'Til They Take My Heart Away featuring Jimin

BTS Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one's POV

"One large caramel frappuccino for our beautiful lady!"

 

Jimin winked as he give the cup of frappuccino to a girl customer making her including the other girls inside the coffee shop swoon at his eye smile. He is one of the good looking barista here at BTS coffee shop known for his eye smile and great body ,not to mention the one who likes to flirt the most when there are pretty customers.

 

The girl took the frappuccino with shaky hands and bowed slightly to Jimin before leaving the shop. He sighed in satisfaction as he checks the clock, it's 2:52pm,meaning his shift will end up in 7 minutes. 

 

"Hyung, you wanna go with us? It's my girlfriend's birthday and there's going to be a small gathering."Jungkook, the youngest barista at the coffee shop said.

 

"I wish I could go to but I need to go somewhere, it's the 11th of February."he said, his shining eyes replaced by a sad one. The younger boy suddenly remembered and gave the older one a pat on his shoulder.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry hyung, anyways, I'll just tell noona that you can't go due to some personal reasons."

 

"Thanks Jungkook, don't forget to tell my greetings to your girlfriend."

 

"No worries hyung, take care."

 

He went to change to his casual clothes and said goodbye to his fellow baristas. Today is his parents and little brother’s 3rd death anniversary and like every year, he goes to their tomb and spends the rest of the day there. He offered flowers and paid respect to them. He would tell everything that happened, he would tell them that even how tough life is, he still manages to survive and earn for a living.

 

His parents died in a fatal car accident as they are on their way home from the ob-gyne’s clinic,Jimin’s mother was 7 months pregnant back then with his little brother Jaehee. He remember that he wants to come but he was sick and needed to stay in bed the whole day. He blamed himself for not coming with them,that if he did then he won’t be alone,that he would be with his family right now. His old friends left him in his downfall,his girlfriend left him when he knew he was broke, his relatives doesn’t want to keep him.But everything changes as he meet new friend who comforted him through hard times.

 

"Mom,Dad. I'm planning to audition and train to be an idol."he said. It was his dream and no one could take it away. His passion in singing and dancing made him meet new friends, and they all share the same dream of being famous in the entertainment industry, of stepping in one stage altogether. 

 

"If that day comes, I’ll earn money and I would be able to go to a university. I promise I'll make you proud."

 

Hours passed by so quickly that he didn't notice it's already dark. If it isn't cold then he probably wants to stay more but the chilly wind sends shivers all over his body. He can't get sick. That's what he thought. He still have loads of works to do so even though he works hard in his job and in training to pass the audition, he takes care of himself well.

 

"Mom,Dad and baby Jaehee, I’ll come back as soon as I can but I hope you forgive me if I can’t visit you like before. The audition day is coming very soon and I’ll focus on my practice even more.  I hope you’ll understand.”

 

He bid goodbye and turned around but was greeted by an unfamiliar presence that almost made his heart jump out of his chest. A mysterious girl is standing  in front of him,holding a bouquet of white roses. Their eyes met,his dark orbs looks straight into her deep hazel eyes but he was interrupted when the girl decided to walk and place the bouquet of roses beside his parents’ tomb.

 

“Mom, I’m here.”the girl said.. Her voice was deeper than the voices of those women who he frequently meet at the coffee shop.

 

He walked slowly just to hear what the girl will say, curiosity filled his mind.

 

“I’ve been getting treatments Mom and..”

 

The more steps he take,the lower he can hear the girl’s voice until he can faintly hear her.

 

He went home to the apartment where he’s staying at. He rang the doorbell and it crossed his mind that no one’s at home because they’re probably celebrating Hyemi’s birthday party so he took his keys and opened the door. The apartment is owned by Jin, including his five other friends and he let them stay here for free and his family owns the coffee shop his working at. He wasn’t jealous of Jin being rich since the oldest hyung always share what he have with his younger brothers and he felt thankful that he met someone like him.

