Fire flower

just another lie (Writing Challenge)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Remember when I laughed at Hyungsik when he called them fire flowers?", Hyemi said while looking up to the sky, making Minwoo flinched in reflex to the question.

Minwoo nodded, continue to watch the colouful fireworks which were dancing gracefully in the night sky. He had spent all the hours there, thinking about Hyungsik and he was a bit glad to know that he wasn't the only one.

"Remember how he complimented every single firework he saw?", she asked again, chuckling to the thought but anyone could tell it was a bitter chuckle.

Minwoo nodded again, as usual unable to utter a single word. Minwoo didn't talk much when it comes to Hyungsik, well, he never talk about Hyungsik. He didn't know why he came here, every year, to this empty field, watching the fire work show that was held there. Mostly couples came, but its a whole different story for Hyemi and Minwoo. Minwoo had his own reason why he never fail to call and invite Hyemi to watch it with him, and Hyemi knew just why. Yes, Minwoo didn't know why but she does. Minwoo was still living in the past, he didn't show it but Hyemi knew him. Minwoo was still living in the world of Hyungsik.

It was in the middle of March of 3 years ago.

"Hyemi-ah, Minu hyung! Lets watch fire flowers tonight. Its free!", Hyungsik excitedly said, after running towards them. That time, Hyemi had just been hanging out with them for months, after Hyungsik dragged her to their lunch table, asking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter