Preparations

Don't Tell Luhan

 

 

 

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!"

 

Jongin, Junmyeon, Minseok and Kyungsoo have knowingly covered their ears with their palms but the clueless doctor Lee has not, and may be suffering a momentary loss of his hearing ability by now.

 

Luhan's anger radiates from every pound of his flesh, to the point that not even his apparently broken right leg seems able to knock him down.

 

"Honey," Jongin hesitates, words dying in his throat as Luhan's dark eyes meet his own "Never mind."

 

"Doctor Lee, this is absolutely unacceptable." the brunette exclaims then, pointing an accusing finger to his broken leg "I am going to get married in a month. A MONTH. I can't lie in this bed for three weeks!"

The doctor ponders for a moment, smiling a pitiful smile and Luhan tries to ignore the judging frown on his forehead as his eyes wander between Jongin and him. 

"I am sorry, Luhan-sshi, but the coincidence is unluc-"

"I wouldn't say that, if I were you, doctor." Minseok advices carefully and the man clear his throat when he meets Luhan's burning eyes. 

"I am sorry," he concludes "A quick recover will only be possible if you rest properly. Here. For three weeks." 

 

With a last glance he leaves the room as quickly as he can, fearing Luhan could throw something on his head if he doesn't.

 

"Oh God." Luhan cries out loud then and Kyungsoo hurries to fan him with a magazine, while Jongin takes his hands and holds them tight in his own.

"Honey, hey. Calm down."

"Calm down? Jongin, how can I calm down?" Luhan says in a mix of furious and desperate, eyes starting to get wet "This didn't have to happen, we can't postpone the marriage. You know how long we had to wait for the courthouse to accept our request." 

 

Jongin nods as Luhan starts crying, pulling his boyfriend in a sweet hug and his hair gently in a weak attempt to calm him down. The other three guys exchange worried looks, sighing in quiet resignation at the really unlucky coincidence. 

 

They get close to the two figures on the bed and they all hug, trying to express full support for the couple.

 

"How are we going to manage this?"

Jongin kisses Luhan's forehead, pleading him to stop crying. "It breaks my heart to see you like this. Please, hyung. Don't cry." 

Luhan deeply breaths, holding on Jongin's shirt tightly as he tries to fulfill his boyfriend's wish. 

"You should just rest and recover, hyung." Kyungsoo says then, making the others nod in agreement and Luhan looks up weakly.

"But the marriage.."

"You have to recover to marry me." Jongin interrupts him with quick and resolute words "Luhan-hyung, honey, you have to rest. I will care about everything. I swear I will marry you on the 8th and everything will be perfect." 

 

Jongin loses himself in Luhan's swollen, beautiful eyes and doesn't notice three pairs of horrified ones staring at him framed by pale faces. 

 

"Jongin, are you sure? Organizing a marriage is hard." Luhan asks, hesitant, receiving a sweet kiss as an answer.

 

"Do you trust me?"  

 

"Be careful with the answer here." Minseok butts in then and receives a glare from Junmyeon and Kyungsoo besides him. 

Jongin is apparently so lost in Luhan's gaze that he pretends not to hear him, and smiles as Luhan chuckles.

 

"I trust you." he says gently as Jongin weeps his tears away "But I will not guarantee for your safeness if you ruin my wedding ceremony." 

 

The atmosphere gets destroyed so quickly Jongin loses his smile just as he loses his breath, shivering at the sudden meanness in his lover's voice. 

 

Their three friends burst out laughing and Jongin pouts.

 

"It's my wedding ceremony, too." 

 

 

-

 

 

Jongin's eyes wanders through what he has just called 'The KaiLu Army' and has to admit it looked much better in his mind.

 

Tao is restlessly speaking unintelligible Chienese words in Kris' right ear, and judging from the the latter's face, to try convincing him not to leave. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae stand still in the cool poses they have struck before, their always tricky-looking faces looking less trustable than ever. Yixing stays still with his hands united behind his back, looking around in childish cluelessly. Minseok stands besides him, ready to translate anything the younger, Chinese boy could need, while Kyungsoo and Junmyeon awkwardly stand on his right with surrendered expressions on their faces. Sehun has the air of someone who would like to be anywhere but there. 

 

Jongin sighs deeply. 

 

"So, as you all know, we are here today to start organizing the wedding ceremony for Luhan and me." 

 

Baekhyun makes a funny face at his words. "Not only you have called us The KaiLu Army, pretty much the cheesiest name ever, you even act like a sergeant now?"

Jongin glares at him deadly. "This is serious. If any of you doesn't want to help, leave now."

 

Everyone rolls their eyes at Tao grabbing Kris's t-shirt as he makes to accept Jongin's offer.

 

"Thank you." the husband-to-be hisses before inviting them all to look at the papers he has just distributed. 

"This is cool, Jongin." Yixing compliments "You look so organized."

Jongin smiles unsure. "Thanks."

 

"I have a question." Sehun raises a hand, making Jongin hold a growl back "Why am I here? I mean, why should I help you in organizing your wedding with the hyung you stole from me?" He gets a slap behind his neck from Junmyeon, while Tao replies with gravity.

"Luhan-hyung fell down and broke his leg while walking down the streets with Minseok-hyung and Kyungsoo and he is extremely depressed about it."

"And if you love him as much as you claim to, you should help and shut your mouth." Kyungsoo supports his point and Sehun rolls his eyes. 

 

"It was a rhetorical question, by the way."

 

Fifteen minutes later they somehow manage to sit down on the floor of Junmyeon's apartment dining room with papers in hands.

