11-

How to Exact Revenge in Slow and Subtle Ways

Sooyoung-

This was not happening.
Was I really really kissing Shim freaking Changmin? The absolute prick and bane-of-my-existence. No, right? It must've been a momentary lapse of sanity and any second now I would leap to my senses and push him away and smack him straight across that  unfairly handsome face of his.

But that did not happen.

Finally, after what seems like hours, our meshing lips came to a consensus and we separated ourselves.
"Wow," Changmin breathes. I glance at his face and he's smiling like a lunatic. "Was it just all this whipped cream or was that kiss sweet." He grins and pulls a tissue out of his pocket and begins to wipe the cream off my face.
I freeze, chest heaving and stare at him wide-eyed, trying to ignore the extreme cheesiness of his prior statement.
"What?" He laughs and pockets the tissue.
"What...what was that?" I manage to squeak.
"A kiss," He shrugs nonchalantly. A kiss he says. Just a kiss?
"But...why?"
"Why what?" He asks.
"Don't 'why what' me! You clearly initiated it," I snap out of my daze and glare at him.
He laughs "As if you haven't been wanting me to do that since the moment you first laid eyes on me. Just consider your prayers answered."
For some reason my heart drops and hot angry tears spring to my eyes. "That's it?"
He shrugs, "It kind of felt like the right thing to do at the time..." He trails off looking at me uncertainly and leans in closer to my face, "are you crying?"
"No!" I yell. "Why would I be crying? Certainly not because that kiss meant absolutely nothing to you and you just kissed me because 'it felt like the right thing to do at the time' and and and," I take a deep breath. "You ruined my brownie!" I shriek taking the brownie I had so carefully decorated off the counter and slamming it on his head. I rub it in for good measure as he gapes at me incredulously before I angrily stomp away.

---
"No unnie, I'm not getting married anytime soon." I sigh into the phone.
"Is it because of what I said last time? Because I was just in a bad mood me and Nickhun are so so so happy and...oh my god!" Victoria unnie gasps.
"What?!" I ask leaning forward. Did something happen?
"I think...I think it’s kicking!" She screams.
"Unnie, I think it's too early for it to kick yet." I explain slowly into the phone. Ever since this pregnancy unnie has been acting all the more wackier.
"What? But I've been reading all the parenting magazines Nickhun subscribed to and oh wai-" I hear the sound of retching from her side followed by the sound of her vomitting into the toilet. "Ugh, oh sorry. Morning sickness...even if it's not morning."
I feel bad for unnie, and also incredibly jealous. Sure she had to put up with phantom baby kicking and projectile vomiting, but she had a loving, doting husband and a baby on the way. And what did I have? A part-time job and a jerky guy who spontaneously decides to kiss people?
"Okay, I got to go." Unnie says after she throws up one more time. "Oh god I feel like . It’s so amazing! Talk to you later!" She hangs up and I sit in silence for a few minutes.



I am in the park a little ways from my apartment. Even though the weather was horrid and my nose was threatening to fall off it was still as relaxing and tranquil as it was in the spring.

"Sooyoung?" My head snaps up and I see Kyuhyun grinning down at me. "I thought that was you."
I smile back, "Hi Kyuhyun oppa." He takes the seat next to me and drapes his arm on the bench behind my back. "What brings you here?"
He shrugs, "I had a day off. Decided to go for a walk." He grimaces, "Yeah I don't have much of a life." I laugh at that.
"So where's Changmin?" He asks, craning his neck around as if expecting him to pop out of some random shrubbery.
"How am I supposed to know?"I ask sourly.
"Whoa, whoa." Kyuhyun laughs, "I was just asking. I usually see you two hanging out." He leans in sideways, "Say, you two aren't going out or anything?"
I shake my head.
"Good," Kyuhyun smiles and makes my stomach flip. I wait for him to elaborate on why this is a good thing but he never does.

“You wanna go somewhere?” He asks after a while of uncomfortable silence.
“Where?” I look at him.
He shrugs, “Lets get ice cream!”
“But it’s so cold!”
His face falls and he looks at the ground, a dejected look on his face. “But...I would love some ice cream!” I say quickly. A look of pure elation takes over his face making him look like a little kid. “Let’s go then!” He grabs my hand and we skip merrily to the ice cream shop.

---

“Lets go there,” He points to a giant department store.
“Why?” I question my chocolate ice cream.
He makes a face. “I have to go back to the dorms soon and they always finish all the instant ramen!”
Now it was my turn to make a face. “You shouldn’t eat so much instant ramen. It has a lot of sodium and salt and it really isn’t goo-”
“Well sorry,” He says good-naturedly, “We can’t all be culinary prodigies,”
I roll my eyes and grab a shopping cart from the parking lot. “Fine lets go, but you should get some healthier stuff. Or one day I should just come to your dorm and cook you something.” I push the cart inside the store and pick up a pamphlet highlighting the sales.
I walk about three feet before I realize Kyuhyun is not beside me. I turn around and give him a questioning look. “Oppa?”
A slow smile spreads on his face and he rushes to catch up with me. "Really?" Kyuhyun says enthusiastically. "You would do that?"
I shrug, "Sure no problem." Then I laugh, "If you keep eating like that you’re gonna have a pot belly."
He grins, "Good, all the other members girlfriends always come and cook for us so it’d be nice if you came."
We both pause awkwardly and I feel my face heat up. What did he mean by that?
“N-not that y-you’re my g-girlfriend or anything.” He says nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. “Just that you’re a friend...whose a girl.”
I nod and turn away from him. My stomach feels uneasy for some reason. “Look at that!” I say pointing at some random object before rushing off into the store.

By the time we began to head home it was dark outside and colder than ever.
“Sooyoung?” Kyuhyun says quietly.
“Mhmm?” I say, rubbing my arms.
“Are you cold?”
“...no...”
“Don’t lie!” He laughs pulling me closer and throwing an arm around my shoulder. “Here, let’s use body heat.”



I tense in his arms and my heart starts beating super fast. But in a weird way. Instead of feeling thrilled or even angry, the way it is with Changmin, all I feel is guilt. As if I'm doing something sneaky. Kissing one guy, then walking in the arms of another  .

What was wrong with me? Its not like me and Changmin were in a relationship. And just because he randomly kissed me does not mean we are committed to each other in any way.

I shake my head fervently, trying to clear my head of all this ridiculous guilt I feel and all thoughts of mine and Changmin’s kiss.
“Sooyoung?” Kyuhyun laughs.
“Huh?” I stop shaking my head and see that we’ve reached my apartment door. I step away from Kyuhyun and put a hand on the doorknob.
“Thanks for today. I had a lot of fun.” I smile shakily.
He smiles sweetly back. “No, I should be thanking you.” He turns so he is facing me completely and takes hold of my hand. “I really wanted to tell you something. But I didn’t have the courage too.”
I freeze, eyes wide. I really hope this isn’t going to go the way I think it is.
“I wasn’t really sure of my own feelings, plus I always thought you were with Changmin, so I didn’t want to break some unspoken bro rule or put you on the spot like that.” He smiles again and rubs his thumb over my knuckles. It’s a sweet gesture but for some reason it makes me feel like I’m going to be sick.
“So, in short.” He takes a deep breath. “Sooyoung, I really really like y-”

“There you are!” The door to my apartment flew open and Changmin stood before us. I gasp in shock. Had he heard all that?
He glares for a moment at mine and Kyuhyun’s enjoined hands before turning to smirk at Kyuhyun. “Hey man, what’s up.”
Kyuhyun opens and closes his mouth, trying to find words. But he’s obviously too surprised. He looks at me a questioning look in his eyes as if to ask, What the hell is Changmin doing in your house?
Changmin turns back to me and smiles. “Soo. I’ve been waiting for you. You should really call if you’re going to come late. I was worried!”
My jaw dropped open. What was happening? Why was Changmin acting like a loving, doting boyfriend?
“Anyways, the vacuum isn’t working. It keeps making weird noises and it smells funny? Any idea about that?” He grabs my wrist and shakes it so that Kyuhyun lets go.
“Come on.” He pulls me inside the apartment and shuts the door right in Kyuhyun’s gaping face.

“W-what was that!?” I blanch. Now Kyuhyun has a totally wrong idea of us! He was just about to confess! An almost relieved feeling washes over me as I think about it. He was just about to confess. What was I going to reply to him? Did I even like him?
“Shh!” Changmin hushes me and looks through the peephole. “God, Kyu, get going already.” He murmurs. “Ah! He’s gone now!” He turns back to me and scowls, crossing his arms over his chest in a mother like fashion. “We need to talk”


AN: THIS CHAPTER! Tis crappy D; And my excuse for the super delayed update?
I was like super busy preparing for this competition thingy and and and yeah. Like I had no time to write! And I also was in the hospital suffering from an extreme case of writers block (har har I’m so funny.)  And like I can never get time with a computer. T_T and yeah...anyways I’ll try to update sooner now. :D LOVE YOU GUYS BTW. Also! Anyone wanna make me a poster? haha.

And whose seen Yoochun’s drama Rooftop Prince. Oh my lord that show is so funny. You should definitely check it out :D