Giant Wheel.

Carnival Lights

His hand held yours delicately like it was a fragile object. Yet his fingers entangled with yours tightly like he didn't want to let go.

His ever present dimple deepened behind his mask as you looked at him and smiled. You've known him all your life. Yet this was an all-new experience. You loved your best friend and he loved you back.

The two of you walked through the carnival like the entire world didn't exist. Ignoring the sounds around you both, happy in your little bubble. A comfortable silence you didn't ever want to break.

Sure this was a typical date for most people. But this was special to you because you had first met Yixing at the carnival.

You remember the lanky little boy standing by the giant wheel wanting to get in. He was hesitant, his mother afraid of heights unwilling to join him. You had gone over and offered to go with him and ever since, the two of you were inseparable.

It's been fifteen years and the bond only grew into love. Zhang Yixing was the perfect man and it was hard not to fall in love with him. But when he returned your feelings, you were beyond surprised.

Here you were again, where it all began. Standing in front of the high giant wheel decked with colourful lights making it shine against the dark of the night. It was truly beautiful and having Yixing's comforting warmth beside you just added to the effect.

"So are we going to be standing here staring or are we going to get on?” His voice cut through the silence as he tugged you towards the little cabin, pulling his mask down as you both enetered it. The both of you settled down on the rickety wooden seat. His hand never let go of yours even for a single second.

You leaned against his shoulder, feeling him stiffen under you before relaxing and playing with your fingers. His fading cologne tingled your nostrils. It smelt like the ocean mixed with the very essence of Zhang Yixing and you loved everything about it. You snuggled closer to him, brushing over his sensitive neck on purpose, making the poor thing jolt. You giggled as he sighed, exasperated. You ran your thumb over his knuckles in an attempt to soothe him. He relaxed further and rested his chin on top of your head. This was all new to the two of you, but it didn't feel strange or awkward. Everything about this felt perfectly natural.

Today he was Zhang Yixing. Not EXO's Lay and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Sighing comfortably you asked him if he was feeling awkward at all. He smiled as shook his head. The cabin was reaching the top and you could see the city lights from the corner of your eye. You wanted to see it all yet you didn't want to leave Yixing's embrace.

"Do you want to see the city lights?" He chuckled, as you felt the vibration on your head. You shook your head making him let go of you as you shifted to the corner and gasped at the awe inspiring sight.

Lights were everywhere twinkling against the darkness like fireflies. Crimsons, yellows, blues and greens stood out in places and combined in others.

"It's very beautiful." You whispered, pressing your nose against the window of the cabin making Yixing smile at you.

"Has anybody told you I think the same about you?" He said, making you spin around in your seat and stare at him. You felt the heat risen in your cheeks making him chuckle.

"What a cute red light." He laughed before leaning in and pressing his lips against yours.

You felt your breath stop along with the rest of the world. Your eyes widened for just a moment before fluttering shut and all you could do was feel. Feel your heart thumping, his soft lips moving and the feelings flowing out of your chest. He pulled back, his face almost as red as yours as he strutted.

"I-I don't know what got into me...I-I'm so sorry!" He began hyperventilating as you stared at him before leaning over and pecking his lips, effectively silencing him.

"You're an idiot Yixing. And I love you for that."

A silly grin spread across his face as he pulled you into his arms and kissing you again.

The lights, the cabin, the giant wheel continued to move as time stopped for the two of you.


Yay to Yixing!

Isn't he a cutie?

Well, that was awkward. *ducks and hides*

- Ryukai