 

 

He took a quick shower and changed into a clean set of pajamas. He knew the other boys will be coming home late and he’s really dead tired to wait for them so he laid on his bed and immediately drifted into sleep.

 

 

“Here’s your caramel macchiato sweetheart”he passed the caramel macchiato to the female customer then winked. She felt excited which made Jimin proud of himself for making girls swoon over his winks and flirty smiles.

 

Due to the girl’s excitement,she didn’t notice that a customer was waiting in line that she turned her back from Jimin with full force,causing her to bump and spill the coffee into the customer behind her.She fell from the impact of over excitement.

 

“Ouch!”the girl crouched in pain as she caress her painful hand. The one who spilled her coffee is panicking that she caught everyone’s attention,even the baristas on duty. Jimin,who is assigned at the cashier hurriedly went over to the girl in pain and surprised to meet the girl whom he saw last night.

 

“What is happening here?”Jin and Jungkook,who is also on duty this morning rushed over to them and help the girl stand up.

 

“Omo,I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to. Oh god. What to do?!”she panics and made the other girl irritated.

 

“Stop panicking. It won’t help.”she said with a shaky voice then the girl stopped.

 

Jin told the girl to leave and that they will handle it while Jimin assisted the teary eyed girl to the sink. He turned the faucet on and let the cold water run into her swollen hand.

 

“I’ll get the first aid kit.”Jungkook left the three of them. Jin kept on apologizing and she told him that it’s okay. Jimin carefully pat her hand,the cold water still flowing.

 

“Does it still hurt?”he asked as he gently press his fingers into her hand.

 

“Come.We will put some ointment so the pain will fade quickly.”

 

She followed Jimin while Jin and Jungkook went to clean the mess. He made her sit and put a cold compress at the back of her hand.

 

“It isn’t that serious. It’s a bit swollen but don’t worry,it will be okay. My mom used to do this when I was a kid.”he said.

 

She just stared at him and admire his smiling eyes. She saw him yesterday and she felt curious about him but decided to brush it off  her mind. It’s not like she will meet him again.

 

“Ouch.”she pulled and Jimin apologized. He took her hand once again and gently pressed the cold compress into the swollen part of her hand. She felt awkward but the other did it naturally,just like in dramas where the bad guy treats the girl’s wounds. She didn’t knew it can happen in real life but brushed it off her mind once again because there’s no use in dreaming about all of this fantasies when one day she will die.

 

Yana,she was diagnosed with a heart disease. She used to be active as a kid but stopped when she had frequent yet mild chest pain and breathing problems that’s why she stopped doing sports and decided to focus on her academic studies.She was the smartest in her class and she came from a rich family. But even though she had everything, she wasn’t the happiest kid that everyone knows.  Her father left her family just for another woman when she was 14 and her life was filled with hatred but there’s her mother and older brother who stayed and never let her side. She promised that she will always be with her mom and older brother and they will live happily but one day she found her mother lying on the floor. She screamed for help and called an ambulance. She found out that her mother, who died of a heart disease, doesn’t want to worry her daughter so she kept it a secret to everyone and took medications secretly.

 

When she was 18, she’s also diagnosed with a heart disease like the one her mother had. The whole time she felt weak, she felt mad at herself for being such a weakling. She became distant from everyone, she stopped going to school and hired a private tutor instead. Her brother took charge of the business that he inherited from his grandfather and did his best just to be like a parent to her younger sister

 

“What’s the point of getting treatments when I’ll die.”she always said everytime her older brother force her to get frequent treatments but she didn’t want to. She thinks that she’s fine with the prescribed medicines that her cardiologist gave her. She doesn’t want to bother people anymore and she doesn’t want to look pitiful. She still wanted to live, but yet she was afraid to fall in love. That’s why she kept her distance to some guys knowing that one day she will leave them and never come back.

 

“Just put this cream before you sleep and therefore, you’ll be okay.”he said but her mind wasn’t paying attention to him.