 

"The budget set by Luhan-hyung and me is of 21.180.000won." Kyungsoo informs "Honeymoon excluded. This means they have to be enough for attire and accessories, make up artists and hairstyles, flowers and decorations, location rent, catering, entertainment, invitations, wedding favors, wedding rings, photography and video and, of course, food."

 

As he stops reading the list, Kyungsoo takes a deep breath to recover, looking up to meet eleven pairs of lost eyes, plus a very pale face.

 

"Jongin, are you okay?"

"Yeah."

 

Jongin laughs weakly and gets a mocking look from Sehun. "Is it even necessary to be so detailed?"

"Do you want to organize a wedding ceremony or a high school party?" Baekhyun scolds him loudly and the younger shrugs.

"I'd rather organize the sec-" 

"The real question is," Chanyeol interrupts him slyly at the sight of Jongin's eyes getting dangerously thin "Do we really have all this money?"

The husband-to-be's features soften immediately at the question, "We have been saving money for this since the first day we met. I've always known he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with."

"Oh God this is so romantic." Baekhyun rests his chin on Chanyeol's shoulder dreamily, while most of the boys smile at Jongin's sweet words.

Sehun rolls his eyes again.

 

Kyungsoo and Junmyeon start discussing the fairer distribution of money, noting down all of Jongin's knowledge about Luhan's wishes for the wedding.

 

"I once had him telling me he wanted to hire a photographer with a long career ahead, because he thinks he would know how to capture the magic of weddings better, although I'm not sure any old photographer would like to work for a gay couple?" 

 

"Jongin, these are unimportant details." Jongdae sighs and Jongin pouts.

"I'm just telling everything I know."

"It's okay, Jongin. Continue." Kyungsoo incites, pen furiously writing down each of his words. 

 

"As you all know, his bigger dream is to meet TVXQ-"

"This is 101% unlikely to happen anyway." Tao states emotionlessly and Kyungso groans.

"Let him finish," Minseok face-palms "I'd like to go home before midnight, you know?"

 

Jongin sends a silent preyer up to the sky.

 

One hour later everyone is still there, arguing on the importance of the China Factor in the ceremony.

 

"It's not like we can hold the ceremony in China." Baekhyun rolls his eyes in exasperation and Yixing stubbornly pouts.

"Of course we can't, but Lulu-hyung is Chinese, we can't ignore it."

"His friends are all here," Junmyeon tries to reason and Kyungsoo suddenly pales, interrupting his talk with an exasperated "We still have to make the guests list up, God." that makes Jongin face-palm.

 

"Still, we must include China somehow," Tao intervenes to support Yixing's point and the others eventually have to agree. It would be rude to ignore Luhan's Chinese origin, especially considering that Luhan is extremely attached to his homeland and its culture. 

"What about Jongin recites his wedding promise in Chinese?" Minseok suggests after a while, making the room fall silent.

 

"Hyung, you are a ing genius." Jongin says in undeniable joy and pulls the older man up into a tight hug right after.

"You are suffocating me." 

"Sorry."

 

Kyungsoo lets himself chuckle shortly before trying to bring order again. "Tao, Yixing-hyung, Kris-hyung, you'll help Jongin with the Chinese composition then."

"Does he need my help for drawing?" 

"Hyung." Jongin protests exasperated and Kris gives up, accepting the infamous job with a loud sigh.

"Are you sure you don't need my help for any drawing anyway?"

"Sorry, I'd rather have Monggu do it."

The others hold their laughs back while Kris frowns darkly. "Don't wonder why I don't want to help you now."

 

Jongin giggles, moving from his position to wrap his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulders right after to look down at the informations they have by now.

 

"We're almost done with the list, Jongin." the older informs sweetly and Jongin smiles, nodding.

 

After a while, Jongdae and Chanyeol prepare a map with all the possible restaurants that may suit to their necessities.

"The location rent comes before everything." Baekhyun supports Jongdae's original idea and the boy nods.

"Catering and clothes immediately after."

"And don't forget the wedding rings." Chanyeol adds, making Jongin take a deep, resolute breath. 

 

"We'll start with the location tomorrow, then." 

 

 

-

 

 

Jongin has gained strength from visiting Luhan the previous night. Kinda.

 

His boyfriend looked better than how he had left him and despite the obvious worry painted on his face, Luhan hadn't stopped smiling once. Jongin had felt grateful Luhan had so much trust in him, and although there were that sudden change in Luhan's attitude again and another dead threat making Jongin shiver from head to toe helplessly, Luhan's soft kisses on his lips made him feel better anyway.

 

Now Jongin is in Kris' car, carefully checkin out Jongdae and Chanyeol's map with Kyungsoo, Yixing and Baekhyun studying their papers on the back seats. 

 

"What about the Cheongsachorong, in Itaewon?" Jongin asks aloud, a bit unsure, and Baekhyun widen his eyes in horrified incredulity. 

"Too Korean!"

"We might as well think of that restaurant near the railway. Luhan-hyung loves it." Kyungsoo suggests and Kris sends a critical look to the fuel level of his car.

"Someone remind me again why we are not hiring a wedding planner?"

 

"Because Luhan-hyung didn't want to and we are staying true to his wish." the other four recite in exasperated unison and Kris sighs. 

"Right, right." 

 

"Anyway, I think we should choose a place near the courthouse." Yixing suggests in careful Korean, making Jongin turn around to meet his eyes "Didn't Luhan-hyung want to reach the location with an Italian Vespa? It would be uncomfortable to drive for too long on that."

