10

[Series] What made you smile?

 

 

“Can you come to the park at 9pm?”

Yoseob asks via text message. He sends me one after I had my dinner. I furrow my eyebrows, wondering why he asked.

“What for? We just met earlier,” I reply back curiously, taking a glance of the clock, 30 minutes to 9pm.

"I want to show you the lyric I've composed."

"Really? Um...let's see if my parent allows me to go out."

Actually I just want to ask Nanny. My parent is always out of country and I hate it.

"Okay. I'll be waiting for you." Reading the text somehow makes my lips form a smile.

“Don’t forget to wear thick clothes. It’s cold outside,” Nanny reminds me for the nth times and I nod for the nth times. She actually allows me to go out but with a condition, bring Min together. Fortunately Min lives next to my house, so, it won’t be much problem to ask her to follow me.

“Just why you asked me to follow you?” Min questions, rubbing her hands to keep them warm. “It’s cold right now you know!”

“Because you’re my best friend,” I say and grin widely at annoyed Min. “And, it’s not that cold! You’re over reacting.”

“Hehe.”

I roll my eyes and keep walking heading to the park. Min fastens her speed and walks by my side. Once I’ve reached the park, I quickly look for Yoseob. He is supposed to be here since I’m 15 minutes late.

“Where is Yoseob?” Min asks, frowning while looking around. She knows that I’m going to meet my task partner.

I shrug. “I guess he’s late a bit.” We decide to sit on a bench while waiting for him.

A few minutes later, I feel tap on my shoulder which I quickly turn my head to; Yoseob is smiling sheepishly while holding something.

I can’t be sure of what is he holding because it’s quite dark around here even though there is a lamp up there beaming toward us.

“Sorry I’m late,” Yoseob says, showing his apologetic smile. “I was getting this,” he shows what is he holding earlier; a guitar.

I return him with a sweet smile.

“It’s okay. I’m not alone either,” I state, referring to Min who is sitting beside me while playing with her smartphone.

“Uh, hello Min-ssi,” Yoseob greets formally when Min turns after her name was mentioned.

“Oh hi Yoseob! Just call me Min,” Min grins. “I guess you need some personal space so meet you later Sunni. I’ll be at that store,” she is pointing to a store near the park.

“Yeah. See you later.”

Once Min leaves, Yoseob takes a sit beside me.

“What with the guitar?” I ask since I’m curious. Well, curiosity can kill you know.

“Ah, I’ll play the song using this.”

My eyes grow wide a bit. “You know how to play guitar?”

Yoseob lets out a small laugh and ruffles my hair. “Of course, if not I won’t be bringing this.”

I blush due to his sudden action. Glad that around us is quite dark, so that he can’t see pink shade on my cheeks. I grin shyly at him.

“I’ll start playing and singing okay? Listen to the lyric carefully.”

“Wait!”

“What is it?” Yoseob is looking at me with his adorable eyes which makes my heart skips a beat.

“Um…you already memorize the melody I composed this afternoon?” I blink, waiting for his answer.

Yoseob laughs again. His laugh is adorable.

“Yes of course my dear,” he answers casually. My eyes go wide.

My dear?

Before I manage to proceed my thought, I hear the melody of the song which comes from the guitar. The melody sounds very good with guitar yet lovely soothing voice of Yoseob. His voice is really something.

 

 

I'm gonna make you love me
I love you, I’m only happy when you are here
I always just need you

 

Yoseob looks at me straight into my eyes while singing melodiously.



Even though I can’t say it right now, even when I keep getting nervous looking at you
I always think of you , you don’t know yet, you don’t know my love, I just need you
Umm -

I want you like this, I just keep seeing you
In my head, it’s filled with the thoughts of you. I’m so happy all day, I sing a song for you
Anytime –

I'm gonna make you love me I love you -
I’m only happy when you are here, I always just need you -

Because of you you you you
I only think of you
you you you Now
Love me, love me, only look at me

 

Yoseob gives me his beautiful smile. My heart is racing. Dup dap dup dap.