 

He waved his hand in front of her face and that’s when she snapped out of her thoughts.

 

“Ehh?”

 

Jimin chuckled as he scan her face. She looks cold and quite intimidating but her mysterious aura made Jimin interested at this girl.

 

“Here,I’ll give you this so you can use it before you go to bed and your hand would be less swollen.”he handed the cream and she hesitates before accepting it.

 

“Thanks. I should accept it since I think it’s your fault why the girl acted that way. “she said remembering how she saw him wink and that sent butterflies in her stomach. She knew it wasn’t for her but the emotions made her heart fluttered.

 

“I guess I should take responsibility Miss..?”

 

“Yana.”

 

She unknowingly reached for his hand and he gladly accepted it,giving his eye smile in return. They didn’t know how but they felt that there’s something similar between them, that they’re connected somehow as soon as their hands touched.

 

“I’m Jimin. Would you like to have a cup of coffee?”

 

“Hmmm. I don’t know ...”

 

“It’s my way of taking responsibility and you’re probably ordering something to drink that’s why you’re waiting in line before am I right?”

 

She nodded. She knew she shouldn’t be talking to him and had left the coffee shop already but she can’t. She still wants to stay here.

 

“Should I have a fruit smoothie? I don’t really drink coffee.”

 

“Sure. Just take a seat there first and I’ll get something for you to drink.”he pointed the empty seat for two at the corner of the coffee shop. She went to take a seat and waited for him.

 

As Yana waited,Jimin told Jin that he would be taking a short break  and that he would want to talk to Yana. Jin didn’t complain and felt happy inside that Jimin had shown this kind of interest to that girl. Jimin might be the ladies man but he didn’t date any girls,focusing only on their training and work.And the oldest believe that he somewhat need some inspiration and a little care from a girlfriend

 

After a few minutes,Jimin came back bringing two cups,one fruit smoothie for Yana and one chocolate frappuccino for him. He also brought plates of sweets and she thought that it might somehow make the bitterness in her life fade away,even a bit of it.

“I don’t know what kind of cake would you like so you can just pick between the two. I wouldn’t mind.“he said. She gladly took the oreo cheesecake and thanked him.

 

“So, I guess,your Mom’s tomb and my family’s tomb where just beside each other.”he said. Yana looked at her and nodded.

 

“Yup. It was her 5th death anniversary. How about your family?”she asked,hoping that he would spill the details longer because she wants to know more about him and that she doesn’t want to leave this place yet.

 

“It’s their 3rd anniversary yesterday and like every year, I visited them. By the way, I hope you won’t get offended but what happened to your mother?”he asked, sincerity was painted all over his face. She gave her a small but bitter smile.

“She died of a heart disease. The sad thing is she didn’t even tell us about it. My older brother and I were really frustrated that she didn’t tell us about it. ”she said.

 

He felt sorry for asking such question and he regretted it, but the lady seemed to read his expression and told him not to worry about it.

 

“You’re still lucky that you have your older brother and father. I lost my entire family in an accident and I was left with nothing.”

 

“I only have my brother. Dad left us for another woman. I don’t know where he is now.”she said,quietly calming herself down. Jimin felt apologetic once again.

 

“Forgive me for asking such questions.” That’s the only thing he said. Yana just smiled at him and looked outside but went to look again at his face.

 

“How about you? Tell me about yourself.”she said. It’s rare to see her initiate a conversation.

 

“Ahm, I was 16 when I lost my entire family,my Mom,Dad and my little brother Jaehee.”

She keeps on listening and found herself getting fond of him. Actually she envied him. He’s so strong despite everything that happened.

 

“That’s why I am thankful to my 6 friends who came to comfort me. One day, we will be an idol and inspire everyone with our music. We will do everything just to make our dreams come true. How about you? What’s your dream?”

 

Dream? All she wants is to stay strong.

 

“Live. I want to live longer.”

 

He looked at her,confused as why did she say that she wants to live longer.

 

“I have a heart disease like my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter