Phase Six

Brain 2

|Brain 2|

 

A finger jabbed itself into Yuri's waist, causing the tan girl to jump and throw a glare to the person who had done it. Jessica sat beside Yuri on the couch, looking mighty guilty.

 

"Are you mad at me?" The petite girl asked in a small tone, seeming sad.

 

Hearing Jessica's weak tone, Yuri's demeanor softened, "I'm not mad," She shook her head, "I'm just..." She trailed off.

 

Jessica waited for Yuri to continue, her eyes blinking in an almost adorable way.

 

Not knowing what to say, Yuri concluded with, "I'm not mad."

 

Jessica still continued to wait, and that's when Yuri realized that Jessica wanted her to continue on.

 

"It's just..."

 

The brunette waited again as Yuri contemplated on what to say next to the four year old.

 

"You can't kiss me like that, okay?" Yuri began to scold the girl lightly, "Girls don't kiss each other on the lips like that."

 

Almost immediately, Jessica replied, "But why can boys and girls do it but not girls and girls?"

 

Yuri's eyes widened at the question. She made a mental note to tell her father that Jessica did not have a mind of a four year old.

 

Right now, it seemed like Jessica had the mind of an eight year old.

 

"It's just like that, okay? Don't ask questions."

 

"Why can't I ask questions?" Jessica asked.

 

Yuri took a deep breath, "Okay, now you're getting me mad. Stop asking questions." She stated, tone raising.

 

Jessica's lips pressed together as she silenced herself. Yuri watched at how Jessica lowered her head and folded her hands against her lap.

 

Those were obvious signs that the other girl was upset.

 

"Jessica." Yuri called out but was given no response.

 

"Jessica." Yuri repeated in a softer tone.

 

Said girl whimpered and stood from the couch before hurrying off to her room. Yuri huffed her cheeks up before going after the girl.

 

As expected, Jessica was cuddled up with her Pikachu pillow between her legs. She hugged the poor stuffed animal tightly, squeezing the fluff out of it. Literally.

 

Yuri began to walk closer and it was obvious that Jessica was avoiding her eyes.

 

Sitting down on the bed, Yuri watched as Jessica scooted a noticeable distance away from her.

 

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you, Jessica, but you can't just ask questions like that, okay? Especially not in public." Yuri spoke in a kind tone. 

 

Jessica took a moment to reply, "But why can't I ask you questions?"

 

"I'm just not comfortable with the questions you ask, okay?"

 

"I'm sorry." Jessica whispered, burying her face into the Pikachu pillow. Yuri let out a soft smile, "It's alright."

 

Yuri could hear the front door of the house close and open before she heard her mother's voice ring out.

 

She grinned, "My parents are home, let's go eat dinner."

 

-

 

"Bubble bath." Jessica tugged on Yuri's hand.

 

"I know, Jessica, I know. I'm setting it up right now." Yuri nodded, turning the water on before filling the tub with the soap that soon began to bubble up, filling the bathroom with a vanilla scent.

 

"Here, get in." Yuri stood from her kneeling position and watched Jessica step closer to the bath.

 

For some reason, Yuri had an itch that Jessica would slip, and so she gently took hold of Jessica's hand and carefully helped the brunette into the bathtub. Jessica smiled, "Thank you"

 

"Call me when you want to get out, okay? I have to go do homework."

 

-

 

"You're taking us to the beach?" Yuri deadpanned.

 

Mr. Kwon nodded, "Yep."

 

"Dad, it's not summer yet."

 

"But your school year is ending soon, so that means it's almost summer."

 

"Don't you have to do some sessions with Jessica or something? Why are you suddenly bringing us to the beach?"

 

Mr. Kwon rolled his eyes, "Lighten up, Yuri. Think of this as a gift for working hard all year and a break for Jessica."

 

"Fine... Can I bring Minho?"

 

"No."

 

"What?! Dad, please."

 

"No boys."

 

"But you're a boy."

 

"No teenage boys. Just you, Jessica, and I."

 

"Fine."

 

"Would you call Jessica out from her room and help her get ready? We'll leave in about an hour."

 

Yuri kept grumbling to herself as she walked down the hall to Jessica's room and Mr. Kwon smiled and shook his head at his daughter's attitude.

 

Entering the room, Jessica was, as usual, watching TV and hugging her pillow. Yuri walked over and shut the TV off, recieving a loud whine from Jessica.

 

"We're going to the beach, get up." Yuri ordered. Jessica complained, "I was watching cartoons!"

 

"You can watch cartoons later, come on, get ready."

 

"Hmph." Jessica huffed.