HELP ME!!

Different Cultures Collide

As soon as Summer got to her appartment, she called Hyosung.

"Hello Summer." Her voice was always sweet and caring when she talked to Summer. She was slowly becoming like a sister to the lost girl.

"Hyosung. I need help." 

"Ah ah ah. What did I say about speaking English?" Summer had heard that sentence in Korean enough to know exactly what it meant. 

Summer sighed and dug out the pocket dictionary she invested in before leaving the states. Repeating what she said in Korean she began to pace her living room floor.

When Hyosung asked her what she needed help with, Summer sighed and sat down on the couch. 

"I met a guy." 

And that was the only sentence she had to say for Hyosung to rush to her place and help her learn a few more things in Korean so she could try to converse with the gorgeous male she met earlier that day.

~~~~

"I'll see you later! Don't forget everything I taught you!" Hyosung danced out of the apartment after three hours of teaching Summer the basics of Korean. She was sure the poor girls brain was going to explode by the time they decided to call it quits. 

As she slowly walked down the stairs, she saw one of her favorite KPOP groups to be around. 

"Yah!" She ran up to them and hugged them all. "How are you guys?"

They all started talking at once, but what Gongchan said made her tune in. 

"Say that again Gongchan?"

"I said, Baro met a girl. A girl from America."

Hyosung's smile grew. "Is that so? What's her name?"

Baro got a dreamy smile on his face. "Summer." 

All the guys gagged at the change in Baro as Hyosung giggled. 

"Well then, treat her good and teach her well! I have to go! I'll see you all later!" 

As she hailed a cab, she couldn't help but be happy for Summer. Baro was one of the sweetest guys she knew. He would do everything in his power to help her learn what she needed to know.

~~~~

"I can't believe you told Hyosung! I don't even know this girl!" Baro chastised Gongchan.

"But you exchanged numbers and you were going to text her once we got to the dorm! That must mean you want to get to know her." Sandeul pointed out while rocking back and forth on the floor.

"He does have a point there Baro. Go and text her. See if she wants to come over for a movie. We can find one that has subtitles and we can all try to get to know her." Jinyoung decided to in as he walked to the kitchen to get snacks. "We haven't eaten either, maybe she hasn't and wants to join us?" 

Baro thought about it and decided the leader was on to something. "Don't tell her who we are though. I have a very strong feeling she knows nothing about KPOP."

All the others nodded as Baro pulled out his phone. 

Summer, come eat and watch movie? My friends want meet you.

Smiling at the text, Baro sent it and waited impatiently for her response.

When his phone beeped, he hurriedly opened the text. 

Of course! What apartment are you in?

Baro whispered the word "apartment" to himself as he tried to figure out what it meant. Aish.. How am I supposed to teach her my language when I don't know hers? He quickly looked up the word.

"Baro, you are stupid." He whispered to himself as he responded to her and waited for her response.

~~~~

Thank goodness I haven't changed yet! Summer thought as she ran around her bathroom trying to make herself more presentable.

Once she was satisfied, she ran to the door and put her shoes on. When her phone beeped and she looked at the apartment number she was going to, she opened her door, closed it as soon as she got out, and ran up the stairs to get to the top floor. He hadn't said which door to knock on, and she found out why. 

There was only one door.

There must be quite a few of them to get such a big apartment.

She took a moment to catch her breath before she knocked on the door.

When the door opened, it revealed a male with long hair and glasses. 

"Oh! Baro!" He yelled behind him. "Come in." 

Summer bowed and walked in. "gamsahabnida." 

The male smiled and nodded as Sun Woo came from no where and smiled at her. 

"Welcome!" Sun Woo threw his arms in the air .

"Well hello!" Summer threw her arms in the air as well and giggled. 

"I introduce you. We make dinner now."  He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the kitchen.

oh his hands are amazingly soft.

"This Jinyoung, Sandeul, CNU and Gongchan." 

Summer looked up and smiled at all of them. "Nice to meet you." Her Korean pronunciation was horrible. She needed to work on that.

"Nice to meet you!" And their English wasn't any better.

"So... Jinyoung, Sandeul, CNU, Gongchan." She repeated their names while making eye contact.

When they nodded she smiled. "Oh! Gongchan! I saw you earlier!" 

His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to decipher what she had said. 

Her smile faded and she hung her head.

This is going to be a long night....