Phase Four

Brain 2

|Brain 2|

 

"I don't like him," Jessica stated bluntly, staring at the boy who was seated directly across from her at the dining table. Yuri gently slapped the girl's shoulder, "Hey, Jessica, that's not nice to say,"

 

Jessica stared at Yuri, then back at Minho, then back at Yuri. Her eyes shifted to the food on her plate as she used her fork to play around with the green peas, "I still don't,"

 

Mr. Kwon raised an eyebrow at Jessica's behavior but didn't question it. He cleared his throat,"So, Minho, how are your grades in school?"

 

Minho smiled a bright smile, "I'm an honors student, sir,"

 

"Honors? What is that?" Jessica questioned, looking up, "Is that bad?" She seemed slightly hopeful for a moment.

 

"It's good," Minho answered, eyeing Jessica, "I have all good grades, all A's,"

 

"Oh," Jessica replied, immediately back to her cold, uninterested face, "I'm full,"

 

"You barely ate anything," Yuri pointed out, looking at Jessica's full plate. Jessica stood up, "I'm still full," she repeated, standing from the table and escaping to her room. Yuri blinked twice at Jessica's sudden attitude and looked back at Minho.

 

"She's usually not like that," 

 

Minho gave a small chuckle, "It's okay," he smiled as Yuri, "She's the patient, isn't she? I understand," Mr. Kwon gave a smile at the two of them.

 

"I approve,"

 

-

 

"Yah, you didn't have to be so mean to him, Jessica," Yuri chided as she walked into Jessica's bedroom after saying goodbye to Minho. Jessica was watching TV while cuddling with her Pikachu pillow. A mere glance was thrown over to Yuri before Jessica continued to stare at the TV.

 

Yuri knew that Jessica was upset with her but she couldn't quite understand exactly why Jessica was upset.

 

Jealousy was the only answer, and the thought made Yuri chuckle a bit.

 

"Do you want more ice cream?" 

 

Jessica didn't answer, though the cold look on her face did waver. Yuri frowned a bit, Jessica never turned down ice cream. Suddenly, a guilty feeling filled Yuri. After having Jessica always clinging to her and annoying her, Yuri had become accustomed to it and now that Jessica was angry at her, it felt odd.

 

"Well," Yuri leaned on the door way and Jessica's eyes slowly shifted to Yuri, "Bubble bath?"

 

The brunette shifted but did not get up.

 

Yuri raised her eyebrows, "With extra bubbles?" Yuri's lips extended in a wide smile as Jessica placed the Pikachu pillow to the side and reached out her arms. Walking over, Yuri placed her hands under Jessica's arms and lifted the girl up easy.

 

"Yah, you have two legs, you know?" Yuri chided lightly, feeling Jessica's legs wrap around her waist and no response came from the girl.

 

Chuckling at the scene, Mr. Kwon continued to his bedroom as the two girls entered the bathroom.

 

-

 

"What do you do at school?" Jessica asked quietly as she watched Yuri do her homework on the couch, the ice cream off of her cone. Yuri shrugged, "We learn,"

 

"That's it?"

 

Yuri nodded.

 

"That seems boring,"

 

Looking up, Yuri laughed a bit, "It is, but you get to meet new friends there so it'll kind of be worth it,"

 

Jessica hummed, "When can I go to school?"

 

Yuri focused her attention back to her worksheet, "I'm not sure, Jessica. You gotta ask my dad," she replied. Jessica pouted, "I want to go to school," she grumbled as she munched on the last bit of her ice cream cone.

 

A laugh escaped Yuri's lips, "No," she shook her head, "No, you do not," Jessica looked at the pencil in Yuri's hand, "Why not?"

 

"It's a lot of work, and I don't think you could handle it, considering your condition and all,"

 

Jessica crossed her arms, "Of course I can,"

 

"Jessica–"

 

"Why can't I?"

 

"Look–"

 

"I'm not stupid,"

 

"I never said–"

 

"You're stupid,"

 

"Hey! How does–"

 

"You—"

 

"Jessica!" Yuri exclaimed and Jessica pouted and slouched in her seat, releasing a huff. Yuri rolled her eyes, "You've become a lot more talkative,"

 

Jessica gave a scowl and Yuri stuck her tongue out at the girl.

 

Mr. Kwon walked in at that moment and raised his eyebrow, "Sometimes I wonder who has the four year old brain between you two," 

 

Yuri opened in disbelief and before she could say anything, Mr. Kwon spoke, "Come on, Jessica, session time. After this, we're going to go see your parents for dinner,"

 

"Am I going too?" Yuri spoke up and Mr. Kwon nodded, "Of course,"

 

Jessica pouted as she followed Mr. Kwon into his office.

 

-

 

"Ehh," Jessica made a noise as she attempted to cut her steak. Yuri watched the girl next to her struggle for a few minutes before stepping in and taking the knife and fork from the girl, "Let me do it," she mumbled, cutting the girl's food into small piece.

 

Jessica smiled as Yuri finished cutting, "Thank you, Yuri," Yuri nodded and looked up, surprised to see all eyes on her.

 

"W-What?" she asked as everyone had smiles that would categorize as creepy.

 

"That was nice of you," Mrs. Jung pointed out as she glanced at Jessica who was now munching on her steak pieces.

 

Yuri felt her cheeks warm up and she scratched the back of her neck, looking down at Jessica, "It was nothing,"

 

-

 

"I gotta go pee," Jessica pouted. Yuri looked around and saw that the other adults were still busy eating and that she and Jessica were the only two finished. 

 

"I'll go with her," Yuri stated and stood from her chair, "Come on, Jessica," she called out to the brunette, holding out her hand for the girl, who immediately took hold of Yuri's hand and interlocked their fingers.

 

Mr. Jung turned to Mr. Kwon, "Your daughter is very thoughtful of Jessica," 

 

In response, Mr. Kwon nodded and watched the two girls walk to the bathroom, "Yeah, yeah she is," he grinned.

 

"Jessica seems to like her a lot too," Mrs. Jung smiled. Mrs. Kwon gave a light laugh in agreement, "Of course, she's always besides Yuri 24/7 at home,"

 

"They seem to fit well together," 

 

"Yeah, they do,"


 

AND CODE-SOSHIFIED CAN I HUG YOU UGH THIS IS ADORABLE THANK YOU SO MUCH