Jongin nods, delighted. "Good point. Really, really, really a good point." he mutters while checking the map to note down the places that better suit to the cause, and Yixing smiles happily.

 

"Right, the Vespa." Kyungsoo sighs meanwhile, adding the motorcycle to the list of necessities that should be included in their budget.

"How much will it cost?" Baekhyun asks, making Kris laugh.

"Surely less than that carriage and white horses Jongin wanted to rent." 

Said boy sends him an annoyed look. "That was a cool idea, okay?"

"It was not. It was very expensive." Kyungsoo points out "If you want to afford the dress Luhan-hyung wants, we have to economize on expensive, utterly romantic ideas, Jongin."

 

Jongin bites his lips, "I forgot about the 2.170.500won dress from that boutique." he mutters in a surrendered, low voice, making Baekhyun smirk mockingly.

"Yepp, that's really an easily forgettable detail."

 

Jongin rolls his eyes.

 

They keep on driving around Seoul for the entire morning, much to Kris' exasperation, when Kyungsoo finally comes out with the last destination and the five of them take a careful look at the photos on the Restaurant's brochure while stuck in the traffic.

 

"Minseok-hyung believes this is the best choice, by the way. Luhan-hyung has eaten here a couple of times, and he loved it. Besides, it's only fifteen minutes from the courthouse in car."

 

"Great," Baekhyun exclaims while showing Kris the place on the map "We should hurry up, because it's almost lunch time."

"So what?" Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, receiving a simple "I'm hungry." in return that makes him roll his eyes.

"Why haven't we visited this place earlier, if it seems to be so perfect?" Kris asks then, bewildered, and Jongin sighs, ignoring his question and increasing the volume of the stereo as TVXQ's newest song starts playing. 

 

Kris accepts the treatment and starts moving his head to the rhythm, while all the others hum the song quietly.

 

Jongin pulls off a thoughtful expression that soon translates into a hopeless sigh.

 

"What's wrong?" Yixing asks then, and the younger man only shrugs.

"I was fantasizing about how great it would be to have Luhan-hyung meet TVXQ as my wedding gift."

 

Jongin's surrounded voice brings the others to smile,  sweet and understanding, and Kyungsoo brings a supportive hand to pat the boy's back.

 

After few minutes of complete silence Baekhyun moves messily from his seat, getting Jongin to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm thinking that if you want this, you should start thinking about a way to at least try to make it happen."

"What are you talking about?"

Baekhyun point a finger to the car's stereo and the loud coughs that follow make him cross his arms in a highly offended gesture. 

 

"I think it's worth a try."

Kyungsoo ponders for a moment. "Well, if we say nothing about it, we could try. No one will suffer if we fail, I mean."

"But if we succeed Luhan-hyung will be the happiest man on earth." Baekhyun supports the point eagerly "And I will as well because I've never seen Yunho-sshi in person."

"You go to every concert and event he is in." Kyungsoo says, sending his friend an exasperated look and Baekhyun frowns.

 

"If the distance between us is more than 50 meters, it doesn't count as 'seeing him in person' for me."

"Sorry to interrupt, could we please focus on the damn wedding?" Jongin sighs then, making the two chuckle.

 

"You know, thinking about it, I have a friend, who is the cousin of a girl who is married to the brother of a man who works in SM Entertainment as a security man." 

 

Four pairs of eyes stare at Kris with lost expressions, and the boy shallows hard as Jongin opens his mouth to say something before closing it again and only shaking his head in exasperation.

 

"Why are you being like this? This can be a starting point, but we would still need something to catch their attention."

"A video, obviously." Baekhyung states "We have to record a video to show them why we need TVXQ to accept our request."

"I should send them the photo of Luhan's TVXQ collection the day I bought him his precious glass showcase. If his face doesn't convince them, I don't know what could."

Yixing bursts out laughing at the memory of said photo. Luhan had been just gifted with the last TVXQ CD for Christmas and, upon the realization that his beloved collection was getting too big to remain on his table, he had pleaded Jongin to buy him a showcase, having Jongin accepting stupidly after only a minute of well calculated aegyo. 

Jongin smiles lovingly at the memory as well, and Kyungsoo sends him a sweet look.

 

"You know Jongin, I think nothing would work better than a honest video of yourself alone. Nothing can convince people of your love for Luhan-hyung better than words coming from your heart."

 

Jongin shakes his head, shyly accepting his friend's compliment but disagreeing anyway. "I'm terrible with words. I would end up making a mess."

"Then try to find the right words this time." Baekhyun smiles a caring smile "Who knows, it could work."

 

Unsure, Jongin shrugs, keeping the idea alive in his mind.

 

-

 

After the bomb of the restaurant price had been thrown right into their faces, the Kailu Army had to renounce to the idea of celebrating the wedding there immediately. The place's owner had asked them a ridiculous amount of money, despite the guests being roughly 40 people, and for how much they all liked the place and its closeness to the courthouse, Jongin would have never spent so much money for the location alone, not before having bought the 2.170.500won tuxedo of Luhan's dreams. 

 

Hence, the remaining part of the day is spent into trying to collect new ideas to solve the problem, and by 10Pm a deadly tired Jongin buries his face in his palms with a loud groan.

 

"Hyung, calm down." Sehun says with an accusing eyebrow raised "Do you want to arrive to the wedding day being uglier than you already are?"

 

No one tries to save Sehun from the chocking attempt that follows.

