2nd Session: Dark Eyes and Sour Kisses

False Accusations

Kris awoke slowly with his eyes focused solely on the floor then all at once going into alert mode once he recognized the place he was in not to be the Qincheng Prison. He was strapped down in a chair, probably inside a warehouse. It was quiet and rainy; the only thing that broke the thick film of silence was the constant drip-drip-drip of water coming in through a tear in the roof. The room was dimly lit by a green hanging lamp across the room, in front of the door.

"Why am I here?" Kris asked to no one in particular. Though he wasn't physically feeling cold, it must have been cold enough since he was able to see his breath as he spoke. He stretched his hands, trying to free himself from the restraints that were placed over them. His feet were held in place by shackles so at least some things weren't out of place. During the process of trying to free himself, he noted his missing shirt. His skin was paler than usual and his veins were very obvious. What he couldn't figure out was why black dots followed along all of the said veins. On his bicep was a deep purple bruise that followed all the way around and the skin on either side of the bruise was swollen and alarmingly red.

Suddenly the door opened and a tall figure came rushing towards him. It took him a second to recognize him but he finally made the person's identity out to be Tao.

"Thank God, you're still here," he said with a sigh of relief. "Look, I've got to make this quickI nearly got killed for these." He pulled out a pack of needles from the inside of his oversized, Leopard print jacket. Kris didn't understand why but when he laid eyes on the needles, he was extremely happy and his mood seemed to brighten immediately.

"What do you mean you almost got killed? The were you doing?" Kris questioned him.

Tao was appalled by Kris's sudden outburst and he almost looked hurt but his hurt expression was quickly taken over by one of anger. "I ing got these for you because I know how goddamn bad it's getting! Sure, I'm not being a great friend by still supplying you but damn, Kris! Give me a ing break!" He took the pack of needles in his hand and threw them at him with full force before heading back to the where he entered from. The scene changed abruptly so he was now back in the solid, white room. Like before, Jessica was standing in front of him but he couldn't move towards her.

Please don't let her head fall off. Please don't let her head fall off, he mentally plaeaded. Instead, and much to his fortune, she simply turned around and walked towrads him. She placed her hand on his cheek, running her fingers against his jawline before collapsing against his body, sobbing. She was mumbling something but she was speaking too low for him to hear and also too incoherently. He tried whispering something comforting to her but his mouth paid no attention to the constant commands his brain was sending them. He wanted to rub her back and embrace her but his arms wouldn't move. She created distance between them and lifted up her shirt and pointed to the left side of her body. There, something black and pulsating occupied the area where her heart would normally be.

"This will be your life if you don't wake up," she said with an uneven voice and everything slowly started to fall apart and then as quick as a blink of an eye, Kris was back in the prison. Like before, Tao and Sehun were up and by his side and looking at him like he just spilled his plans for killing the two of them.

"You say some ed up when you sleep," Sehun grumbled with his arms folded tightly across his chest. Tao grabbed him roughly by the nape of his neck to which Sehun laughed and poked him in his side.

"I think it's time you go see Creepy Kim again." Tao suggested as he initiated a playfight with Sehun.

"I personally think you have some mental issues going on," Sehun theorized and while he was doing the crazy sign, Tao managed to karate chop him on the back of the neck and he fell down with a dramatic approach.

Kris rolled his eyes and cautiously checked his arms, still weary of his dream. "You guys are such children," he muttered and descended from his place on the top bunk. "When will you two grow up?" Tao and Sehun exchanged looks before continuing with a round two.

"Lighten the up, Maple," Sehun retorted. "We're clearly not getting any other forms of entertainment so tell me, what would you do? Plus you're the childish one here by not accepting that you belong in this prison for all the things you did to all those poor, poor people." Sehun knocked Tao's legs out and collapsed on top of him, lightly hitting him on the chest and face.

"God, Syrup, what side of the piece of metal crap did you wake up on?" Tao took both of Sehun's arms in one hand, while using his body weight, rolled him onto his stomach then ended the second round with a pretend breaking of his neck.

"You need to get out of my dreams," Kris spat and went to "wash" his face. The only things inmates were allowed in their cells was a toilet and a sink. Soap wasn't permitted just in case people got ideas.

"So you've been dreaming of me. y," Tao teased and ran his fingertips lightly across Kris's back.

 

When Kris entered the room, Mr. Jongdae was already seated on the second couch and watching the door with such seriousness. His hands were folded neatly in his lap, along with his legs, and beside him was a yellow notepad and a pen laying diagonally on it. Mr. Jongdae merely looked towards the couch in front of him and back at Kris which told him everything he needed to know. During their last session, Mr. Jongdae had gone through the basics which included learning a bit of his personal back story and, of course, his personal take on the words "wake up."

Kris watched the smaller man with a puzzled expression. From the time he came in to the time he sat down, neither of them had spoken a word and Mr. Jongdae literally hadn't moved a muscle; he didn't even blink and if he did, it was most likely when Kris wasn't looking at him. It was four o'clock, according to the analog clock placed on the far left wall of Mr. Jongdae's room. Kris pretty much observed everything just to get out of having eye contact with the supposed "psychology specialist." For example, he never noticed the one children's book on the bookshelf or the calendar that was set on April when they were clearly in the month of September.

A sign of movement caught his eye; Mr. Jongdae had picked up his pen and began to write... with his eyes still on Kris. He never once broke contact to look at what he was writing down. Kris shifted awkwardly under his stare and tried looking anywhere else besides his eyes but something about him compelled him to not look away.

"Stop staring at me!" Kris yelled and the corner of Mr. Jongdae's lips turned up the slightest bit.

"Are you uncomfortable?" he asked in that dead, montone voice.

Kris narrowed his eyes and balled his hands together. "Of course, I'm uncomfortable! You've been staring at me for the past fifteen minutes without saying a goddamn word! Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?" Mr. Jongdae put down his pen and moved to sit on the coffee table.

"What about that makes you uncomfortable, Yifan?" he asked from his new position on the coffee table. "Since I'm your therapist now, you shouldn't have to feel that way."

What the hell is this guy talking about? Kris thought and furrowed his eyebrows together as he watched Mr. Jongdae bring his hand up to caress Kris's face. God, he really wanted to punch the guy but then he would get executed and that was something he did not want to happen. Kris immediately stiffened as he felt a hand creeping up on the inner side of his thigh. Mr. Jongdae stopped a few inches away from his crotch; he was so close to him that Kris could detect a sour smell on him, something like vinegar.

"Still uncomfortable?" he inquired with an uplifted eyebrow and a cocky smirk. No violence, no violence, Kris tried to remember as Mr. Jongdae continued to cross every and all of the things that fell under the category of "personal space."

"Yes... very," he said through gritted teeth. "I would appreciate it greatly if you would give me some space." There was that smell again; at the same time Kris caught a whiff of that scent again, Mr. Jongdae inched forward and carefully looked over his face.

"Don't like that smell? I don't know why since you had such a great life surviving off of the substance that provided it," Mr. Jongdae growled and in one fluid motion, he pulled Kris closer and kissed him. If Kris didn't have a girlfriend waiting for him outside the bars, Mr. Jongdae didn't taste like vinegar, and he wasn't straight, then maybe he would have enjoyed the kiss. As quick as it happened, Kris pushed him off and put distance in between them. Mr. Jongdae had a smug look on his face and Kris looked like he just came out of a mental asylum.

"What the , man?" he yelled. "I have a girlfriend and I'm not gay. That was wrong on all levels!" Mr. Jongdae crossed his arms and went to retrieve his notepad and pen again but Kris beat him to it, throwing both items across the room. The pen hit the wall with a loud popping sound and pieces of it fell to the floor. Smoothing out his hair, Mr. Jongdae went to sit at his desk instead.

"I deserve an explanation!" he shouted, slamming both fists down on his desk; Mr. Jongdae didn't even flinch.

"Get out of my room," he said with his eyes looking forward instead of the raging, twenty-three year old man with both of his fists smudging his handprints on the glass on his desk.

"I'm not leaving until I get an answer!" This time, Mr. Jongdae looked up at him but something was off. There was a sort of evil look in his eyes and if Kris's eyes weren't playing games on him, the color of his irises had changed color to a darker brown. Kris began to feel a bit light-headed and dizzy, but he tried his best to keep his angry attitude.

"Get out my room. Now," Mr. Jongdae demanded and Kris immediately complied, heading towards the door with his mind constantly reverting back to the kiss and Mr. Jongdae's sudden change.

 

"You've been quieter than usual, Syrup. What happened with Creepy Kim?" Tao asked from the side of Kris's bed; Sehun was quietly sleeping on the other side of the room.

"Is this real? Seriously. I feel like I'm going crazy," Kris muttered as he sat up and ran a hand through his hair.

Tao stiffled a laugh and leaned back against the frame of the metal structure. "I take it something weird happened during your session. Right or right?"

"He ing kissed me!" he nearly screamed. "Then he went and said something about my life before here and just... what the , man."

"Hold up, whoa. You kissed Mr. Jongdae?" Tao asked, wide-eyed and very well invested in what happened.

"He kissed me," he whined and covered his face with his hands.

"Yeah, yeah, same thing. That's... wow. He must see something in you that he didn't in all his other clients since he never did more than speak an exact amount of five words per session."

"Yay me," he muttered, voice drenched in sarcasm. "Now the only one that can possibly lower my sentence time wants to get in my pants. Great."

"At least you're getting a shorter sentence time, ." Tao playfully flicked Kris's head and returned to his side of the room.

Kris couldn't seem to grasp the situation properly. The vinegar smell, the kiss, then the darkening of his eyes... what did it all mean? The thing he didn't understand the most was why he said the sour smell was something he was used to while out of prison. Did that mean he used to do something with acids before he was arrested? Kris rolled onto his side and hoped he would wake up with an absense of memory of how Mr. Jongdae's lips tasted.