The Best Thing To Have Ever Happened

Different Cultures Collide

Summer had been in Korea for four months, been dating Sun Woo secretly for four months, and was really getting the hang of the Korean language. 

It was extremely hard dating a KPOP idol. They rarely had time to spend together during the day due to his promotions and shows he had to be on, and they haven't been on a proper date since that amazing night. 

No matter, Summer wouldn't have it changed for the world. To make up for the lack of dates, they had plently of homemade dinners, some Korean and some American, and movie nights to make up for it. They had taken to having those moments at Summer's appartment due to the fact that they couldn't look at each other without getting cooed at by all the members of B1A4, or Hyosung, who had started dating Gongchan.

With only eight more months left in Korea on the deal she had made with Matt, she needed to decide what to do. If she was going back to America, which Sun Woo completely supported that decision, or if she was going to stay in Korea, which Sun Woo obviously supported more than the first.

Finally coming to the decision, she wanted to wait until the time was right to break the news to Sun Woo. 

Little did she know, that time would come a lot sooner than she thought. And she just hoped that Sun Woo would be as supportive as he had told her he would be.

~~~~

Baro had taken to talking to Summer in complete English, while she would reply in Korean. That way they could both strengthen their skills and they could speak in either language, just so it was fair.

At the four month mark of their dating, Baro had finally convinced his manager to let him come out with his relationship. 

He wanted to come out to the public with it a month ago, but his manager was stubborn and asked him to wait just a bit longer so he wouldn't have to deal with the press just yet. 

After finishing the recording of Weekly Idol that was to be aired in a week, Baro had a skip in his step as he called his beautiful girlfriend.

"Yobosaeyo?" Summer answered.

"Hello darling." 

"Sun Woo!"

"Get dressed, I have something we need to do."

"Um... Okay, what should I wear? Fancy?"

Baro chuckled. "No, just comfortable."

"Okay darling. I'll see you soon then?"

"See you soon." 

As Baro put away his phone he looked at the other members. "I will make this a night she will never forget." 

~~~~

"Sun Woo, tell me what we are doing! We can't be seen in public! So why are we at the park?!" Summer whispered urgently to the male in front of her.

Sun Woo had a big basket with him as he walked the park. Finally he stopped and nodded. Setting the basket down he pulled out a blanket big enough for two and set it on the ground.

"Shhhhhh." He smiled up at Summer while setting up what she could only assume was a picnic.

Glancing around nervously, Summer bit her lip. She could not be the reason he got in trouble, she would hate herself for it. It was pretty unfair for his manager to hold the secret relationship out farther, but what he said went, and he could end their relationship in less time it would take to blink.

"Sit." Once everything was set up Sun Woo patted the blanket next to him.

Summer sat down as far away as the blanket would allow her, but her stubborn boyfriend pulled her closer.

"Do you not like me anymore?" He pouted.

"I just don't want you to get in trouble..." Summer mumbled while trying to pry his hand off of her waist.

"We don't have to hide it any more."

Summer was stunned. Slowly turning to look him in the eye she blinked. "Wae?"

"We don't have to be secret anymore. Manager is allowing us to be officially public. So why not start our public relationship off with a big picnic, followed by a romantic stroll down the Han River?"

Summer smiled brightly. "I would love that."

"Good." Sun Woo smiled and kissed her quickly on the lips.

~~~~

"Sun Woo... Since you came out and told me your big news... I think I should tell you mine..."

Baro looked at Summer and noticed how nervous she looked. "Whats wrong darling...?" He grabber her hands, which had been wringing in her hand, and looked her in the eyes. 

"Well... I made a decision..."

Instantly Baro knew what she was talking about and his stomach told him he needed to throw up. Looking down at their hands, he fought the urge to throw a temper tantrum.

No, I just got her and can take her out like she deserves, don't tell me she is going back to America in eight months. I can't be apart from her like that. 

"Whatever it is, I support you. I hope you know that. And it won't affect our relationship. It will be difficult.. But we can make a long distance relationship work. I will fight every obsticale with my bare hands. I won't let it tear us apart." Baro went on a ramble before she could even speak. He needed her to know that he wouldn't let her go, even though it meant they wouldn't physically be together.

Summer looked confused. "What are you going on about...?"

"You're going back to America, right? I don't really want you too, but I can't keep you here and you be miserable..."

Baro looked up from their (shaking?) hands to see Summer with a big smile and her body was shaking with the efforts of trying not to laugh.

"Oh Sun Woo! You silly man! I'm choosing to stay here. I don't want to go back to America."

All previous feelings and thoughts Baro had went out the window and all he felt was complete happiness. 

"Oh thank heavens!" He pulled her into a tight hug. "I love you."

Summer stilled at his words and pulled away. "Say it again."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

As Summer finished the last word, Baro kissed her passionately and held her tight.

~~~~

"You're smiling brightly." Hyosung came up behind Summer and smiled. "What has you in such a good mood?"

"Despite the fact that it's my wedding day and I am marrying the most amazing guy out there?" Summer smiled and looked at Hyosung in the mirror she had been sitting at. 

"Thats debatable." Hyosung laughed as she flashed her engagement ring off. 

"Agree to disagree I guess." Summer laughed. "I was just remembering everything that led up to this point. The ups, the downs, more importantly the first day we met and the first day we said I love you to each other."

"Ahhh fond memories." Hyosung smiled at Summer and helped her put her veil on. 

"Very fond. He's the best thing to ever happen to me."

A knock came at the door and in came a beautiful American woman. She was probably old enough to be Summer's mother, but her laugh lines just added to her beauty.

"Summer?" 

"Yes...?"

"I'm your mother... I know... I know it has been five years since we last saw each other..."

Before the lady could continue, Summer was on her feet and running to her to hug her. "The invitaion found you!? I was so worried you wouldn't get it in time and i thought you wouldn't come and..."

"Now now darling. Don't cry. It's your wedding." Her mother pulled away from the hug and smiled at her. "I had to see my baby get married."