The Beginning: His Return

False Accusations

Kris's vision slowly deteriorated and he was left standing in front of a single townhouse. The roads continued to stretch on but not a single thing was in the sight of them. The only building that occupied the whole free space was the townhouse. The door was left slightly ajar and being the curious person he was, he stepped forward, up the stairs, and eased the door open. The house had a warm, pleasant aura about it and he continued forward. He could hear mumbling from inside the kitchen and he recognized the voices as belonging to Sehun and Tao.

He pressed himself up against the wall as he listened in on their conversation. "How do you think he'll react?" Sehun asked and it was easy to detect the worry in his voice.

"I don't know," Tao responded, "but you know how he is. Any and every way that isn't positive is how he'll be." Tao sighed and it sounded like he was crying with the way he was constantly sniffling and the short stacks of breath he kept taking. At this point, Kris had no idea what they were even referring to. Were they even talking about him? No further words were being said and all was quiet in the house except for the hushed sobs of the two.

Kris peeked around the corner and they were holding each other, hugging tightly as tears ran down their faces. Sehun took Tao's face in his hands and wiped his tears away. "I'm sure we'll be just fine. We don't need him in our lives anyway, right?"

"I hope so," Tao mumbled and Sehun pressed a tender kiss to his lips. Kris reluctantly moved forward so that he was standing in the middle of the arch and directly in plain view of them. Sehun and Tao immediately separated and moved to the opposite sides of the table. The fear in their eyes was hard to miss and although Kris was confused, he felt his face twist into disgust at the sight of them.

"What is going on here?" he demanded and it was as all and any control he had over himself was gone. He was extremely mad and even he didn't know why. He knew Tao and Sehun were dating but why was he that he was suddenly getting so angry at seeing them together now?

Sehun's hands were shaking and Tao refused to make eye contact with either of them. "N-Nothing," he stuttered. "Why are you h-here? You said you were working late."

"I got let off early," he said slowly and he leaned back against the wall with his arms folded against his chest. "Care to explain what you two were just talking about? Matter of a fact, who you were talking about. 'You know how he is.' Who is 'he'?" Kris scanned both of them up and down; he knew they were talking about him and something told him that he really wasn't going to like what would happen next depending on Sehun's answer.

"We wanted to talk to you about something," Sehun started off more confidently. "Tao and me." The corners of Tao's mouth turned up slightly and that seemed to ignite something in Kris. Sehun slowly took a seat while keeping eye contact with him. "We've been wanting to tell you for a long time now but we- we were scared to and I guess we have to tell you now."

"Tao?" Kris called to him and he hesitated to meet his eyes. "I want you to tell me." He swallowed and as he went to move hair from his face, his hands shook terribly.

"Me- Me and Sehun are dating," he said all at once and within seconds, Kris was at his throat with his fingers squeezing tightly. Kris couldn't control what he was doing despite how much he tried to steer himself away from doing what he was doing. It was as if he was stuck in a body someone else was controlling. Sehun was screaming and crying as he tugged at him, tugged at his fingers around his boyfriend's neck. As Tao started to slip away from reality, so was Kris and he was soon back in his cell, staring at his hands and watching as Tao and Sehun slept soundly together in each other's arms.

Kris rubbed his hands together, hoping and praying that he would never have to do that to anyone or that circumstances would have to end up leading to that. It was a terrible feeling to experience despite whether or not it was real. He stretched and trudged towards the sink to wash his face.

"Hey, I wanna talk to you about the plan," Sehun mumbled with sleep occupying his voice still. He made sure not to disturb Tao as he went and stood beside Kris, watching him wash his face. "How exactly is everything going to go down? I don't want to risk anything if it means execution as a worst case scenario." Kris flung off excess water from his hands and leaned back against the porcelain sink. He shook his head and stared down at his feet.

"Sehun, you have to understand that we're risking everything by doing this. The worst case scenario is the only scenario we have if we get caught. You don't have to come with us, it's your choice if you decide to stay. I'm not going to force you to do anything but I am not living the rest of my time here not knowing what it was that got me ing landed here anyway. Once I get word of Xiumin getting placed back in the system, I'm going to put the plan into play." Sehun shook his leg as he processed Kris's words and explanations. He had several good points but the only thing that held him back was the fact that execution was guaranteed if they were not successful.

Sehun took a quick breath. "How do you know that?"

"Sehun." Kris placed a hand on his shoulder. "If there's anything I've learned from my few months in being here is how the system works. If we're successful, you get to start your new life with Tao. If we're not, start making amends. I'm going back to bed." Kris returned to his bed and when he looked back, Sehun was still there, chewing on his lip as he weighed his options. The sound of starting an actual life with Tao was enticing and it was want he wanted more than anything but he didn't want to risk anything if a shortened sentence time was possible too. For now, his answer was leaning towards yes.

 

It was the same routine every morning: wake up, eat, wait, recreation time, eat, sleep, and repeat. The gang was more talkative, but also giddy, more than normal that morning and all because of the fact that that day would be the day where they were told whether or not Xiumin was reentering the system or not. According to the rules, he should have been executed but somehow he managed to get himself out of that and everyone desperately wanted to know just in case something went wrong with Kris's plan.

Everyone took their usual seats and the first five minutes of breakfast was dead silent. Tao leaned against Sehun sleepily while the rest of the inmates looked back and forth between each other. The sound of the large double doors had the whole team's attention and they couldn't tear their eyes away until they saw if Xiumin walked in or not. Whatever or whoever it was was covered and surrounded by guards. They then split apart to reveal Xiumin who appeared to look unscathed; everyone at the table was desperately trying not to applaud his return. He took a seat next to Lay and with a visual cue from Kris, he leaned over and began revealing the plan he had thrown together. Kris's nervous soon disapated as a huge grin spread across his face.

"I'm in," he said with a smirk.