Sookris/ Sooyeol

Of roses, violets and addiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  

Pairing: SooKris, Sooyeol

Word-count: 7,149

Status: Have not completed, this is just part one, guyz. 

"Here's your cup of coffee, sir," The usual waitress placed the warm cup of freshly brewed coffee on the table. She bowed, and left, without another word. A white cloud of mist streamed up slowly, before disappearing into the thin air— like poof, and gone.

Kris stared at his computer's screen, his fingers hanging in the air; not knowing single one bit of what to write. He chewed on his finger nails, and stared at the blank page which should be filled with words by now. "Crap," He cussed, and with irritation, he gulped down the coffee.

Although it scalded his tongue, he didn't mind at all. After all, his mind was occupied with finishing his novel only. He frowned, and hesitatingly paused on a letter. Shrugging his shoulder nonchalantly, he continued typing in a quick pace: Love is a mystery in a parcel, that I had yet to discover. Love...

He paused, unable to continue further. He tapped on his chin, how could he exactly love when he hadn't been able to describe it at all? Sighing in frustration, he snapped his notebook shut. Gulping down what had left in his cup, he left the cafe.

He was disappointed at the fact that his usual inspirational place wasn't giving him much of ideas on what he should write. When he arrived at the porch of his house, he was surprised to see boxes scattered around at his neighbor's house.

He didn't know much about his neighbor who lived next-door that much, since he didn't bother anyway. All he knew was that it was an old lady in her eighties, who had three sons whom never bothered to show up. Kris and her had exchanged a few nods of greetings, and she had sent Kris some home-made food, but other than that, they rarely communicated since the old lady always ended up living at the hospital.

Kris frowned, and took out the key from his pocket. Maybe, the old lady died and her sons decided to sell the house for their own greed. He unlocked the door, and was about to twist the door knob, when suddenly, he heard a stranger yelling at him.

"Hello! Wait up!" Kris closed his eyes, he really disliked talking. Yet, his conscience told him to at least give that strange one last look, before he went into the house. He turned his back, and leaned against the door. He looked with boredom, and uttered, "Yea?" Standing in front of him was a bony and extremely tall girl who seemed to be around his age.

Her hair was falling gently down to her shoulders, and she wore a gentle yet memorizing smile. She tucked in her strands of hairs behind the back of her ear, and laughed, "Hi, I'm the new neighbor of yours from next door." She pointed to the house where that old lady once lived before, before she continued her sentence. "Well, not really new, since I came here quite a lot before. I'm the granddaughter of that old grandma that used to live there. But she died a few days ago, and well, since it holds special memories of hers, I decided to live here for a few weeks before it's finally sold to some strangers." She sniveled, and Kris noticed how her eyes glistened under the sunlight and how she tried to bite her upper lip to stop herself from crying right there.

"I-I just want to invite you to my home-welcoming party, since grandma told me a lot about you. Will you be able to come?" She asked, looking up at Kris with those uncertain eyes. Right then, Kris softened unconsciously, however, he snapped back into a reality, and shook his head.

"Sorry, I'm not free." He said without hesitation, and turned his back, ready to enter his own home until that girl spoke again. "Ah, I see. Wait! I'm Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung. What about you?" Kris heaved a sigh of frustration, he hesitated whether to tell his name since he disliked his name being known by others. He said, "Kris Wu Yi Fan is the name." Without even waiting for the girl's response, Kris entered his house and shut his door with a loud bang.

 

 

 

Sooyoung snorted at her grumpy neighbor. She didn't see any reasons why there was a need to shut the door with such rudeness when she was just being a kind neighbor. "Psh, I wander what grandma sees in him that she said he was a nice kid," Sooyoung scoffed, running her fingers through her hairs. "He was such a stuck-up, acting like he doesn't have time for me."

She trudged her way back to her own house, and her frown immediately tugged up into a smile when she saw her best friend busy rearranging her boxes of belonging in her house. "Chanyeol, it's fine. I can do this by myself. Don't tire yourself out because of me, you still haven't finish painting your artwork, no?"

Chanyeol chortled, wiping away his sweats that neatly lined along the crinkles of his forehead. "Hey, what is a best friend for? Of course, at least I should do this for you right? And don't worry so much about my artwork, it's close to ninety eight percent of finishing." Chanyeol smiled mischievously, scratching his nape uncomfortably.

"But for a tomboy like you, you sure has a lot of things." He frowned, shaking his head. "I was confused for once whether I had come into the right house." Sooyoung squinted her eyes, and smacked lightly on his arm.