 

Chanyeol then comes out from nowhere holding the newest expensive videocamera Junmyeon's parents have recently bought him for his birthday, making its owner open up into a horrified scream.

 

"Where did you take that from?" 

Chanyeol carefully takes his hand up, far away from the shorter man's weak attempts to reach the camera with ridiculous jumps and everyone burst out laughing, even Sehun who still has Jongin's hands around his neck. 

"Calm down." Chanyeol orders with a frown "We need it to film the video."

"What?" Jongin asks then, paling, and Sehun sneaks away "What video?"

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol send him exasperated looks. 

 

"Your video for Luhan-hyung, idiot."

Jongin's mouth closes into a tight line and he stays there, unsure, making the other two sigh. 

"Jongin, a video for Luhan-hyung! We will film a video he will be shown at the ceremony."

"Why?" Jongin asks then, horrified at the solely idea "We have set part of the budget aside for a photographer appositely for this kind of stuff."

 

Baekhyun snorts loudly and Jongdae sends Jongin a knowingly glance. "You can't possibly think Luhan will like a cheesy, romantic wedding video more than a idiotic, funny one made by his best friends and boyfriend."

Jongin takes a moment to reason about that and shrugs. "I am afraid to discover what you guys mean for 'idiotic, funny video'."

 

And he knows he has good reasons to be. 

 

The eleven of them stay up until dawn to organize the video, whose plot is carefully written down by three malicious Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol, occasionally helped by Minseok and Tao. Kris and Sehun take care of printing ten papers with close-ups of Luhan's head and face, which they later turn into masks with Yixing and Junmyeon's help, while Jongin and Kyungsoo list down the ten most memorable moments of Luhan and Jongin's relationship before passing them to the three scriptwriters. By the time sun sets up in the sky, they have finished their job and, despite deep bags under their eyes, they leave Junmyeon's apartment to go wandering around the city and start filming immediately.

 

The plot is the following: Jongin is just himself, while each of the boys would put his Luhan's mask on and act as Luhan for ten different sketches, in which they would recreate memorable moments of his relationship with Jongin during the past five years.  

 

The first sketch sees Baekhyun putting his mask on and, with Sehun's help, recreating Luhan and Jongin's first encounter at that bubble tea shop where Luhan and Sehun had gone and accidentally met the latter's dancing class mate, Jongin. Sehun had been forced seeing the two boys beside him falling in love instantly back then. Jongin feels his heart skipping a beat as they enter the famous café for filming, looking around with soft eyes as he remembers every detail of that fateful day perfectly. 

 

The second sketch is the one remembering the couple's first date and turns out as complete crack as Chanyeol proposes himself to be Luhan, but the part has to be given to Jongdae eventually as Jongin can't stop laughing at his being too tall to be his boyfriend.

 

The third sketch takes care of the two's first kiss and Kyungsoo reacts in bewildered horrification as he gets chosen for Luhan's part. Needless to say, it is one of the most difficult and hilarious sketch to film. 

 

Junmyeon plays Luhan for the fourth sketch, which focuses on the couple's coming out to their friends, and Kris and Sehun refuses to join at first at the mortifying memories of their reactions when the episode actually happened, four years before. Legend says Sehun had cried for two days in a row. 

 

Said boy gets forced to play Luhan for the fifth sketch, the moment Luhan made Jongin buy them tickets for TVXQ's concert using his aegyo in front of two horrified Tao and Kris and two dying of laughter Baekhyun and Chayeol. Jongin never managed to pass over how mortifying that moment was for him, and equally fails to get over it now because of Sehun's embarrassing everything

 

The sixth sketch takes care of the day Jongin introduced Luhan as his boyfriend to his parents. It was a memorable day, considering Jongin's parents had gotten extremely angry but were unable to show it, as none of them found the courage to scare or disappoint the beautiful, angelic boy standing scaredly besides their son. Minseok plays Luhan while Kris and Tao respectively play Jongin's father and mother. It turns out to be the most idiotic of all the sketches, for obvious reasons.

 

Tao then plays Luhan for the seventh sketch, the couple's first date in an amusement park. Jongin had organized a romantic surprise for Luhan on the Ferris wheel of the park and there he took the expectant boy with a bandage covering his eyes. Once the bandage got removed and Luhan found himself on the wheel, he had opened up into a terrified scream and the romantic surprise ended up into a mess of vomit, Chinese curses and a terrified Jongin frozen in his spot. Luhan had never told him about his deep fear towards heights before, obviously. 

 

"At least we had once we got home." Jongin sighs, still shivering at the memory of that long, surprising night. 

Chanyeol makes sure to add the detail at the end of the sketch. 

 

The eight sketch focuses on Chanyeol playing Luhan for the moment when Jongin almost burned down the older's apartment in the attempt to cook a complete dinner to celebrate Luhan's 25th birthday. Needless to say, Jongin had started thinking his attempts to be romantic were not good for his and Luhan's health at that point.

 

Kris plays Luhan for the ninth sketch, the one focusing on the day when Jongin had organized a surprise to his boyfriend after a bad fight, and performed a song in front of the whole atheneum of Luhan's university, ending up on the net (because Luhan had gotten so angry they ended up fighting again in front of everyone, not because his performance was somehow great, mind you) but managing to have the older's forgiveness and eventually even a kiss anyway.

 

Lastly, the tenth sketch is of course about Jongin's wedding proposal, and Yixing plays Luhan for the matter. No one could have played the part better, because Yixing and Luhan are extremely similar in their innocence, hence Yixing manages to recreate the atmosphere of Luhan's shock at Jongin's touching proposal perfectly. 

 

"I can't believe we spent the whole day filming this stupid video." Kris sighs that night, while they all exhaustedly head home.

"It's not a stupid video," Baekhyun protests and sends a lovingly look to a smiling Jongin "Luhan-hyung will LOVE it."

"I hope so," Jongin nods "I must admit I had so much fun."

 

Kyungsoo chuckles briefly, taking a little time before suddenly turning serious and making the smile on Jongin's face disappear. "The fun is over, anyway. Tomorrow we start working on the ceremony again." 

 

Jongin nods, smiling brightly again after a moment of hesitance despite his friend's creepy eyes. He was used to them anyway. 

 

He feels somehow positive after the effort spent into filming the video, which he was sure would turn out to be great eventually, and decides to share his joy with Luhan by sending him a sweet text. Once he gets home, he falls exhausted on his bed, not bothering to take his clothes off, and smiles a tired but bright smile as Luhan answers back with a short, deep "I love you so much, Jonginie."

 

-

 

The first week of Luhan's convalescence and Jongin's turning into a wedding planner has passed when Minseok decides to pay his best friend a visit, a 250 gr. bag of gummy bears in his hands. Luhan lifts his gaze up from the magazine on his lap as he hears the door opening, making to yell as soon as Minseok's face appears in his sight but stopping when the boy shows him the gummy bears.

 

He snorts, taking the bag with fake disinterest and Minseok shakes his head. "Sorry for only coming now." 

Luhan ignores him, his eyes closed and his face obviously trying to stay indifferent. 

"Luhan," Minseok sighs "Come on, don't stay angry. I bought you the gummy bears."

"Don't you dare thinking they are enough." Luhan replies, undignified, while shaking one of the bears accusingly in front of his friend's eyes, "You have no excuses."

"Actually, I do."

 

Minseok takes the chair besides Luhan's bed, carefully followed by Luhan's accusing glare, and lets his body fall on it before sighing loudly. Luhan raises an eyebrow, unimpressed.

 

"Your damned wedding." 

"Ah," Luhan replies, taking a moment to reflect. He looks up then, face melting into a surrendered expression, and puts a handful of gummy bears in his mouth "How bad is it going?" he asks while chewing and Minseok makes a disgusted face.

"I can not reveal much, but-"

"What?" Luhan yells "You are my best friend!"

Minseok shrugs, "I bought you gummy bears."

"Oh come on, can you stop? Gummy bears are not everything."

"I'll take them back then." the slightly older boy says while trying to take the plastic bag back from Luhan's lap and Luhan slaps his hand at the attempt, glaring deadly.

"Don't you dare."

Minseok rolls his eyes, making himself comfortable on the chair before crossing his arms. "I can see you are perfectly fine."

 

Luhan pouts. "I am not. I constantly think of the ceremony.. I am so afraid."

"Of what?"

"Of the possibility that something could go wrong, obviously!" 

"Actually, Jongin is doing pretty good if that's your worry," Minseok informs, indifferent, and Luhan looks at him for a moment before laughing nervously.

"Of course he is, I never doubted it."

"Then what are you worried about?"

"Oh I don't know," Luhan begins, voice betraying a glimpse of mock and irritation "Probably the fact that no one has given me a single information about how the organization of my ing wedding ceremony is going for the entire week."

Minseok shrugs, holding a laugh back "I just informed you that it's going well."

"Wow, what would I do without you." Luhan hisses, eyes thin and annoyed, and the other smirks. 

 

The two of them share some gummy bears in complete silence for a while, before Luhan looks up and sends a careful gaze to the other.

 

"Is everything really going just fine?"

"Well, if you consider that we are helping, why would you doubt it?" 

Luhan shrugs, a bit less energetic than before. "I hate this all, Minseok. I can't believe I am missing the organization of my wedding. Besides, Jongin is distant. He only came twice and both times he didn't want to discuss the matter, at all."

"Is this so bad?" the other asks then, careful "I mean, he has promised he will take care about everything, right?"

"Well yes but, he doesn't consider my opinion and never asks about anything and," he pauses, reasoning on how to express his thoughts without sounding too pessimistic and doubtful of his boyfriend's care "I am afraid he might mess everything up." he says eventually, realizing he has quite failed in his attempt.

 

Minseok meets his sad eyes and a lovingly smile slips out of his lips. He takes his friend's hands in his and holds them tight, inviting Luhan to pay attention. 

 

"He knows how important this is for you," he informs, serious "And believe me, it is for him as well. If he doesn't visit, it's because he is too busy making everything perfect. If he doesn't ask, it's because he already knows."

Luhan snorts, pouting childishly at the boy's words. "There are so many things he doesn't know. He wasn't paying attention when I told him about the color of you guys' ties having to be turquoise like the flower decorations, he was watching 'Running Man' and you know how deaf and dumb he gets when he does."

 

The boy's pout gets bigger as Minseok laughs. 

 

"He has bought the ties already."

"What?" Luhan asks then, shocked, and Minseok laughs even more. He sends Luhan a knowingly look before letting go of his hands to steal some gummy bears again.

"Luhan, he listened to you. He has always done."

"I am sure he has not listened most of the times."

"He has," Minseok insists, nodding "I was shocked as well, you know. He knows more than Kyungsoo and me."

"Liar."

"Luhan."

 

Luhan's mouth shuts closed at Minseok's serious insistence, and the boy giggles at his lost expression. A second later Luhan's cheeks gets colored by a bright red, and he looks down at the burning sensation provoked by his truly realizing Minseok's words.

