1

Things To Say Besides I Love You

Sometimes the words "I love you" aren't right, Chanyeol thinks.

He thinks that maybe Baekhyun won't feel like he meant it at all if he says it.

He thinks that maybe if he searched hard enough there would be a decent alternative to those three words.

Sadly he hasn't found it yet.

 

In the meantime all he could do is sit across by Baekhyun in a restaurant and listen to him talk about his annoying co-workers.

Chanyeol enjoys the tone of Baekhyun's voice it was something he quite got used to.

Chanyeol realizes he can't stop himself anymore and blurts out:

"This steak is really well-cooked"

Baekhyun simply nods in agreement.

 

 

 

But at some point Chanyeol gets another urge to say those words as they walk along the sidewalk in winter season.

 

Baekhyun always had this habbit of putting his hands inside Chanyeol's pockets.

Chanyeol feels Baekhyun's hands tigthen in his pockets as he tries to keep up in pace with him.

At that moment, Chanyeol thinks that Baekhyun looks cute as he rests his chin on his shoulder.

Chanyeol could only look at him in the eyes and say:

"You should really get yourself some gloves"

Baekhyun grins and places a kiss on his cheek

 

 

 

But Chanyeol finally gets it right as the sun rises up and instead of getting ready for work he finds himself watching Baekhyun sleep peacefully.

If only the sun wasn't so bright on his face to remind him that he was going to be 15 minutes late if he didn't fix himself in time and the fact that Baekhyun will kill him if he doesn't prepare a decent breakfast other than a bowl of cornflakes.

 

But it didn't matter.

 

It was the perfect moment.

 

Chanyeol feels his heart thump as Baekhyun wakes up and says

"Hey why aren't you dressed yet?? You're going to be late"

Chanyeol only smiles and kisses him

 

"You make me really happy"

 

 

And with those words Baekhyun understood what he meant and replied

 

"I love you too. You idiot"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

meh.