Behind his beautiful face is his dark past

Nostalgia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho

I came my way from Japan. I found Nam Woo Hyun.

 

"A missing boy from Chungju....??" he mouthed as he's trying to recall what happened.

"That boy had already passed away. 7 years ago due to the severe burns on his body." He added

I closed my fist tighter.

"How did you found him?!" I asked.

"I was driving along the street when I saw him crossing asking for help. I rushed him to the hospital but he didn't survived." he said.

"Ahhhh... he has a handkerchief embroidered his name Jong-in. We found that in his pocket." he added

 

His last word confirms it all. He could have lived if only we are early to save him..

 

I went back to Seoul.

 

I saw that same girl from Chungju holding a placard that has Han Kai written on it. And on the bottom of the name, there’s Chungju written on it. I am curious about who is she waiting for that's why I asked her. But she can't answer me.

 

---

 

"How's the trip?" Mom asked.

"It's tiresome..." I briefly answered then headed to my room.

I opened the tv and played the Pirate of Carribeans for the nth time. This movie reminded me a lot about Jong-in. 

 

Dad went in my room without knocking.

"What the hell did you do in Japan?!" He immediately asked without even asking if I already ate or not.

"Just a vacation." I answered.

"Vacation? You still have the mood to do that? Your grandfather is sick and he's looking for you all the while." He said in an anger tone.

"He'll just ask me to play a song for him..." I scoffed

"Even though... You should be there at his side."

"Jong-in...." Dad paused for a while upon hearing my brother's name.

He looked at me.

"Next week is Jong-in’s death anniversary. We should go back to Chungju and scatter his remains." I mouthed. His remains are still on our house. Father doesn't want to let go of it.

He cleared his throat. "I told you it won't be scattered. Just leave it there." He said that and left.

 

I sighed. How can I suddenly brag about that? Acceptance is never that easy. It took us years. But I guess, for dad, it will take him forever.

 

--

Mina

"I'm Mina. Park Mina. I am the only friend you have here in Seoul so please be nice to me." I said.

Kai scoffed.

"Why? What's funny?" I asked him.

He ignored what I say...

"Where's my room. I'm tired." he asked instead. I led him to his room.

 

"What are you looking at? Go out and close the door." he said. Waaaa. He's pretty scary. I wondered how his parents raised him.

 

--

"Why is he like that? He's too cold." I asked Mrs. Jang.

"Just understand him... He's not yet comfortable around his environment." She answered.

"Isn't he handsome?" She grinned.

"Uhmm Yes. He does. He looks like someone I met before."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter