The Wedding

Don't Tell Luhan

 

 

The wedding day arrives.

 

The frenzy caused by the importance of the moment has already led everyone to craziness, and still all the boys separate and follow their last duties while trying to prevent the two husbands-to-be to die for the stress.

 

At 8.55, Jongin is at his parents' place, face paler than it has ever been, surrounded by his mother, the younger of his older sisters, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and a very displeased Junmyeon who appears to be more nervous than Jongin is, who are all helping him getting ready. Hairstylist and make-up artist are waiting patiently in the dining room, although Jongin doesn't really seem ready to reach them. Ever.

 

At 9.00, a call.

 

"Kyungsoo?" Junmyeon picks up, and Jongin immediately steals the phone from his hands to almost yell at the older boy on the other line.

"How is Luhan?" he asks, hurried, and his already pale face gets even paler as he hears Kyungsoo's words "Flowers? What flowers?!"

 

One minute later, Jongin hangs up, horrified, and his five helpers face-palm hopelessly. 

 

"You forgot the flowers." his mother states, flat and surrendered, and Jongin buries his face in his palms.

"You are hopeless, Kim Jongin, God." Baekhyun follows and Junmyeon sighs while Chanyeol tries his best not to let his amusement show. 

"Someone do something." Jongin pleads, his face a mix of tiredness and desperation, "Please, please, please, pleas-"

 

"Okay, I'm going." Junmyeon sighs heavily at that point, making Jongin nod with a very stupid expression "You just.. relax and try to be ready on time." 

 

On his way to the flower shop, Junmyeon texts Kyungsoo: 'Call Kris-hyung to remind him of going to take the wedding rings. If we relay on Jongin, no one is going to get married today.'

 

He receives a 'I did already.' as the answer. 

 

Meanwhile, in Luhan's apartment, things are not going any better except that at least Luhan does not have things to remember, breathing apart. His right leg is not completely recovered but, luckily, its condition is good enough to let the boy enjoy his wedding at best, and surely Luhan's problems do not come from it.

 

"Come on, Luhan. Relax." Minseok says, sending Sehun a glare when he tries to tell Luhan about the flowers incident "Who invited you, by the way? You don't really appear to be the best candidate to calm someone down, you annoying mummy."

Sehun stops his giggles immediately, pouting to Luhan who only weakly smiles back. 

"Leave him alone. He helps in his own way." Yixing intervenes then, although not fully convinced by his own words.

"What way?" the oldest inquires, an eyebrow raised, and the four of them laugh a bit at that. Kyungsoo comes in a second later with a supportive smile, gifting Luhan with a lovingly gaze. 

 

"Hyung, you are stunning." he says, taking his hands as he observes his entire figure "Even with tousled hair and no make-up. You are always stunning."

Luhan smiles, a weak but thankful smile that contrasts too much with the paleness of his already fair face, and holds Kyungsoo's hands tight. "Thank you for being here, Kyungsoo. I know you probably wanted to be with Jongin more, you know, he is so anxious-"

"Says the boy who was about to vomit three times since he woke up." Yixing interrupts, knowing, and Luhan glares at him.

"Don't be silly, hyung. I'm here for you." Kyungsoo smiles anyway, making Luhan nod.

 

They let Luhan relax under the soft touches of hairstylist and make-up artist for the next 45 minutes, waiting patiently for Junmyeon to bring the flower Luhan has to wear for the ceremony. 

 

"How is Jongin anyway?" the groom asks at one point, voice full of worry, while the make-up artist declares she does not really have much to do on him, and Kyungsoo closes in his shoulders.

"Uhm, good. I mean, he is nervous like you but.. he is, you know, resolute."

 

Sehun laughs silently at Kyungsoo's weak attempt to reassure Luhan.

 

The point is that Jongin is not good nor resolute at all.

 

At 9.45 he is in the bathroom, bent over the WC with Chanyeol holding his forehead, his mother almost crying at the sight of his son like this, his father hopelessly waiting for him to seat acting like a man, the make-up artist and the hairstylist whining over the fact that vomiting could ruin their works and Baekhyun shaking his head from the door-frame.

 

"Why do people marry if that's how they feel?" he wonders aloud, and Chanyeol tries not to laugh while still helping Jongin, who doesn't vomit anyway and just breathes heavily. 

 

"What if Luhan-hyung is feeling this way, too?" Jongin says, lifting suddenly wide eyes to meet the light blue wall in front of him "I don't want him to feel like this."

 

"He wouldn't want you to feel this way either." Chanyeol points out smartly.

"Right, Jongin, can you stop?" Baekhyun helps "You're getting married, not sentenced to death." 

"Although lots of people would it is the same thing." the taller boy laughs stupidly then, and laughter dies in his throat as soon as he meets the severe look Baekhyun is sending him "Sorry."

 

At 10AM they all somehow finally manage to leave Jongin's parents' house and hurry to reach the courthouse. Luckily enough, Junmyeon has been really fast in taking the flowers to both Jongin and Luhan on time, so there are no delays scheduled. When Jongin and the others arrive, all the guests are already there, waiting patiently for the ceremony to start. 

 

Luhan, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Sehun and Minseok are the only ones missing and although Jongin knows he is supposed to wait for Luhan like a real man, still every minute of waiting is a torture, an ache in the stomach that makes him fear he could need to leave for the bathroom again. He doesn't though, as soon as he meets his father's scolding eyes fixed on his stiff figure. 

 

Jongin gulps, and waits. 

 

When Luhan can be considered completely ready to leave -stomach hurting like it has ever done in his whole life- the first thing he sees as soon as he gets out is Minseok's car parked outside his apartment, and his features stiffens. 

 

Kyungsoo sends him a weary look. "What's wrong?" 

 

Luhan only stares at the car while everyone is about to enter. "Seriously?" 

 

"Oh." his four friends say, in unison, and Sehun doesn't miss the chance to be a brat about the issue.

"It's just that, you know, the budget was really low."

"You've got to be kidding me." Luhan states, flat, while Kyungsoo sends Sehun a very threatening look from his position.

"Let's just go, we'll be late." he then says, massaging Luhan's shoulders while pushing him inside the car before he can say anything else "These are unimportant details, hyung."

 

Luhan nods, but the other four can clearly see his disappointment. Internally, they laugh. 

 

Obviously, the already anxious groom is given more reasons to feel like vomiting, because if every detail of the wedding had been labeled as 'unimportant' by a certain Kim Jongin, he can't be sure he'll be able to wait three years before making his husband disappear in a black hole and taking all of his non-existent money. 

 

As soon as they arrive to the courthouse though, Luhan's attitude changes 360° degrees.

 

Although there could not be anything particular Jongin could do to mess up with a place which is always the same for every ceremony, he has to admit the decorations inside the building, from the entrance up to the elegant stairs and-as for what he has seen by now-the beautiful flowers wrapped in turquoise ribbons outside the main room, are exactly like he has imagined them to be. His husband-to-be has done a fantastic job here, and he almost tears up when he notices Minseok was right, because the predominant color of decorations is exactly the same as his friends' ties, just like he had wished it to be. 

 

Now he is facing two close, big doors, the doors which are separating him from his future, heart racing at the speed of light. His friends are standing supportively besides him and Luhan can't help wondering how Jongin may have felt until then, waiting for him to be ready, because only now he is feeling like dying.

He is given no time to pale even more that Yixing is already pushing him inside after Minseok and Kyungsoo have pushed the two big doors of the room open.

 

Jongin is colder than an iceberg meanwhile, his beautiful face stiff and hesitant, heart hammering painfully. For the entire time he waits for Luhan to enter those doors, he gets to imagine all the worst things. For instance, Luhan deciding they are doing something incredibly stupid and leaving him behind; Luhan getting angry at him because the color and the flowers he has chosen are not what he expected them to be. 

Anything, and he feels like crying.

 

When those doors finally open and the buzz coming from the guests all around him stops instantly, Jongin heart stops as well.  

 

The first thing he sees is a very beautiful flower matching with the one on his tuxedo's perfectly, and from there he lets his eyes wander, up to a magnificent dress wrapping shoulders he knows so well, and then a neck he has lost himself into too many times to be counted, and then a porcelain face he has fallen deeply for since the first time.

 

He locks eyes with his complementary ones, and both him and Luhan smile the most touching smile of their lives as they acknowledge each other.

 

The room bursts into applauses and happy cheers as Luhan walks in, greeting everyone with a soft smile Jongin makes sure to keep in his mind forever. As soon Luhan he arrives in front of Jongin, they share an intense gaze, the latter reaching out a hand for him to take, and together they walk towards the spot where the judge is waiting for them. The simple touch of their hands is enough to let everything outside them disappear, and now that Luhan is concretely there, in front of him, more beautiful than ever and eyes teary but smile happy, Jongin finally feels like everything is not a dream anymore. 

 

"You are stunning." 

 

Luhan smiles, running away from his eyes, but tightens the hold on Jongin's hand. 

 

The judge declares it's time to start. 

 

From his position few meters away, Kyungsoo sends a deadly glare to Junmyeon besides him, who bursts into tears even before the actual ceremony starts and hides his-in Kyungsoo's opinion-very ugly face in his palms. Everyone rolls their eyes, while Chanyeol secretly gives Sehun 10.000 won because damn, he couldn't imagine Junmyeon would cry even before Jongin's mother. 

 

Luhan and Jongin look attentively at the judge as she proceeds with the ceremony, oblivious to all the buzz behind them, when Minseok gently threatens everyone to death if they don't turn into rock instantly. 

 

Soon it's the two grooms time to recite their speech. 

 

Luhan takes a deep breath, declaring he would like to start and Jongin sends him a quick, surprised look. While the judge slightly frowns at the absence of any paper in Luhan's hands, Luhan smiles gently.

 

"You've done so much in the last month, so let me start first."

 

Jongin only nods, letting Luhan take his ring up and observing his lover's serious eyes as they study the beautiful, meaningful object. 

 

"Kim Jongin," Luhan starts then, his voice suddenly shaking "When I first met you, five years ago, I immediately knew you would mean a lot to me. It was the way your eyes shone, I think, that made me understand. Your eyes met mine and.. I felt like my heart stopped beating for long. Then you smiled your beautiful, shyest smile and right then I though.. I thought my heart simply wouldn't have started beating ever again. You were breathtakingly beautiful, Jongin, shy and gentle, and I just knew I wanted you to smile at me forever. 

Seeing where we are now.. I can't believe it. Being here, with you, my husband-to-be.. feels like a dream even now. What I felt five years ago was like.. the most beautiful dream I ever dreamt, and I can't believe that dream is coming true. 

You, smiling at me until we won't have anything left to see in this world." 

 

Jongin tries, and tries really hard, not to cry. But not even the memory of his father's severe glare stops tears of happiness falling down from his eyes. 

 

"For all this, Kim Jongin, I want to marry you, live with you, love you." 

 

It's just a moment when Luhan's voice leaves his throat, but it's enough to leave the entire room shivering.

 

"Forever."

 

The wedding ring slides perfectly around Jongin's finger, and the boy smiles with eyes shut closed as Luhan finishes his speech among everyone's applause. 

 

Jongin then opens his eyes to meet Luhan's gentle ones, teary just as his own, and breathes. He takes Luhan's hand.

 

"Luhan-ge," he pauses, smiling shyly at the way Luhan's eyes have instantly widened at his appellative. He tries to collect his thoughts because he cares so much about this, his promise to the man of his life, in Chinese just as he has promised himself he would have done. He knows Kyungsoo had been caring enough to print a copy of his speech's translation for each guest, but he couldn't care less right now. All that counts is in front of his eyes, shivering in his touch.

 

Carefully studying his words and his tone not to mess up, Jongin still manages to smile. 

 

"Many people wouldn't believe it, if I told them I have waited for this moment to happen since the first second my eyes lingered on you. You were the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. I wanted you to be besides me, even if only to see your bright smile and let it lighten up my days. I wanted to be with you, and you let me.. You let me hear your voice, look at your eyes, laugh at your laughs, hear your worries, share your sorrow, love your everything. You let me love you, and no words can express how grateful I am for this.

Because every day of my life I fall in love with you more, Luhan-ge, and even if I think I can't love you more than I do already.. you manage to make me, and I can't stop, I don't want to stop. I want to fall in love with you everyday of my life, to protect you until the very end.

I love you."

 

The cheers for Jongin's speech are loud, tears are plenty, but there's nothing Luhan can feel, hear or see at the moment. As soon as Jongin smiley puts his wedding ring on his finger, his shocked expression turns into a touched smile, tears falling down his cheeks that Jongin hurries to weep away. 

 

Right then the judge smiles gently and minutes later, they are officially married.

 

"You can kiss, if you want." the judge announces, and both Luhan and Jongin smile between wet eyes at her words. 

Looking deeply into one another, the two boys share a chaste, little kiss, surrounded by cheers and the loud congratulations of friends and Jongin's family. 

 

But then again, nothing matters. That little kiss contains their entire word, and there is no place for anybody else. 

 

Minutes later, as every paper have been carefully signed, everyone hurries to leave the courthouse, surrounding Jongin and Luhan to greet and congratulate them.

 

Jongin's father greets his son with two supportive pats on his back and then gifts Luhan with a polite smile while rolling his eyes at his wife sobbing uglily in Jongin's arms. The boy's sisters and families hugs Luhan gently, telling him nice words of welcome to their big family, making Luhan bright as the sun. Kris shakes his head at Tao still crying on his shoulder, same with Kyungsoo who has dealt with a sobbing Junmyeon since the very first second of the ceremony, before leaving the boy's side to catch up with Luhan and hugging him tightly with Minseok. Chanyeol and Baekhyun greet Luhan and Jongin only after having mocked Sehun who, apparently, has cried as well. Jongdae takes care of Junmyeon now that Kyungsoo has gone, while Yixing is smiling happily and angelically while jumping all around Luhan, complimenting Jongin for how amazingly well he has done with his Chinese speech. 

 

"That was beautiful, Jongin." Luhan says then, on the topic, while the two of them are leaving the building arm in arm. Big smiles lie on their faces. 

Jongin chuckles. "Are you satisfied, honey?"

"Of course I am." Luhan says, adoringly "Even if you haven't rent a nice car to pick me up."

 

Jongin knows the mock in Luhan's voice well, but decides to play along. "Didn't you want an Italian Vespa?"

"Well, thank you for throwing your inefficiency in my face, Kim Jong-"

 

Before Luhan can finish his scolding, Jongin tugs his arm, gently inviting him to shut up and look at something outside in the street. 

 

Luhan's mouth shapes an 'O' as soon as he follows his instruction and Jongin smiles, satisfied. A really beautiful and classy Italian Vespa is parked right there, its color themed with every other detail of the wedding, just as Luhan would have wanted.

 

"It would have been ugly to put you on that and have you driving here alone, wouldn't it? You silly."

Luhan blushes, ignoring the chuckling from his friends all around, and cuddles on Jongin's arm like a little kitty. "You're a treasure."

"Yeah, right. And you're material." Jongin mocks with a loving smile and Luhan smirks, kissing Jongin deeply among everyone's laughs 

around right after. The kiss is is sudden, so intense that it sends shivers all through Jongin's body, leading him to pout a little as soon as they separate.

 

"Don't kiss me like that. We've got to be chaste for the entire day!"

Luhan smirks at that, that smirk Jongin knows so well, and it makes him groan in frustration.

 

Minutes later there's only Sehun yelling to everyone that he has not cried at all after stupid Jongin's stupid speech, while the newest married couple leaves for the ceremony location on their beautiful, turquoise Vespa.

 

-

 

Jongin is glad no one else is around yet, when Luhan and him arrive to the ceremony location. The choice had eventually fallen on a very beautiful and traditionalistic Chinese restaurant not much far away from the courthouse, a nice place, not too expensive but not inappropriate fro the matter either. 

He is sure Luhan enjoys the place because he kisses him as soon as they arrive, whispering an excited "A Chinese restaurant? Oh God Jongin this was so nice of you. Although I wanted the place to have a fountain, but never mind." and Jongin curses at every stupid fountain in the world because damn it, he is sure Luhan has mentioned the matter while he was watching 'Running Man'. 

 

Back to the point, the location is definitely not the thing making Luhan glare at him in that very rare way that makes Jongin want to cry.

 

It's their photographer. 

 

"My god your dress is so beautiful I could cry, Luhan-sshi, please let me take a photo." exclaims Lee Taemin, the rather young photographer Jongin has hired for their wedding, in such an excited and high-pitched voice Luhan shivers in uneasiness. The boy is really gorgeous, probably too much, because Luhan finds him a bit creepy with straight hair falling on little shoulders and a very girly face. 

 

Luhan still smiles, posing for the boy as he has requested, before turning to glare at Jongin at the speed of light.

 

"Don't-Don't kill me," Jongin backs up, gulping, hands showing his surrender "He is a famous photographer and I know he is not old like you wanted, but he is a supporter of gay rights, so-"

"Oh, I'm so shocked."

Jongin sighs, sending the over-excited photographer a critical look. "I guarantee you he is a very talented photographer."

"You should sincerely hope so." Luhan states, shaking his head before sliding an arm around Jongin's one and calming himself down to pose for Taemin, who is now calling them over to take some pictures. They wait for all the other guests to arrive like that, and at one point Jongin doesn't know if he should feel offended by the fact that this Taemin guy has asked him to back up and let him take several photos of Luhan alone for practically the major part of the time.

 

He doesn't even remember where he had found this photographer anymore, then he remembers it was Sehun who suggested him and everything becomes clear.

 

"Taemin-sshi, shouldn't Jongin be part of these photos as well?"

Taemin waves Luhan's very understandable question off with a hand before hurrying to take other photos of him in his most natural pose, making the groom groan silently. "There's plenty of time to take photos of you two together, Luhan-sshi, but the light hitting you like this is definitely not going to last. I have to immortalize the moment."

 

Jongin stares with an 'O' shaped mouth, ignoring the fact that all the guests are now on their way to reach them in the restaurant's courtyard, and then shivering at the sight of Luhan's eyes fixing accusingly on him. 

 

"Told you it was a better idea to take me with you at the appointment with the photographer instead of Junmyeon." comes a very well-knows voice from behind just then, and Jongin groans silently in response.

 

" you, Do Kyungsoo." 

 

-

 

Everyone manages to deal with the whimsical genius that Lee Taemin is as the ceremony goes on. 

 

The young photographer has finally started taking photos of Jongin and Luhan together as he is supposed to, alone or with friends and family, and also of others he considers worth photographing such as Tao slipping horribly on the floor and reversing a glass of champagne on his expensive, brand new Gucci suit. 

 

Jongin considers believing the boy was seriously mesmerized by Luhan's beauty under that particular light at this point, because he doesn't seem to be that unprofessional now after all. 

 

Luhan has also stopped being so over-critical towards Taemin, and Jongin is glad his husband has also decided not to point out that the centerpieces on each table were supposed to contain blue rose petals instead of white ones- Jongin is not even sure blue roses does exist- because the glass balls pending from a spot of the dining room, containing piece of papers on which each guest is supposed to write his wish for Jongin and him, has amazed him on a very deep level.

 

"This is beautiful." Luhan says with bright, wide eyes, wondering how such a great idea did not come to him as well, and Jongin wraps an arm around his wrist to pull him closer and place a little kiss on his cheek. 

Predictably, Luhan chuckles before destroying the atmosphere with a teasing gaze. "Tell the truth, Kim Jongin, whose idea was this?"

Jongin snorts, immediately removing his arm from his smirking lover's body. "Who tells you it wasn't mine?" he pouty asks then. 

 

The knowingly look on Luhan's face makes Jongin snort again. "Yixing." 

 

"Oh god," Luhan dreamily says then "I love my ty best friend so much." and then leaves Jongin's side to throw himself on an unprepared Yixing gracelessly in a ridiculous attempt to imitate a hug, making them both almost fall down on the ground.

"Ya, Lu Han, don't crease your goddamned 2million won tuxedo!" screams Jongin, and when he calls Luhan by the Chinese pronunciation of his name everyone knows he is trying to sound serious, yet the entire scene only makes the room burst out laughing loud. 

 

Jongin definitively renounces to the idea of living, for once, a normal day. Even during his wedding.

 

-

 

Three hours after the official beginning of the ceremony, everyone hurries to leave for the courtyard to take a walk and some photos under Taemin's command, and the photographer's artistic side under the bright sun of this perfect day is once again brought back, much to Luhan's desperation. 

 

Everyone enjoys the perfect weather, though, and the atmosphere is quiet and lovely until Luhan horrifiedly screams at Chanyeol and Minseok pulling out a soccer ball out of no where and starting playing around like 5 years old kids. Then his father-in-law opens up into a wide grin at the sight and throws himself in the game, bringing Luhan to shut up his scoldings in a matter of seconds. Jongin laughs at him, reassuring he should not worry because it will be his mother to protest now, as the woman is already shaking her head helplessly before yelling at his husband that he is going to ruin his dress and hairstyle if he keeps on going. 

 

"Thank God you don't like soccer." Luhan sighs at that point, sending Jongin, who grins, a little look.

"You do."

Luhan makes a very horrified face. "Not with this dress on." 

 

Jongin gives touché, then smiley asks his lover to take his hand and leave the noisy crowd of guests behind to go around for a nice walk. 

 

When everyone goes back inside, Luhan and Jongin decide to give a look at some of the wishes they have received, informing they will try to guess who is behind each of them. 

 

"Shouldn't this be anonymous?" Sehun immediately pales, not really willing to let his wish be read out loud, and Jongin sends him a playful  and knowing glare from his position.

"Why, something you regret?"

Sehun rolls his eyes, receiving a supporting pat on his back from a grinning Chanyeol. 

 

Luhan ignores them, then smiley reads the first wish aloud. "May happiness always accompany you guys in every day of your lives. I love you so much. Congratulations."

"This is so cliché." Baekhyun comments, flipping his tongue and sending a look at someone not far away from him.

"Right, Junmyeon?" Luhan finishes, making Junmyeon blush severely and punch a smirking Baekhyun on the arm.

"How did you guys understand!"

Kyungsoo shrugs. "You are that predictable, hyung." 

 

"Alright," Luhan smiles, taking another paper right after and handing it to Jongin, who reads "Good luck dealing with Luhan-hyung every day of your life, Jongin. Still, I am happy for you two! Congratulations on your wedding."

Jongin suppresses a laugh, just because Luhan's eyes have gotten dangerously thin at the reading, and then his husband quickly turns around to look at that particular giggling face among all the others.

"You spelled Congratulations wrong, Zhang Yixing!" 

The culprit bursts out laughing just then, like everybody else, and Luhan pouts cutely in Jongin's face while ignoring his best friend's heart-shaped hands.

"Don't worry, Luhan-hyung. Just wait until we get Kyungsoo's one and you'll get your revenge."  

Kyungsoo snorts from his position, "I am not that predictable."

 

But in fact, he has written exactly what Jongin has just accused him to have. 

 

Few others wishes later the couple decides to stop and save all the others for their private time, so to let the party continue. Jongin sets his annoyed eyes on a very lucky Sehun who gigglingly walks towards the dance floor now that he has just escaped a serious public humiliation because after all, his wish contained the words 'Luhan-hyung', 'divorce from stupid Jongin' all together, and Jongin could slightly imagine it. 

 

A hour later the beginning of the dance time, during which Jongin tries really hard to have fun but finds it hard despite Luhan's delicious self moving right in front of his eyes because his parents-of course-have shamelessly decided to get gown with some old groove dance moves to embarrass him on the most important day of his life, the entire scene of the rather old couple dancing their hearts out makes Jongin both lose his faith for dance and want to throw his head on a wall.

 

Everyone finds them so cute, so adorable, so everything Jongin doesn't find them and after a hour of that torture -Luhan literally laughs his off when Chanyeol suggests to play 'We go together' from Grease just for the two and Jongin's father even throws his jacket on the floor -, his rather embarrassed sisters also come asking him to put an end to it before either one of the two could faint on the floor. 

 

Jongin gladly accepts, much to everyone else's disappointment, declaring it's time to watch the video the other boys and him have filmed for Luhan.

 

"Video?" Luhan asks then, eyes slightly wider "What video?"

The arm Yixing wraps around his shoulders as Minseok and him bring Luhan to sit on a chair in front of the television on the wall makes Luhan's stomach writhe in worry and, who knows, maybe also anticipation.

 

Jongin sets himself behind him, posing two soft hands on his shoulders, and invites him to pay close attention. 

 

"This is.. my little present for you, hyung, made with everyone's help." 

 

Luhan gazes at the screen with big eyes, suddenly feeling a little bit excited about what it all could be about. 

 

As soon as the first scene appears, though, everyone bursts out laughing so hard while Luhan almost falls from his chair at the sight of Baekhyun wearing a very poorly made mask with his face printed on it.

 

"What the hell." he manages to say between his laughter, and Jongin verses in no better conditions since he never saw the proper, edited video, and it looks amazing already, with Baekhyun trying his best to look like a little, innocent and dumbfounded Luhan while staying besides a very not amused Sehun.

"Oh my God, Sehun-ah, did they manage to drag you into.. this?"

"Don't ask." Sehun groans from his position and Luhan starts clapping his hands uncontrollably. 

 

The entire video is so enjoyable, funny and romantic at the same time that Luhan is no sure he will be able to contain tears falling down his cheeks. He holds Jongin hand tight, watching every second of the video with stomach almost hurting for the laughs.

 

He loves Baekhyun's diva-ish version of himself; Jongdae and Chanyeol fighting over his role for the second sketch; Kyungsoo horrifiedly acting for his first kiss with Jongin; Junmyeon's poor performance that makes everyone roll down on the floor; Sehun's horrible interpretation while trying to fake interest for Jongin with his mask on; Minseok, Tao and Kris playing him and Jongin's parents-who really appreciate the scene eventually- nearly perfectly; Tao's girly screams while playing his horrified self on the Ferris wheel - then the note 'At least we had once we got home' appears on the screen and Jongin spends two entire minutes trying to chase and kill a running Chanyeol while his parents burst out crying -; the tall, troublesome boy playing a very cute version of himself for the eight sketch; Kris' awkward acting as an angry Luhan rejecting Jongin's apologies and, lastly, his best friend Yixing playing him for Jongin's wonderful and unforgettable wedding proposal. 

 

"This was the most beautiful thing ever!" he states in the end, getting up from his chair and throwing himself in Jongin's arm immediately. He buries his face in his lover's chest, holding him tight and smiling like a child when all their precious friends -Sehun included- hurry to reach them to share a very beautiful group hug.

 

"I knew my idea was going to be explosive!" says Baekhyun with a very proud grin as soon as they all separate, and Luhan smiles at him brightly while Kyungsoo punches his arm.

"Do you always have to point out everything?"

 

Baekhyun is given no time to answer back that Yixing has suddenly taken the DJ's mic to ask everyone to pay attention for a moment.

Jongin frowns, suddenly panicking because he is absolutely sure no one ever planned this moment, at least he hasn't, but then his friends all go silent and let Yixing speak in his adorable Korean so both him and Luhan pay attention, curious, after having shared a little look. 

 

"Jongin, Luhan-hyung, this is your most special day and we are really happy to be here, celebr-celebra-celebrating it with you."

 

Luhan smiles an adoring smile.

 

"We all love you so much and.. we wanted to do something to surprise you, although it is not really something we are are responsible for. What you are going to see has only been possible thanks to Jongin."

Yixing then passes the mic to Kyungsoo, who looks for Jongin's lost eyes with a proud expression.

"We are sorry we kept this secret from you, Jongin, but you have worked so hard to make this day perfect that we wanted to.. surprise you a little as well." 

 

Kyungsoo smiles and a video starts running on the screen, making both Luhan and Jongin's quickly pale. 

 

The two faces of TVXQ's Yunho and Changmin appear, smiling politely at the camera before introducing themselves. 

 

'Kim Jongin-sshi, to properly start, congratulations for your wedding.' Jung Yunho begins with a gentle smile on 'We luckily received the video-message you sent us few days ago and managed to answer back on time for your special day. Although we couldn't come as you wished us to because of foreign promotions, Changmin and I absolutely wanted to still do something to greet Luhan-sshi and you for this very special day.'

 

Luhan's body has completely turned into stone and Jongin is a minute away from crying at what he is watching when Shim Changmin starts speaking as well.

 

"Luhan-sshi, Jongin-sshi has been really sweet in sending us his request video. His message was touching, and we think you are both very lucky men. We wish you happiness for the rest of your new life together and, as TVXQ, we would like to sing this song for you."

 

"Oh my God." Luhan breathes, bringing his hands to his mouth. 

 

His biggest idol are in front of his eyes, not physically but damn it who cares, singing 'You are my melody', a cappella, for Jongin and him. For their wedding.

 

Jongin did it.

 

There are no words Luhan can think of or say aloud to express his feelings at the moment, so everything he manages to do is looking for Jongin's hands and easily finding them like his own exactly know where to go, with no need to see. Jongin holds back, and together they enjoy that little performance which has brought them both to share tears of joy and gratefulness. 

For Jongin's braveness, their friends' consideration, everyone's support. 

 

"I love you so much, Jongin." Luhan says in a whisper as soon as the video ends, hugging his husband so tight he may actually stop his breathing.

"I'm shocked as you are, baby." Jongin aswers back, soft, and Luhan shakes his head.

"How did you do it? How.. just how?"

Jongin shakes his head as well, a shy smile adoring his face as he himself can't really register the situation "I just.. I just talked about you."

 

Luhan smiles, smiles so thankful and bright that Jongin has to fight each of his instincts not to just take him and kiss him senselessly. Instead, he opts for leaning a soft caress on Luhan's wet check before leading both of the them to face the true responsible of the beautiful surprise.

 

Their ten friends are watching them with happy smiles and satisfied expressions, someone more than someone else, but the magic of the moment is what really matters.

 

"You guys are.." Jongin trails off, finding no words to express his gratefulness. 

"You are the best." Luhan says for him, and then he screams because he is not really sure his brain has registered the fact that TVXQ, the reason he moved to Korea in the first place, has filmed a greeting message for his wedding with the love of his life. 

 

The room suddenly laughs and screams with Luhan, sharing his joy. Celebration continues.

 

"And no one wanted to believe me when I said I had some acquaintances in SM Entertainment." Kris' voice comes after a while, childishly upset, and it's so out of place a very annoyed Kyungsoo has to smack him on an arm.

 

"Shut up, hyung."

 

-

 

"Wow, this is huge."

 

Luhan has his signature clueless expression on as he blinks in shock at the sight of Jongin and his' wedding cake. 

 

It is huge indeed, a white four-floor cake with simple decorations in dark chocolate and turquoise sugar flowers adorning each floor very gracefully. It is a simple cake, but very classy, and Luhan smiles a little at the two shaped figures in sugar on the top of it, two dolls wearing tuxedos.

 

"That's us?" he laughs softly, holding Jongin's hand while Taemin steals photos continuously "Why am I shorter than you."

"'Cause you are?"

"Well, was this so much of an important detail?"

 

Jongin doesn't answer and just shakes his head, ignoring his urge to punch his husband's arm for the 5th time already that day. He sighs, sending a quick look to Luhan's close face and frowning as he notices the inquisitive expression on it. 

 

"What?"

 

"It's coming, it's coming." Sehun loudly whispers from his position a few meters away, and Kyungsoo just slightly slaps his arm, while Jongin suddenly feels like panicking. 

 

Luhan lingers just a few seconds more before rising an eyebrow. "How much did you actually spend for this cake?"

 

Jongin tries his best to ignore the very inappropriate way his friends burst out laughing.

 

"Oh, Jongin, you couldn't possibly expect this not to happen, could you?" his mother says drastically then, a very knowing expression on her face as to remind his son she has always been firmly against his expensive choice for something like the wedding cake.

Jongin groans in response, ignoring them all, and sending Luhan a very displeased look that does not match well with the childish pout on his face. 

 

"Can you please just enjoy?"