 

"He loves you just this much."

 

-

 

"Lord, help me."

 

Jongin has his eyes fixed at his reflexion on the little screen of the videocamera in his hands, and he sees his own expression betraying nervousness and uneasiness, even though he would rather like to see a glimpse of resolution, even if a weak one.

 

He takes a deep breath, trying to focus on what he has to do without over thinking because he well knows, over thinking only makes things harder than they are already. With his favorite photo of Luhan on his lap, he looks at the screen again and, as while looking at the mirror, tells himself he can do it. 

 

He presses the 'record' button.

 

"Hello everyone, I am Kim Jongin, 25 years old, from Seoul." 

 

Introduction has been quite easy, he thinks, and he starts talking again after a short pause.

 

"I am recording this video because.. I am recording this video for TVXQ to see, because.. Well," he pauses, falling in his own words, and closes his eyes to hide his disappointment "I am terrible with words, but I am doing this because I wish to bring the happiest smile to the one I love the most, so.. I am giving this a try."

 

He opens his eyes then, coughing lightly to bring some voice in his dry throat and once he realizes there are not right words to express his thoughts, he simply starts talking as naturally as he can.

 

"We are getting married in a few weeks, and.. Luhan, my husband-to-be 's name is Luhan, is a big fan of TVXQ, they are one of the reasons why he moved to Korea from China.. yeah, I know it's silly, but thanks to this I was able to meet him, so.. it's okay with me."

 

He pauses, smiling stupidly at his vomit of words and bringing the photo of Luhan up for the lens to film.

 

"This is Luhan," he introduces in a sweet voice "my boyfriend, my everything. There has been a time when, well.. I was afraid to tell these words aloud but.. this never stopped me from knowing he was the one I wanted. I knew this since the first time I saw him.. Probably I fell in love at first sight, but hey.. can't you see him? Who wouldn't fall in love with this angel." 

 

Jongin bites his lips at his own, stupid words, thinking for a moment that he should just stop and start over again, or edit this part. In the end, he opts for just continuing, sending the camera a deeply embarrassed smile.

 

"The point is.. that we fell in love, and it was scary for how deep it was and now, now I know my life is only complete if Luhan shares it with me, and vice versa.. And well, for all this.. few weeks ago I decided to ask him. I had no reasons to wait any longer, and he said yes, and-"

 

He falls silent again, unable to find the right words to express the joy, the crazy heartbeats pumping in his chest at the memory of his proposal. Jongin only gives a smile, hoping it would be able to speak better than him.

 

"I guess I lost my point," he says, embarrassed, and shakes his head "and I also guess no one cares about my story but, if I am sharing this with you.. I mean, TVXQ sunbaenim? it's because I know how much I love Luhan and I'd try anything to make him happy, and meeting you would be one of the things he would never be able to forget. A present that cannot break, or get lost.. or have a cost. 

That's it, worse that I'd believe it would be but.. I won't try to film a second one. The first time comes from our heart, right?" 

 

He smiles, slightly red on his cheeks, and takes a deep breath.

 

"Thank you for your time.. This, has been Kim Jongin." 

 

When the record button gets pressed again and the camera stops rolling, Jongin buries his face in his hands with a loud groan. He feels so stupid, so hopelessly shy and stupid.. and the thought that he should just remove this idea from his mind and go buying Luhan a normal present insists on tormenting him. 

 

But he doesn't let it win him over, he knows he has to at least try. 

 

With a sigh he takes Luhan photo again and fixes his eyes on it, losing himself in his boyfriend's angelic smile printed on lucid paper.

 

"I guess.. I love you just this much."

 

-

 

When Kyungsoo brings Jongin to the boutique to finally buy Luhan his precious tuxedo, the young husband-to-be has a slightly pale face, and a 2.170.500won assign in his wallet.

 

Kyungsoo pulls off a serious and supportive expression, but he is internally anticipating the purchase already.

He pats Jongin's shoulder as they enter the store, and Jongin smiles weakly at a tall, slim and well-dressed man welcoming them with a bright smile.

 

"Kyungie!" the man greets loudly, making Jongin frown, and Kyungsoo answers back with a hesitant smile and a hug. 

"Heechul-hyung, how are you?" 

 

Jongin observes with a raised eyebrow as the two men keeps on conversing, nonchalantly, about their lives, their past weeks, Luhan, the wedding, as Jongin has never entered the store with Kyungsoo in the first place. It's only when Heechul asks why Luhan has not come that Kyungsoo's smile gets a little weaker and Jongin thinks it would has come the time for him to be introduced.

 

"Luhan-hyung broke a leg." Kyungsoo informs, much to the older man's shock.

"Oh god, how is he?"

"Good, good. He'll get better." Kyungsoo smiles reassuringly and Heechul nods, letting out a deep sigh. 

"Luckily enough we already took his measures!"

 

Kyungsoo nods as well, finally taking Jongin's arm to bring him in front of Heechul's curious eyes.

 

"In fact, Jongin is here today to confirm the purchase."

"Oh?"

 

Heechul's eyes widen as he finally notices Jongin and observes him carefully from head to toe.

 

"So he is Jongin?"

Jongin smiles weakly, bowing. "Nice to meet you."

Heechul sighs heavenly at that. "So fine, so fine," he says, making Jongin pale "Exactly as Luhan used to tell me."

 

Jongin laughs, embarrassed, his body squirming in uneasiness as the older man studies his every inch with those big eyes. Kyungsoo suppresses his laughter.

