this cute guy?" she raises an eyebrow. "Wait, are you guys together? Omo!" and she starts to get excited.

"No! It's not like that!" Yoseob and I simultaneously shout.

"Shhh you guys! What if the guards hear us?" Min strictly says. "I was just kidding. Besides, dude, you're not her type."

I nudge her for her frank speaking. Min gives me 'what?' look.

"We've got to go. Thanks again for saving me Yoseob-ssi," I say, flashing him a sweet smile before dragging Min along out from the classroom.

 

~~~

 

"Sunni, why you are not eating? You have been spacing out since back from school," Nanny asks, concern about her young mister which is me. "Anything happened at school?"

I realize from my reverie after Nanny mentioned about school. Automatically the earlier incident flashes into my mind.

"Aigoo why did I let him do that?!" I groan in frustration.

"Let who do what?" Nanny curiously asks, tilting her head slightly to the left.

"Ah, did I say it loud?" I frown.

Nanny nods.

"Aish. Um, nothing Nanny. It's just some school stuffs," I give her a smile.

"Fine if you say so. Just talk to me if you want to," she says, giving me reassuring smile. "Now eat. I don't want you to get sick."

I sigh. "Okay."

 

~~~

 

"Okay class. I have a task assigns to you," my Music teacher, Mr Kim states while smiling widely. Hearing that, all my classmates start to make noise, whining.

"The task is composing a song. The theme for the song is love. It can be love between lovers or love for parents. Anything love-related is acceptable. It's a group of two task and I've chosen your partner," he explains. "Any argument is invalid."

My class goes noisy afterward. Most of my classmates are whining about pair up thingy while others are being excited about the task. You want to know what I'm feeling right now?

Worry.

I'm worried and curious who my partner is. Will my partner able to be comfortable with me? You know, almost all my classmates never talked to me because of my status. But I really hope I'll get a good partner.

"I'll announce the groups now. First group, Jung Jihyo and Kang Minhyuk. Next, Lee Jangsuk and Kim Heejung...." Mr Kim continues mentioning each group's names until the last one.

"Last group, Park Sunni and Yang Yoseob."

Everyone in the class including myself except my Music teacher gasp. As I expect, my classmates start to whisper to each other about my partner. I'm paired up with Yoseob?

I don't know whether it's a good thing or not. He's always sleeping in the class but he’s a genius. He is always topped in class. How weird. Actually I’m glad that I’m paired up with him because at least I've known him.