 

Luhan's eyes get tiny and inquisitive once again, his expression so animated and cute despite everything that Jongin falls in love just a little bit more.

 

He smiles then, defeated, and in a second Luhan is smiling as well. They laughs softly and stupidly together, and Jongin's mother shakes her head at the lack of importance she has been given for her comment. 

 

Luhan enjoys the delicious cake and hugs Jongin tight when he notices Jongin has managed to be true to his wish to present their wedding favors as charity means, so to make the cliché and tremendous expenditure less burdening and also good for something big. 

 

Few moments later the two of them heads towards their group of friends with two big smiles on, and Jongin just loses his own at the sight of Tao eating his fifth slice of cake in a very ugly way.

 

"Meh." he sighs, shaking his head and then leaning closer to Luhan as his beautiful husband gifts everyone with a bright smile.

"Jongin and I have an announcement."

"The last time you said this, it was to tell us you were going to get married." Kris states flatly while trying to escape by a hungry -yes, hungry- Chanyeol trying to bite his shoulder. 

Luhan sighs as well now. "It's not obviously going to happen again."

"Are you pregnant?" Baekhyun asks smartly then, and Luhan face-palms while Tao uglily spills out pieces of cake on Sehun's face.

"What the hell, Hwang Zitao!"

 

Jongin thinks he is back to kindergarten. 

 

He raises an eyebrow at the sudden chaos, crossing an arm. "Can we speak?"

Everyone turns quiet luckily, and Luhan sends Jongin an expectant look to invite him to give the big news. 

 

"Since you guys surprised us with the TVXQ's video, we thought of giving you the money I put aside for Luhan's wedding gift. This is the best thing we can do to thank you for all the things you have done for us. You could go to a vacation all together."

 

Jongin smiles gently, strangely, and Luhan nods the entire time he speaks but the silence and the poker faces they meet at the announcement makes them both frown.

 

"Why you guys react like this every time we have big announcements?" Luhan says, annoyed "Like when we told you about us?"

"That was pretty obvious." Sehun has to admit, and Luhan frowns even more.

"What about now?"

 

Guilty looks and little laughs hold back from Chanyeol and Jongdae make Jongin roll his eyes and point his finger to the obvious mind behind everyone's strange behavior, because even Yixing is sending worried looks to Baekhyun now, while Minseok and Kyungsoo have already slapped their foreheads hard. 

 

"Hyung?" Jongin demands, and Baekhyung just shrugs as nonchalantly as he can.

 

"We.. hum, already booked a vacation in Italy.. so.. Thank you?"

 

Luhan face-palms. 

 

Jongin gives up.

 

-

 

At the end of the day, though, Jongin decides everything has been perfect the way it was.

 

He feels like the happiest man alive, and he knows it would have not been the same without anxiety, without his father's burning eyes, without his absurd friends, without Taemin, without Baekhyun stealing his money, without Luhan's sassiness all day long. 

 

He smiles, tired but bursting with happiness, at Luhan cuddling sweetly in his arms as they are finally lying down on the bed where they are going to sleep for the rest of their lives, luggage and clothes all around the room making them anticipating their Holiday.

 

Jongin notices with quite a shock that his husband manages to look even more beautiful than usual now, and sleepy but with eyes shining brighter than the sun, after their first night of love as the married couple they are. He doesn't even know why it should feel different, after years and years of being together, but it does.

 

It probably is because of the way Luhan is looking at him. 

 

"I love you."

 

Luhan kisses him, slow and soft, bringing his  body even closer. 

 

"Forgive me, Jongin."

Jongin captures his lips one last time before demanding an explanation with narrowed eyebrows.

 

Luhan traces the line of his face sweetly. 

 

"This was supposed to be the most important day of our lives, so I wanted everything to be perfect and I ended up being whining and boring. The truth is that.." he trails off, and Jongin pulls him in a tight hug before he can continue "The truth is that I only wanted to marry you. The only thing needed for this day to be perfect, was you. By my side."

 

Jongin smiles, loving, his lover's hair to send away those tormenting thoughts from his mind. He thinks of something sassy to comment, to brighten the atmosphere up, but in the end he decides he only wants Luhan to meet his body and pull him into a new, passionate kiss.

 

Luhan smiles in it, wrapping his arms around Jongin's neck with joy radiating from his eyes.

 

They cuddle, they hug and kiss until they fall into passion once again, consuming their love like it's the first time once again.

 

"Everything was perfect." Luhan breathes "You are perfect."

 

And Jongin only smiles, making love to his beautiful husband magnificently.

 

 

It has all been a challenge, until there, but the real challenge only starts now. 

With Luhan by his side, Jongin is not scared to live.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

I don't even know what to say, because I loved writing this fic and I seriously hope you all will enjoy it <3