 

"Well, I'm glad you came to buy the dress, Jongin. Luhan looks wonderful in it, more than usual if possible."

"I am sure he does." Jongin nods, and Heechul invites the two of them to follow him to the back of the store, where Luhan's dress has been packed.

 

As soon as they reach the stand where the tailored suit is, Heechul removes the cover, letting Jongin take a look of it. 

 

The tuxedo is, of course, beautiful and of great quality, and Jongin observes every detail of it with fascinated eyes. He can already imagine Luhan in it, handsome and smiling, the fabric covering every inch of his flesh perfectly. He smiles at the thought, and Heechul and Kyungsoo do the same at the sight of his lovingly expression.

 

"It's so beautiful that you react with such a cute smile despite the dress' price." Heechul jokes at one point, making Jongin laugh softly.

"Honestly, I expected this to bother me but," he pauses, gesturing at the tuxedo with unfocused eyes "He will be so beautiful in this."

"You have no idea." the shop's owner nods, and Jongin laughs again.

 

"Thank you for your job here. I really like it."

"Oh thank you, dear." Heechul says, patting one of Jongin's cheeks "If you like this, you will like yours even more."

"What?" 

 

Jongin sends Kyungsoo a quick questioningly look at those words, and the older only shrugs, following as Heechul drags him around the shop, takes a dress from a stand and puts it in Jongin's hands gracelessly before pushing him inside a changing room. 

 

"Come on, try it on." he says and Jongin sees the door closing in his face, again, gracelessly and stays still in confusion.

"Kyungsoo-hyung?" he tries, bringing his face closer to the door "What's happening? I never ordered a dress."

"You haven't, but Luhan-hyung has." Kyungsoo answers from the other side of the door.

"What?"

"Oh come on, Kim Jongin. Why do you always have to be such a time waster? Try it on!"

 

Jongin pales, easily imagining Kyungsoo's big eyes staring at him with annoyance and shivers, hurrying to get changed.

 

When he comes out the changing room, he meets a mirror standing right in front his eyes, and the two men besides sigh at his sight.

 

"Perfect." Heechul comments, studying Jongin's figure "Absolutely perfect."

 

Jongin studies himself in the mirror as well and yes, the tuxedo definitely fits perfectly. It's a beautiful dress, just like Luhan's one, and appears to be made appositely for him.

 

"I don't understand." he says anyway, while Kyungsoo walks in circle around him to take a careful look "Has Luhan bought this dress for me?" he pales, sending Kyungsoo a horrified look "How much does it cost? I don't have others 2.000.000won!"

 

Heechul and Kyungsoo burst out laughing hard, and Jongin sends a disappointed look at them both. He has a budget.

 

"You're hopeless, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo mocks him "This is Luhan-hyung's present for you. He has ordered it as soon as you proposed-"

"A very touching proposal, by the way."

Jongin smiles embarrassedly, "Thanks."

"He gave your measures and bought it and I must admit, he was so precise." Kyungsoo finishes, nodding.  

 

"Yeah, it fits you perfectly." Heechul says, and Jongin blushes as he looks at his reflection in the mirror again, meeting a handsome young man warped in his beautiful, perfect wedding tuxedo. He smiles.

 

As soon as Kyungsoo and him get out the shop, greeting Heechul gratefully, Kyungsoo takes his chance to elbow Jongin jokingly as the younger boy doesn't manage to stop smiling once.

 

"Someone's happy."

 

Jongin's smile widens, and they both laugh while walking down the streets to go back home.

 

"Hyung, I am happy." Jongin says, Kyungsoo's arm wrapped around his "I want to marry him and be happy forever."

 

Kyungsoo chuckles, nodding at his friend's innocent, loving words, and they later decide to take a photo of themselves and the two big bags containing the tuxedos to send it to Luhan before meeting with Junmyeon and Kris for their appointment with the photographer.

 

Luhan answers few minutes later, eyes wet at Jongin's sweet, thankful text, deciding to play cool just because everything is just too cheesy for his sick-of-hospital-foods stomach to digest, and making the two friends bursting out laughing.

 

"Tsk, and you wanted to buy our wedding tuxedos at H&M.. I love you, idiot."

 

-

 

By the end of the third week of organization, the KaiLu Army has completed most of the things to do on Kyungsoo's list. 

Dresses are bought, photographer has been chosen, as well as hairstylists and make-up artists, location and catering have been set, flowers ordered and not much is left to do. 

 

Except for one really important detail. 

 

"I swear to God, Kim Jongin, I'll sell your soul to the devil if the money left is not enough."

 

Jongin shivers, guiltiness and disappointment spreading all over his body as Kyungsoo and Sehun accompany him at the closest jewelry shop. The young boy sends his older friend a pleading look, trying to ignore Sehun's smirk. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, hyung."

Kyungsoo sighs, shaking his head.

"How could you forget, by the way?" Sehun butts in then "Kyungsoo-hyung has reminded you of it like, everyday."

Jongin doesn't hold a groan back and sends Kyungsoo another look, of disappointment this time. 

"Why is he always around when I do something wrong?"

"Karma." is the flat answers he gets, and Sehun smirks again. 

 

Jongin sighs, trying to free his mind from the thought that he has forgotten, more than half of the budget gone and one week before the wedding, to buy the wedding rings. He feels a shiver running through his spine at the thought of what Luhan would make out of him if he discovered that-

 

"Imagine if Luhan-hyung discovers that you have spent so much for the wedding cake, sure you had lot of money left, before buying the 

wedding rings?"

