The Soldier

wanna play chess with me?

Hyolin was headed to Busan. She had a fan-sign event. It was the second week since she had been promoting her new album. She listened to her song and sang along the lyrics, so she won’t forgot the lyrics when she met her fans. Since she’s promoting the album alone, she didn’t expect the song will gained a lot of love from her fans. The album sales were ridiculously high since it was released. She was happy, finally people recognized her as a talented singer.

“We’re arrived.” Sookjin opened the van’s door and helped Hyolin.

“Thank you.” She smiled and let her manager to lead their way. She could hear a loud scream from the crowd, she shook their hands and bowed at them. The staff went to her and getting her ready. After ten minutes, Hyolin showed up on stage and greeted the audiences. “Hello everyone, it’s been a while I came here.” She thanked to the audiences for coming and sang two songs from her solo album melodiously.

Then, she was led to the table where she had to meet each fans and signed for them. Hyolin drank the mineral water and smiled to the first fan. Hyolin greeted and smiled to her.

Later, a fanboy gave Hyolin a small but long box to her. “It wasn’t from me but I hope you like it.” He lent it to her. Hyolin smiled “What is this?” “Open up” The fanboy beamed “Do you like it?” Hyolin pause, her face fell when she saw a set of soldier. It’s mean the chess had completed. She’s getting the full set of it. “Who gave this?” Hyolin asked. “Why? you don’t like this?” “I like it but I want to know who gave this?” She asked again. “I don’t know. A man told me to give this to you. I told him to give this on his own but he refused.” He explained.

“Oppa” Hyolin called Sookjin. “What?” He surprised when he saw it. He knew what that meant, but he didn’t know the purpose of all this. He worried if someone wanted to hurt his girls, since he had been with SISTAR for three years. “Don’t worry. I’ll strengthen security okay?” He patted her back and ran to the security room to make sure everything was under control.

“What’s wrong?” The fanboy asked. “Nothing. Where should I sign?” An agent came, stood next to her. Hyolin saw Sookjin’s thumbs up to her, she smiled to him. She looked back to the fanboy.

“Can I hug you too?” “Of course” She hugged him and patted his back. “Thank you for coming.” She bowed and the fanboy left her.

“You gave her?” The man asked her. He nodded in return. “But why you gave her that?” “I just want to play with her. That’s all.” He grinned. He patted his shoulder, “By the way, thanks man.” He nodded and left the man alone. He watched her entertained her fans. He smirked, It’s okay babe. Take your time.

While Sookjin on his way to his van, he saw a familiar face at the parking lot. He gasped, he knew him and he knew him too. How in the world he’s alive? He thought. He slowed his step; he needed to make sure the man weren’t alive. So the girl’s safety won’t affected by him. “Hey you!” Sookjin called him as he saw the man already put on the helmet on his head. “Hey you stop there!” He shouted this time. The man heard him, he looked at Sookjin and grinned. He hopped on his motorbike and waved at him. Please tell me it’s not him Sookin’s face pale, he stood there awhile. He stared at the road blankly. All his concern, he must make sure Hyolin won’t see the man earlier. He blinked his eyes a few times, clenched his hand, and sighed. He made his move back to his van.

Hyolin’s fansign finally ended. She waited Sookjin at the staff room. The staff bowed at her and she bowed back, greeted them to safely arrive home. She sighed Where’s oppa? A few minutes later, she saw a familiar black van and pouted. “Where have you been oppa?” “Nowhere. Let me help you” He offered, he took Hyolin’s bag and placed them at the bonnet’s car. Then, he closed the van’s door and drove back to Seoul. “You sure you alright oppa? You looked pale.” He shook his head. “No. I’m alright.”

She was about to plug on her earphone, “Did you meet someone earlier?” he asked. “fan?” “oh yeah. Haha you met fan.” He laughed coldly and sighed. “Next time, if you’re going out when there’s no scheduled, make sure to inform me first.” He said worriedly. Hyolin replied him and plugged on her earphone to her ear. She chose the song and closed her eyes. Literally, her concerned was all about the chess-part and all the quizes were given. She just wanted to end this. She let out a big sighed.

"You're home!" Dasom beamed. Dasom walked to the couch and sat next to Hyolin. "What's wrong?" Dasom asked; she looked at Hyolin's intense face. Hyolin opened her eyes, she took the box she was given at the fansign and gave it to Dasom. Dasom was puzzled "What is this eonni?" "Open it" She said. Dasom obidiently followed her orders. She opened the box, looked at Hyolin depressed face. "Eonni, did you receive all the part?" "Yeah. But the white one."

Dasom sighed. She stared at the chess part. "I think you're going to get the black set too." Hyolin looked at Dasom surprisingly. "Why would you say so?" "You know, chess part is like a couple. Black and white. Someone is trying to play with you." She said "I don't know who either why. Just.. be careful" Dasom put the box on the coffee table, she looked at Hyolin and patted her shoulder. "If anything happen, we will always be by your side. Just to remind you, eonni" she smiled. Hyolin replied her with thankful face, she hugged her "You stink!" Hyolin said, which gave a laugh to Dasom. "Eonni, you're bad!" Hyolin laughed on her. "Go shower" she said. She laid back at the couch and closed her eyes. Dasom sighed "Alright alright." She went to her room.