PROLOGUE

bE my StAr?

PROLOGUE

‘A star lost is a star gained’--;)

“...Alright, that’s it for today’s vocal lessons! I’ll see you all soon tomorrow for the next lesson.” the trainer said to us.

My friend walked over to me and handed me a bottle of water. “Yeogi (here).” she said, smiling at me. We sat together and collected our bags from the floor right next to the seats by the wall. “Ahh~ I’m so tired. Ya, a couple of us are going to go out for dinner later, you should come!”

“Ani, I have to practice. Neo meonjeoga (you go ahead).” I told her as I grabbed my duffle bag and headed towards the dance studio.

“Aigoo, practice again? I know you want to be an idol like the rest of us but can’t you just skip it? Han beon (just once), eoh?” she asked, linking her arm with mine.

“Mianhae, I really have to practice. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, annyeong (bye)!” I shrugged her arm off and walked away before she could say anything more. The dance studio was empty like they usually were at 9 pm and locked but I had asked the janitor to keep it unlocked an hour late so I could practice dancing.

I flipped on the switch and bright lights lit the room up. I dumped my duffle bag onto the floor by the wall and placed a CD into the music player. The song of Swan Lake filled the room and I started to dance to the song. Dancing relaxed me and I especially loved classical ballet and I didn’t care about the consequences of it.

The door opened and I stopped dancing. A man entered the dance studio and I recognized his face immediately. He was Lee Jun Ki. He had managed many famous idols for JTunes for a long time and I wondered what he was doing here.

“Annyeonghaseyo, sonnim (sir),” I said to him.

“You’re Kim Seon Na, am I right?” he asked, as he walked into the dance studio.

“Ye...”

“I’ve heard a lot about you from several trainers and they tell me you’re a talented student. I agree with them. You could be an idol if you set off to another agency.”

I looked at him, confused. Where was he going with all this? I didn’t understand a word of what he had said. “Ihaega andoeneun deyo (I don’t understand), am I being kicked out of the agency?”

“Aniyo, I’ve noticed that you’ve been working hard and improved a lot and I wanted to ask you, what made you want to be an idol?” Jun Ki asked.

I smiled wryly and stopped the music. “It’s been a dream of mine since I was a little girl ever since I saw a dancing performance in Seoul.” I told him.

Jun Ki sat down on one of the seats. “I understand that but from what I observed, you seem to be in a hurry to be an idol and I always ask myself ‘why is that so?’” he said. From the look on his face, I could tell he already knew the answer.

“You know, don’t you?”

His blank expression faded and a serious look appeared on his face. “Did you think we wouldn’t find out about your condition? We ran a check on every trainee. We were bound to find out sooner or later.”

“Geulaeseo (so)? I don’t care about my condition, I came here knowing what would happen if I continued doing what I love. Nae kkum-iya (it’s my dream) and I wouldn’t give it up for anything.” I said, looking at his dead-straight in the eyes.

Jun Ki stared into my eyes and stood up. Before he left the room, he turned around and said to me, “Meet me at my office, tomorrow at 10 am to sign the contract. Congratulations, you’re gonna debut soon, Seon Na. Welcome to JTunes Entertainment.”

As the door closed, it took a while before I could begin to even understand what was going on...and then it hit me. “I’m going to debut...I’m—” I let out a girlish squeal of excitement and jumped up and down out of excitement!! “YES!!!!!”

 By the time I went back to my apartment a few blocks away from the agency, it still felt so surreal! I was going to debut as an idol and Lee Jun Ki, a legend in the industry, recruited me?! I was so stoked. Tomorrow was going to be a new day! Tomorrow was the start of my dream coming true.

I smiled at the thought and glanced down at my wrist and noticed that my charm bvracelet was gone. I must have dropped it. "AIGOO~ darn it!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIS IS JUST A PROLOGUE, the start of the whole story.