Caught: Back Talk

False Accusations

Caught. Caught was what Kris was. He couldn't remember anything except that he was in jail and how he was caught was quite fresh in his memory.

He had been walking for hours in the sewer system; he was thoroughly exhausted. Blood decorated every part of him from being smeared on his neck to creating a large, dark spot on his jeans. His shoes were only a fourth away from being completely soaked and his hair was matted together, sticking to his forehead in several different areas. He would constantly check behind him; he knew they were hard-tracking him, he could faintly hear them above him. Running away from the law like he was could land him in jail for some serious time and the fact that he had somewhat helped carry out a murder plan was not helping.

Long story short, they had found him hiding very unmanly-like behind one of the larger trash cans in an alleyway.

He was taken in immediately and at the police station where they detained him, it was like they had just won the lottery. Everyone was making a bid deal out of catching him but they had missed one small detail: he didn't do it. As he stood there, legs spread apart and arms extended towards the wall, he wondered what was going through their minds. Did they not see the other two he was with? The blood stained shirt and jeans didn't exactly help aid his story either.

"But I'm innocent," he said over and over as they locked him up for the night. Without any consultation or thought enforced by the book, they removed any and all personal items from him and had his paperwork ready the following morning to send him down to Hong Kong.

That's how he ended up there, in front Qincheng Prison, standing in line with a bunch of convicts just itching to get inside. What he found quite funny was that he was one of the tallest there and while the other detainees might have killed a guy or twenty, there he was, his hands wiped clean of the murder of someone else.

Once they were inside, a pair of ugly orange jumpsuits were forced into their possession and were escorted to the locker room to change. While Kris didn't mind wearing them, but if he were to ever have been seen in them, he would not hear the end of it. In the locker room, they had the short pleasure of having their handcuffs removed. While they were still connected together by the shackles on their ankles, having their cuffs off even for a minutes was like heaven on Earth. With his newly freed hands, Kris decided to stretch and with doing so, he happened to expose quite an area of his stomach.

"Keep it movin', pretty boy," one of the guards taunted and gave his shoulder a hard smack with his baton as he passed by him.

"ing ," he muttered, rubbing at the area he knew was going to be bruised in the morning.

"Excuse me?" The guard turned around and approached him, his baton firmly gripped in his hand. "Would you like to repeat what you just said?"

Kris scoffed and kept his focus forward. With ease, he retorted, "You heard what I said." The room filled with oohs and Kris now had everyone's attention, including the other guards at the ends of the line.

"I could have you out of here in a se-"

"Good," Kris interrupted, "'cause I'm not guilty." The room was once again filled with oohs and everyone was reaching over trying to give him five. Even the other guards tried holding back their laughter.

Reaching the cell block of the jail, one by one, everyone was given their cell number. While the names were being called, Kris absentmindedly tried separating his cuffs by pulling them apart. His name was the last to be called and the cell he was staying in just so happened to be right behind him.

"That one there," the warden pointed behind him. Without saying a word, his handcuffs were removed and he stepped into the place he would be living him for quite a while.

"Kris, is it?" a voice asked from behind him. There was a man already in the cell, lain on the bed with his arms crossed behind his head. "Tao, Sehun." He pointed to the guy above him.

"Sup." Kris quickly jerked his head up.

"So... what are you in for?" Tao asked, swinging his legs over the side of the bed to look at him.

Kris shrugged, "I don't know. I can't remember a thing. I'm innocent." Sehun peered down over the railing at Tao before bursting into laughter.

"If you're innocent, then I'm Brad Pitt," Sehun managed to say in between laughs.

Tao let out a long breath before speaking again. "No, really, Kris. What are you in for?"

"No one likes to admit to the stuff they've done wrong but hey, you've got to have a reason to be in here."

"Not to mention, this is the side of the jail where you must have really done something bad 'cause I know they don't just randomly put people into 'Rena 3 for nothing," Tao added.

"I'm serious, I don't remember a thing. All I remember is getting caught. That's it." Kris crossed his arms and went to lean against the sink.

"That's weird," Sehun stated blankly before laying back down. Kris's attention was then to Tao who had been staring intensely at him for the last minute.

"Can I help you?" Kris asked, his voice drowned in sarcasm.

Tao shook his head and looked away. "No, it's just- wait. Sehun, he's the guy they were talking about last week, right?" Sehun shot up from his piece of crap bed and fully observed Kris who was seemingly lost and confused by their sudden remembrance.

"That's him."

"Yeah, it's definitely."

"Okay, slow down here. Who am I, exactly?"

"You're Kris Wu from The First Legends, the most famous group of serial killers in all of China."