When you are so tired and facing hard times, when you are in pain
I’ll be satisfied if I’m the person you look for, I’m happy with just that
Oh baby Alright -

I was the silent one who said that I was never going to have a one-sided love in my life
That I was going to meet someone who loves me
But you are the girl that who broke all of that, how sad is this
I leave a message on your phone using the emoticons that I thought were so corny
You are the first girl who changed me this much

I'm gonna make you love me I love you -
I’m only happy when you are here, I always just need you -

Because of you you you you
I only think of you
you you you Now

Love me, love me, follow me

 

Yoseob affectionately winks at me. Did he just-



Slowly I will move closer to you
I will now tell you gathering up my courage

I love you, I like you, I only need you Oh huh -

Instead of some awkward relationship of love that doesn’t last for thousands of years
The distance between you and I is like a road full of traffic, it’s just feels hopeless, we aren’t even far or close
I think it’s about time we got closer, I’m a little impatient, but I’m not being forceful
I just want to escape the nervousness and uncertainty of losing you
I want to walk with you on a bright sunny day

Because of you you you you

I only think of you
you you you Now
Love me, love me, only look at me

 

 

 

Yoseob ends it with a sweet smile on his face. I find myself blushing from all his action. Gosh, my cheeks are burning!

“How is it?” Yoseob asks; smile never left his face. I gulp and take the courage to answer. My lips curve a smile.

“It’s nice and beautiful lyric. I love it very much!”

“You do?”

I nod rapidly. I really love the song. Feeling like it’s dedicated to me. Aigoo Sunni-ah, stop dreaming.

“Thanks for loving it.” Yoseob clears his throat. “The song is for you. I wrote it for you.”

I gasp and blink confusedly yet shocked. “You what?”

My brain slowly processes of what Yoseob told me. After a moment, I feel warm around my hands and they are being pulled. I look down on my hands; Yoseob is holding them tight in his hands. I want to say something, to tell him something but I feel like my tongue is tied. I’m speechless and I don’t know what to say either.

“Park Sunni, I like you.”

That sentence makes him earns gasp from me. My mouth is slightly ajar upon hearing that sentence. Finally I gain my conscious.

“Really? You like me?”

Yoseob smiles, making my heart skips more beat.

“Hmm, I like you, very much.”

I find myself blushing after hearing those words.

“Do you like me?” Yoseob’s eyes grow bigger and even sparkling to know my answer.

“Of course I do!” I answer, quite excited. Yoseob laughs and ruffles my hair affectionately.

“Aigoo, you’re cute.”

Pink colour starts to shade on my fair cheeks. Yoseob puts his guitar aside and scoots closer to me. Without saying anything, he gives me a tight hug yet loving, burying his face on my neck. I spontaneously return his warm hug.

“Thanks for liking me,” Yoseob utters softly. I can feel his breath hitting on my neck and it’s ticklish. I hum in response. Breaking the hug,

“Be mine?”

I smile, gladly accepting his request. “Yes.”

Before I know it, Yoseob is leaning in. I close my eyes, waiting for his soft lips brush on mine. But….

“Yah Sunni why so–” I hear a gasp. “late…?”

Opening my eyes, I quickly turn to the owner of the voice, Min. She has a smirk on her face.

“Sorry for disturbing. Just continue of what you were doing earlier.”

Min turns around and walks away. I turn my head to Yoseob and what I get is his soft lips on mine.

“Yoseob-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“What made you smile? You know, you only started to smile on the first day I brought you to the orphanage house.”

“Uh? Daniel didn’t tell you?”

“Sadly no.”

“Aish this little brat.”

“What is it? What made you smile?”

“You really want to know?”

“Yes of course!”

“It’s you. You made me smile, still make me smile and will make me smile.”

 

 

Not everything will be revealed. Some of it will keep remain mystery

 

 

끝/kkeut/end


Song's lyric credit to B2ST's You.

 

So, it's ended already! Yay! ㅋㅋㅋ

How is it? ㅎㅎ I didn't write more chapter because I'm scared if it would be unfinished like my previous series story and also I'm going to be hiatus from writing again. T_T

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting.

I appreciate it very much! Till next story. Ppyong~~