07

[Series] What made you smile?

 

 

"Yah, why you seem so moody today," Min nudges, after taking a seat beside me on a bench near school field during lunch break.

"Moody? I'm not," I utter defensively.

"Don't lie. You are. Is it related to Yoseob?" she asks. My eyes widen hearing that.

Giving up, "How did you even know?"

"I've known you for 18 years Sunni, not a month or something. What did he do till you're this upset?" Min calmly asks. It's not usual for Min to stay calm when knowing I'm upset because of a boy.

"He said, he assumed me as his friend only. I don't know why but I'm quite disappointed hearing that. You know why?"

I ask, slightly pouting. Min shrugs but I see something in her eyes. She knows but doesn't want to tell me. I sigh.

"By the way, how much shot you got today?" Min asks, raises an eyebrow. I shake my head.

"None."

"None? Seriously?"

I nod.

"Wah. Since you got closer to Yoseob no one confess to you anymore? Daebak!"

"What is daebak about it? I got more whispers and stares," I pout. "Well, at least no one disturbs me anymore." I smile in satisfy.

Min shakes her head vigorously.

"No uh. There's one person won't give up." I frown.

"Who?"

"That guy," she says, turning her head to a direction. Following Min, I see Kikwang arrogantly walking heading to us with his wide smile and eyesmile.

I sigh. What should I do to get rid of this guy? Urm.

"Hi babe," Kikwang greets with his smile, pushing Min away to sit beside me. I roll my eyes, ignoring.

"Babe, why are you ignoring me?" he whines, pouting. I make a disgusted face and turn my body away from him, ignoring him.

"Babe," he calls, scooting closer to me.

"Yah! Can you stop calling me that? You annoyed me you know!" I say it loud. Kikwang is taken aback with my outburst.

"You like that guy huh? That's why you don't like me," Kikwang utters with smirk on. "Yoseob has nothing compared to me."

Hearing that, my blood starts to boil. Standing up, facing him, I give him a sharp glare.

"I never liked you ever since you first appeared in front of my eyes. And Yoseob has nothing to do with this. Don't you ever say that to him. You arrogant brat are actually have nothing. Yoseob has manner and you don't! Yoseob knows how to respect other people and you don't," I say angrily.

"And for your information, yes, I do like Yoseob."

 

~~~

 

"Did you see his face when you said that? Totally priceless!" Min cheers.

I force a smile. I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now. Kikwang just ruins my entire mood for today. He has no right to say that Yoseob has nothing. Yoseob is actually a good guy. He's not perfect but I like just the way he is.

I admit, I like him.

Suddenly Min nudges me. I look at her confusedly as her lips curve a sly smirk. “Since when you like Yoseob huh?”

 

~~~

 

"Class, how's your task's progress?" Mr Kim asks, standing straight in front of the classroom. "Today is Wednesday, you still have four days. You're going to perform it this Monday."

The task! Ohmy. I bite my lips. I totally forget about the task. I turn my head to Yoseob to see him sleeping soundly. I sigh.

"Why I got him as partner?" I mumble.

"Anything to add Sunni-ssi?" Mr Kim asks, looking slightly annoyed.

Everyone has eyes on me. Quickly I shake my head, saying no. Mr Kim tells the class to go and sit with own partner. Slowly, I drag my feet to Yoseob's place. Like always, he's sleeping. I want to wake Yoseob up but he looks tired.

Should I wake him up? I'm hesitating right now. However, I see a paper stuck under his arms. Slowly I pull it out and start to read the content.

 

Sunni-ah, let's go to nearby music studio this Saturday to compose the song okay?  ^_^ Don't worry too much. We will be able to finish it on time -Yoseob.

 

My lips curve a smile reading the mini letter. So, he actually knows that I'm worrying about it. Aigoo, what a sweet guy. I put my head on the desk, my face facing him. He owns a good look. He's not handsome but he's cute. He's really cute. You know, cute isn't my type but I think it changed already.