"Yah! For once, I really thought that you are finally being nice to me, only to realize you being this Park Chanyeol again." She puckered her lips, and pouted unconsciously. "Ew, don't make duck lips, you look ugly." Chanyeol laughed, clutching tight on his shirt, his hand wiping away the droplets of tears. "I never knew my best friend, Choi Sooyoung, was this ugly before. I admit defeat!" He raised both of his hands, still wearing his foolish grin.

"Aish! You little brat! That's it, there will be no lamb chops for you! I'm pissed off!" Sooyoung fumed, and folded her hands. Chanyeol softened, and slang his hand loosely on the brunette's shoulders. "I was just kidding, Choi Sooyoung. To me, you are more adorable than those angels I had seen. You are the prettiest, even prettier than Baekhyun dressing up as a girl!"

Choi Sooyoung massaged her forehead with her two fingers, and hissed. "Haha, I'm thoroughly amused and fluttered that I'm prettier than that dwarf." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. She sighed, before proceeding to the kitchen, and tied her hair into a messy bun with that old rubber band Park Chanyeol had given her three years ago.

Chanyeol stood on his spot, smiling foolishly to himself. His cheeks turned into crimson red in embarrassment, and rubbed his nape. "Silly girl, you are the most precious and the prettiest to me, because I love you that damn much."

 

 

 

It had been two days since Sooyoung had moved into her new house, and she was getting comfortable with her surroundings. Just not with her not-so friendly neighbor. She hummed a little song, and skipped to the cafe that Chanyeol had found while driving around the town just yesterday.

Sooyoung had always liked coffee and small cafe. It just brought her some sort of comforts and nostalgia. It may be because her grandma and her younger brother, Xiumin had always devoted their lives to coffee that maybe, she was slightly influenced by both of them. Sooyoung chose a seat, and flopped down on it.

Her eyes slightly widened when she noticed her grumpy neighbor, sitting on one of the seats, glaring at his notebook, expecting it to start typing on its own. His hair was tousled as always like a bird nest, and he wore simple v-neck white shirt with dark blue jeans. Yet, he looked extremely handsome that even she admitted it. She stood up, her lips tugged up into a ginger smile, as she trotted over to his table.

"Hey, Kris, right?" She greeted, and even without asking for his permission, she sat in a chair which was in front of him. His eyes darted up at her, and then immediately, it went back on the screen, then the keyboards.

"What?" He asked, and wrapped his long fingers around the cup, and sipped his morning coffee. "I see you like coffee as well! You know ever since young, grandma always liked making coffee, and she would teach me and my younger brother how to make coffee. Well, I didn't like making coffee at first, because I thought it was boring and you know, technically, boring. But hearing my younger brother talking about how he loved making coffee, and the great feeling it brings him, one day, BOOM. I started to like make coffee too, and I realized that when you make coffee for your loved ones, it brings you twice the happiness when you see them enjoying the coffee. It feels like you are in heaven." Sooyoung blubbered on, she didn't know why she was sharing how she felt to a complete stranger but looking at Kris Wu, she felt like he was someone who wouldn't make fun of her and her weird obsessions.

She felt like she could trust him. Kris looked up, abruptly something inside him intrigued an interest in the girl and how she described how she loved making coffees just made it twice the interest. His eyes widened, when a sudden thought flashed across of his mind.

Of course! He was so blind, so blind to realize that his source of inspiration was just in front of him! With the help of Sooyoung, Kris could surely finish his novel in time! He would have no worry over having no experience in love being an obstacle of his while finishing his novel in time.

The smirk on his face grew wider, before he leaned and forced a smile on his face. "Alright, can you further elaborate on your love towards coffee? Or...or even love towards your grandma?" He knew he surprised the brunette by his sudden talking, but he could care less after all, his work was the one which always came first.

That afternoon, Kris Wu had a normal conversation with a normal human for over two hours, without him getting bored. The way how Soo young described love made Kris sparked off his interest towards her. After all, it was the first time when Kris Wu smiled gingerly, and heck, even laughed. It was as if a miracle had happened. Or if not Choi Sooyoung was really special. Kris shook his head, no, he shouldn't be getting influenced with his novel. In Kris Wu's life, there was no such thing was this hideous thing called: love or like.

 

 

"Kris!" Sooyoung yelled from her kitchen window. The male looked up, pausing his chopping of vegetables. It could be done later.

"Yea?" He asked, arching his eyebrow. It had been four days ever since Sooyoung and him had start talking, but it was such a wander that both became extremely close like they had known each other since long time ago. Although there were times when the girl was undeniably annoying with her constant nagging at him to try open up to others, yet Kris was sure she had been a great help to his novel.

"Do you have any potatoes?" She asked, a shy smile plastered on her face. Kris narrowed his eyes, and shook his head.

"Potatoes again? What are you cooking anyway?" He asked, trying to lean in to catch a peek at what the brunette was cooking.

