2-

How to Exact Revenge in Slow and Subtle Ways

 

CHANGMIN:
 
"Hyung! I got your text! You said you wanted to meet me?” I call, opening the door to my manager’s office. The lights were off and no one was there. Did he just blow me off ? Shim Changmin? Hmm...maybe it was time to fire my manger.
“Sooyoung!” I scream, actually getting her name right this time. I never really forgot her name I just liked to make her think I didn’t care enough to remember it. “SOOYOUNG!” I scream louder, she was usually always lurking around, ready to do whatever I asked. I wait a couple of minutes, no reply. Maybe it was time to fire my personal assistant too.
My phone vibrates with another text. ‘Sorry, meet at president’s office.’ It was from manager-hyung. What could the president want with me? Maybe I was gonna get a raise? Or a medal? A vacation? My own cereal brand? Ooh, I like that last one...Changmin-O’s or Changmin Flakes. Actually, not Changmin Flakes. Sounded like dandruff.

I sprint up to Lee Soo Man’s office, knock once and then let myself inside, and once I see their faces I know that dandruff cereal is the least of my worries.
 
---

“Changmin! Sit, sit.” Manager  says quickly, pulling out a chair for me. I give him a questioning look before sitting down. “Hyung, President.” I bow to both of them. Lee Soo Man is an old guy, and yet he is so intimidating, his stare almost makes me pee my pants.
“Um...” I rub the back of my neck. “You wanted to meet me?”
 
“Yes.” Lee Soo Man says standing up. “There is something we must discuss.” He walks around his desk and towards a display board with a very large number on it. “This,” he taps the board for emphasis. “Is the amount of beneficial money that entered the company this year because of you. This includes sales from concert and fan signing tickets, merchandise, etc.” I grin smugly, hell yes! People forked over loads of money to see my legendary face.
 
He knocks the board over, and behind it is another board with another very large number, albeit smaller than the first one, on it. “And this, is the amount of money we have to spend on you. As you can see this is almost the same amount as how much we gain. This includes money spent on publicists every time you get into some new scandal, this is also the money we had to pay to  for that car you wrecked, the money we had to pay for the pictures the paparazzi took of you yelling at a baby, and the money we had to pay as a settlement to that director you caused mental trauma to.” He looks at me as if expecting me to kneel down on the (ick) ground and kiss his highly coveted Giorgio Armani shoes, begging for forgiveness. As if that was ever gonna happen.
“Overall, the money we gain hardly makes up for the money we spend on you!” He starts shouting now, which is totally uncalled for and annoying because if you’ve ever seen an old guy scream you know, they start to spit a lot. I so did not need a spit shower.
 
“So? What do you want me to do about it now?” I see my manager making signals at me behind Soo Man. Signals illustrating that I should shut up or I would die.
“You’re supposed to be my star idol! How the hell can you be so goddamn passive about this? Huh? Don’t think your irreplaceable. There are thousands of people killing to get to where you are now! Now either listen to what I have to say or get out." I realize that this is a modified version of what I had shouted at Sooyoung the other day. hm, I didn't think karma applied to genetically superior people. Since I am remaining silent he seems to have calmed down a bit. "Changmin, I don't want to lose you.” Lee Soo Man begins. “But your horrible attitude needs to change, so I want to offer you a deal.”
A deal? I perk up, this means that there’s a chance for me! I knew he wouldn’t fire me that easily, I was after all his most valuable star.”Yes, anything!”
“You lay low for a couple of months. Move out of the company building, go stay with some friends, and stay out of the tabloids. If there is even a whisper about you in some scandal I swear I will shred your contract and eat it.”
I gulp and nod, he was essentially offering me a vacation, which was easy, but staying out of the tabloids is hard. Because, everyone is just so damn crazy about me.

---

“That’s the last of it.” I drag my giant suitcase out of the company building, trying to hold back tears. My home was the one thing I loved like crazy. How could I not? A gorgeous expansive penthouse apartment, offering me not only shelter from the rain, but from crazy fangirls and hobos and door to door salesmen. Who knows when and if I’ll ever be back?

 I sat on a park bench moping about the sad state of my life. The park was pretty empty, since it was almost night time. I take another gulp from my water bottle. Damn I was so tired. If I don’t get to sleep then I will get bags under my eyes and that will completely lessen my hotness factor! If I don’t have millions of girls screaming for me then what do I have?

I browse through my (extensive) contacts list, looking for someone who can offer me a place to stay in my time of need. How about Jessica? No...she was probably still mad from that time I had refused to be in her music video, calling her a ‘talent-less troll’. How about Siwon? Nah...he probably wouldn’t want to talk to me after I told everyone his abs were fake. Its pretty hard finding a "friend" I haven't previously exploited, humiliated or threatened.
I smile as I see the name Jaejoong. Of course! Stupid me! I should’ve called my hyungs first!
“Hello?” He asks.
“Hyung!” I can’t help but scream happily.
“Changmin? Whats up?” Theres a lot of noise in the background and I struggle to hear him.
“Yeah hyung I need hel-”
“Oho, arigato.” Jaejoong says to someone. Arigato?
“Hyung where are you?” I ask.
“Japan!” He chirps back.
“JAPAN? What are you doing in Japan?”
“Justin Bieber concert, duh! We told you about it remember, you said you didn’t want to come.” I remember, but why should I go to a Justin Bieber concert when he never came to my concert!
Just then everyone started to scream and I heard Jaejoong shout, “Sorry Changmin! Gotta go! Justin just came out!” And he started screaming before hanging up.

What. The. Hell?
 
Here I am, shivering in a park at night. Completely open to any wild animal or fangirl that happens to think I look yummy, and my hyungs were fanboying over Justin Bieber? Why would they even care about him when they knew me?

 Just as I'm about to give up and find myself a nice box to sleep in my eyes catch one name....Sooyoung.

---

 After calling Hana, a desk lady at SM, (she has a crush on me, she hasn’t told me, but its pretty easy to tell.) who told me Sooyoung’s address. I found myself standing in front of her apartment door. It wasn’t too shabby an apartment but it was nothing fancy either.

I smirk to myself, of course she’ll let me in. Why am I even feeling insecure? I’m Shim freaking Changmin, she has to be mentally retarded if she doesn't let me in. I raise my hand, take a deep breath and knock.
 
 
AN: thanks to all commenters and subscribers!!! <3 you people are awesome! Next chapter will come out fast too I hope, because I'm super excited for the fourth chapter! :D teehee! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. THANKSSS<3