 

Sehun laughs, loud and amused, and the fact that he has said aloud exactly what Jongin was thinking makes the boy feel the need to try to choke him just another time. 

 

"Jongin, don't." Kyungsoo ammonites him, emotionlessly, and Jongin stops with a groan. 

 

They keep on walking, Sehun keeping on giggling like crazy, much to Jongin's annoyance, and Jongin makes sure to let the younger friend know that he is not going to be safe as long as Kyungsoo leaves. And it's not enough to make Sehun stop.

 

As soon as they reach the jewelry shop, anyway, Jongin hurries to ask the salesman for a couple of wedding rings and gives informations about the sizes and the writing to carve inside. Luckily enough, the money left is enough to afford them, and Jongin sighs in relief.

 

"Thank you for choosing us, sir. Your rings will be ready on Friday."

Jongin smiles a polite smile before suddenly paling, and Kyungsoo just does the same while Sehun performs a little, amused "Oh-oh" with his lips, making the salesman frown.

"What?" Jongin almost screams, panicked at that point, and he starts muttering "F-Friday?" 

 

The man carefully nods, and Jongin buries his face in his palms while Kyungso shakes his head, hopeless. 

 

"What's wrong?"

"The wedding is on Friday." Sehun informs with nonchalance, and the salesman raises two horrified eyebrows.

"Did you came buying the wedding rings a week before your wedding? Are you insane?"

 

Jongin is so worried he doesn't even pay attention to the older man's really impolite words. 

 

"Is there no chance to anticipate the order?" Kyungsoo tries weakly, but the other shakes his head.

"I'm sorry."

Jongin sighs, shrugging in surrender. "What hour can we take the rings?"

"9.30AM."

 

The husband-to-be runs a hand in his hair, taking a deep breath.

 

"We can make it. The wedding starts at 10.30AM."

 

-

 

Since the wedding ring accident, it all started to go down for Jongin.

 

Be it because the wedding day got closer everyday, bringing new worries and thoughts in his mind, be it because things to do always felt too many, despite his friends' closeness and help, be it because he hadn't been seeing Luhan properly for too long, and before such an important event, but Jongin couldn't do things properly anymore.

 

As it all wasn't enough, he had found economical difficulties in buying Luhan his wedding gift because, of course, he received no response for the video he had sent to SM Entertainment, and he had stupidly counted so much on it that he had found it hard to think of something else, beautiful but affordable at the same time. It was Luhans' wedding present, not a birthday one, not a Christmas one, and he had ed it up while Luhan's present for him had been simply perfect. 

 

Now, three days before the wedding, he can't take it all anymore and, afraid he could end up doing something stupid for the unbearable stress, he runs away in the middle of the night and heads towards the hospital, pleading a nurse to let him pay a shot visit to Luhan. 

 

"Fifteen minutes." the woman tells him with a scolding tone, although her eyes seem deep and understanding as they look at Jongin's ones. 

 

Jongin nods, and hurries to reach Luhan's room. 

 

When he enters, careful, afraid Luhan could be sleeping, he finds his boyfriend staying on his feet, besides the room's windows, eyes staring at the restless lives down the streets.

 

"Hyung," he calls, breath loud in the silent room, and Luhan turns to face him with what he could tell were wide, shocked eyes. He doesn't give him time to react properly that he runs to him, eyes fixed on Luhan's legs. "You walk." 

Luhan takes a moment to register Jongin's presence before throwing himself in his arms. 

"You're here." he says, voice shaking.

"Of course I'm here."

"Well of course I walk." 

 

They chuckles, holding each other tight in the hug. Jongin takes his hands to Luhan's hair gently and Luhan looks up, finally meeting his face, lighted up by the the outside's lights. 

 

"Why are you here?" Luhan asks, fingers leaving soft touches on Jongin's face and Jongin smiles weakly, although Luhan pretty much imagines to know already.

"I needed to see you."

"Yeah?" the older smiles, just as weak, and looks down as an unfamiliar hold tightens around his heart "I needed to see you, too."

"Why didn't you call me then?"

Luhan shrugs, eyes shutting close under Jongin's gentle touches. "I figured you had so much to do.. without me."

 

As a loud sigh slips out his lips, Luhan looks up with wet, guilty eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I left you alone, Jonginie." 

 

Jongin only shakes his head, pulling him closer into another, tight hug. Luhan buries his face in his chest as he hugs back, repeating guilty and low-voiced "I'm sorry" until Jongin brings his face up to meet his own, and interrupts his pleads with a longed, fierce kiss. 

 

Luhan loses his breath as he answers back, arms wrapping around Jongin's shoulders to support his still not completely recovered leg and his boyfriend devours him with his mouth, pressing their bodies together. 

 

As soon as they separate to breath, Jongin smiles and makes sure to let Luhan see it, how much his simple presence has brought smile back on his face after days of dark.

 

"You know.. This challenge helped me to realize that I'd do.. anything to make you happy." 

 

He caresses Luhan's cheeks softly, posing another little kiss on his lips and Luhan smiles in it, deepening their hug and sliding his tongue inside Jongin's mouth when Jongin makes to break apart.

 

"Luhan," Jongin moans in the kiss, moving away to bring his mouth to the other's ear, and feels Luhan shiver in his arms "I can't wait to make you mine."

 

They both smile, hidden in the hug that follows.

 

Luhan places a soft kiss on Jongin's chest, speaking right on the spot where his heart is.

 

"I love you."