"It's a secret! Just lend me some!" Sooyoung insisted. "I persist in knowing what you are cooking, or else, it's a no!" Kris shook his head adamantly, throwing up a couple of potatoes in the air, slightly teasing Sooyoung.

The brunette surrendered her hands up, groaning under her breath. "I didn't even know you were this stubborn! Fine, I was just planning on doing some potatoes curry with beef."

"The name is Kris Wu Yi Fan for a reason!" Kris smiled cheekily, before tossing a few potatoes out from his house window, and it landed perfectly into the basin of Sooyoung's.

"Yah! It would be such a waste if those precious potatoes ended up in the grass!" Sooyoung scorned, and washed the potatoes several time with the water, and peeled the skin off slowly with her knife.

Kris swiped his hair gently to one side, and heaved a dreamy sigh. "The name is Kris Wu Yi Fan for a reason." Sooyoung's lips tugged up into a small smirk, "Self-praising much, Mr. Author?" She shook her head, and asked, "Do you want to join me for dinner? I promise it's something edible, and not poisonous." She chortled nervously, her gaze shifting around nervously.

"Ms.Choi, I will seriously kill you if I die and leave this world because of your cooking," Kris frowned, and wagged his index finger. "I better get my insurance readied."

"Hey, it's not like that bad, like what Chanyeol described. It's...edible, that's what it matters, since potatoes made it delicious!" Sooyoung stuck out her tongue, slowly twirling her spoon in the pot.

"I tell you what, you can come to my house and have a taste at my dinner instead. How about that?" Kris's eyebrows shot up, his head titled a little at his house, signaling the girl to visit.

"Can I?" Sooyoung's eyes twinkled in excitement. "Sure. Why not? Although inviting people is not my style, but I guess you are an exception." She chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Wow, I'm very honored." Her eyes rounded a little, gasping a little, cupping her hand over her lips. "I was just lying, don't get too excited. You think I was being serious, huh?" Kris rolled his eyes, scoffing under his breath.

"There are just too female population that want to come to my house, including the babes." Kris wiggled his eyebrows mischievously, chuckling as Sooyoung's face turned red with fury. "You little piece of—" Sooyoung huffed out an angry breath, and rolled her eyes. "Aww, come on, I know you can't resist my charms, alright?" Kris chuckled, sticking out his tongue teasingly.

 

 

 

Sooyoung looked herself in the mirror back and forth, tidying up her nicely curled auburn hair into a bun that was held loosely with a ribbon. She brushed her lip gloss against her own pink, soft and tender lips, and puckered her lips, spreading the lip gloss evenly.

She was embarrassed with herself, wandering whether she had overdressed. Never in her life had she put all those powders on her face, or even combing her hair. She had always lived a carefree life, not bothering about anything at all.

Yet, here she was, staring in front of the mirror was a complete different girl. It was as if she had put on a delicate mask on her face, it was as if she was a porcelain doll...

"Oh my god, Kris's self-praising disease is infecting me. God, I hate that guy, I swear." Sooyoung chortled, and arranged her fringe neatly just about the eyebrow. "Making me all giddy, and wanting to put make-up just for him. God, what is happening to me?" She cupped her cheeks, and slapped them a few time, wandering whether it would help her to escape out from her daze.

"I must be very delusional. That's it, delusional! Nothing more, nothing less. Beside, I'm going back to Tokyo right after this month. Yep. Tokyo. Nothing more, nothing less." She assured herself, taking in deep breaths to calm her nerves down.

She inspected herself in the mirror one last time, taking in a deep breath. She wrapped a grey scarf around her shoulder, ready to head out when her phone rang. She arched her eyebrows, confused. She picked up her phone, and looked at her screen. It read:

Yeollie-elf (⊙ω⊙)

"Chanyeol? Why would he be calling to me?" Sooyoung thought aloud, her forehead etched with confused wrinkles.

"Hello?" She hummed softly to the phone, nervously glancing at the clock on the wall. 7:45pm, Sooyoung panicked a little inside her heart since she had promised she would be coming over at 8pm, and she honestly hoped Chanyeol won't drag their conversation too long.

Silence.

All that Sooyoung heard was similar to the soft hums of the sea shell they made when you held it close to your ears.

"Yeol?" She called out, her heart drumming against her chest, as she tried to in breaths to calm herself down. Then, finally, she heard a few noise from the other line, and it was no other than someone hiccuping and sobbing hysterically like a wild beast that she could hardly recognized.

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol, what the hell is going on?" She rose her voice a little, nibbling her lower lip by now.

"My s-sister..she had a sudden .., I'm in the hospital right now...and doctor says—" however Chanyeol was interrupted when Sooyoung heaved a heavy sigh. "Don't worry Yeol, I know what to do, so say no m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter