Uninvited Guest

wanna play chess with me?

Hyolin opened her eyes. She woke up and shut the alarm. She was alone at the dorm. All the members had solo’s schedules and Hyolin had to prepare for her solo debut as Kim HyoLin. Without SISTAR by her side, stood in front of the crowd alone. Alone. One word that terrified her. She had to accept the burden on her shoulder. She had to dance and singing in one time. It was eight in the morning, Hyolin yawned as loud as she could since she’s alone. She took her towel and went to the bathroom.

“It’s still early” She looked at the clock. Then, she moved to the mirror. She looked at the chess-part she received from ‘unknown’. It’s not completed yet and she expected to receive another chess-part. She took the queen, “Who are you?” She murmured alone. She didn’t know why, but all these chess-part are important to her.

Ding Dong

“Come in oppa. I didn’t install new password.” Hyolin said.

Ding Dong

She stopped herself from her thoughts. “It’s weird” Hyolin said to herself. She walked to the door and watched on the screen. She gasped, who is he? She thought. “O-ooppa, just opened the door.” She saw a guy wore a dark motorbike helmet. She saw the guy grinned and again Ding Dong

Hyolin ran to her room and took her phone. She dialed Sookjin’s number, but she heard the door was unlocked. “Oh no.” She closed her room and locked it. “Hello. Hyolin-ahh, I’m on my way to-“ “Oppa, come here. Hurry!” She trembled. She ended the call and took the umbrella that was hung at the back of the door.

“You know, you can’t run forever.” The guy said. Hyolin gasped. She was afraid. Next time, if she didn’t install new password, please remind her to, so this kind of scene won’t happen onward. Sookjin Oppa, just where are you?

“KIM HYOLIN WHERE ARE YOU?” Sookjin shouted. Hyolin could hear his voice but she remained silence as she knew the guy was still in there.

“Open up, it’s me. Are you alright?” Sookjin knocked the door.

Hyolin opened the door and poked her face out. She looked around. “Did you see someone here?” She asked. “No. I didn’t. But I saw the door was unlocked. So I ran here.” “Thanks oppa” She got out from the room and still held the umbrella.

“Next time, if this happening, call 911. It’ll be more safe.”

“I don’t want to. I don’t want to cause a scene.”

“Stubborn.” Hyolin smiled at Sookjin. “You can put your umbrella down now. We’re going to studio now. Have you eaten?” “Not yet” Sookjin sighed. “I’ll be back.” “You better be.” Sookjin ran out and left Hyolin alone again.

Hyolin left out a big sighed as she saw a box in front of the door. She walked to the box and kneeled down. She opened up and saw castle chess-part. She felt burdened. Not again She sighed. Who would want to give a chess-part like this? If he or she wanted to play chess game with her, he should gave her a whole chess set. So she can play it right away and put it on internet.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to get ready?” SoJin said.

“Eonni came?” “Sookjin told me to get you.” Hyolin nodded. She took her bag and tucked it under her arms. She locked the door and followed her to the van. On her way to the studio, she stared at the window blankly, ignored SoJin’s nag. She was holding the castle and looked through it again. “Where did you get this? I thought you left on your last day of school.” SoJin said. “I did that?” Hyolin asked.

“Just because you’re not seeing your school like five years ago, doesn’t mean you have to forget your memory.” She sighed.

“Whatever it is, here your schedule.” Hyolin took the sheet of papers.

“I’m going to sleep in the building again” She checked the papers. Ohh not again

 

Hyolin installed the password lazily but the door still locked. She pressed the bell button. “Open up. It’s me.” She said. Then the door opened and she received a hug from Dasom. “Eonni are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Hyolin saw all the member are back. “Next time, if you install new password, make sure to tell me first.” She said.

“We did this for your safety.” Soyou murmured.

“And ours.” Bora added. Hyolin came in and put-off her shoes to the cabinet.

“I think we shouldn’t leave you alone here. It’s dangerous.” Soyou said. Hyolin walked to the couch and sat on it. She sighed, “When did you guys back?” “At nine?” She nodded and watched the tv. “You don’t want to shower? At least change your clothes first.” Soyou said. “Hyolin shook her head. “I just want to sleep” She hugged Dasom whom sitting next to her. “Eonni! You’re stink!” Hyolin sighed. “Fine” Dasom giggled.

“Hurry! I’ll get your food ready!” Bora yelled.

Hyolin entered her room. She took her towel and went to the bathroom. Done, she went straight to the dining table and expecting a scrumptious food on the table. But her stomach sank when she saw ramen. “Ramen?” “Yeah. We ran out food.” Bora said. “Come on. Just eat it up. Ramen is delicious.” Soyou added. Hyolin made a face.

“You didn’t imaging anything back then in the toilet right?”

“No”

“Good then.” Hyolin sighed.