Adjusting...

Nostalgia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai

It's been seven years since I last saw Korea. From what I remembered, Chungju is the last place I've been from here. Since, I have forgotten everything, I think it's my first time here in Seoul. The places isn't so familiar. I have to cope up with people and with the environment since I am used living in USA. The reason why I transferred here in Seoul all the way from America is because I don't wanna live there anymore. My parents told me that they will also transfer their business here soon so I want to live with them. Mom and dad are not always with me but they do visit me in US monthly. They never forget their responsibility in me even though they have nothing to be responsible about to begin with. We aren't blood-related but they care for me like their own son. I wonder if my real parents did the same. I don't care. I don't mind knowing. No one has even searched for me.

"Don't worry, there's someone who'll help you there. Seoul is not a dangerous place anyway. You'll never get hurt anymore."

Mom smiled while rubbing my arms. She's making sure that everything will be alright.

"Yes mom..."

"Don't stress yourself." she reminded me.

I've been having a trauma about the incident 7 yrs ago. It keeps on flashing but I can't remember anything except the fire that flashing through my mind and a boy that was running in the middle of the road, other than that, I can't remember anything. I am afraid of fire. Everything that is related to fire. Fireworks, candle, fire from the chimney, fire from the stove. That's why I never learned how to cook because I don't wanna see a fire.

When I get back here in Korea, there's a girl waving my name. I don't know who is she but I guess she's what mom is talkin about. I approached her. Seeing her nearer makes her more beautiful. I saw a guy approached her but the guy left immediately so I continued getting near her.

"Where's the car?" that's the first sentence I mouthed to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter