Phase Five

Brain 2

|Brain 2|

 

Jessica pouted as Yuri held up two dresses in front of her, "Choose one, Jessica," she said. Jessica shook her head, "I don't want to go,"

 

They were going to a fancy dinner with Jessica's family again.

 

Yuri sighed and sat on the bed next to the brunette, "We're only going out to eat. It'll be fun, okay?"

 

"Can I stay home?" She asked, hugging Yuri's arm tightly, eyes wide with innocence. Yuri almost actually said 'Yes'.

 

"No, Jessica. I can't let you stay home alone. Now choose which dress you like better,"

 

Jessica let go of Yuri's arm, "Hmph," she breathed out, crossing her arms. Her face showed the upmost of disappointment, "I want to stay home,"

 

"Jessica," Yuri cooed,  "It won't be that bad. We can get some macaroni and cheese for you there, okay?" Her fingers began to casually run through Jessica's silky hair. Jessica pouted, "I want to stay home," She repeated, head landing on Yuri's shoulder.

 

"I'm sleepy," Jessica stated, closing her eyes.

 

"How about you take a nap for about two hours, then we'll go?" Yuri suggested, wrapping her arm around Jessica's shoulder.

 

"Okay," Jessica mumbled.

 

"Okay," Yuri smiled, about to stand up so she could tuck Jessica in but the other girl wouldn't let her stand. Instead, Jessica lightly pulled Yuri down onto the bed with her, "Sleep with me," Jessica ordered.

 

"Yah, I said for you to take a nap, not me," Yuri said. Jessica hugged Yuri around the waist, "Please?"

 

Yuri sighed and relaxed a bit, arm still wrapped around Jessica's shoulders as the girl laid on her chest, "Fine,"

 

Jessica smiled contently and snuggled closer to Yuri, "Thank you, Yuri," 

 

"Take a nap, Jessica," Yuri said softly, tightening her hold on the petite girl. Yuri felt Jessica's breathing become steady and it was obvious the girl was now sleeping. A smile fit itself on Yuri's lips.

 

She used her free hand and fixed Jessica's fringe. She grew quite fond of Jessica, despite her being annoying at times, Jessica made Yuri's life brighter and much more fun.

 

"Sleep well, Jessica," She whispered, planting her lips on Jessica's forehead.

 

-

 

Mr. Kwon smiled as he explained the situation to the Jung parents, "They fell asleep together in Jessica's room, it was absolutely adorable," he laughed as the two teenage girls to the side smiled shyly.

 

Mrs. Jung spoke, "I'm so glad Jessica has become close with Yuri,"

 

"Yeah," Mr. Jung nodded as Yuri lowered her head to hide her pink cheeks.

 

-

 

"Yuri," Jessica mumbled, shuffling her feet across Yuri's room. Yuri peeked an eye open, still half asleep, "Jessica?"

 

Jessica shifted her weight between her two legs, head down.

 

"What's wrong?" Yuri asked groggily.

 

Jessica didn't answer.

 

"Did you have a nightmare?"

 

She nodded.

 

Yuri shifted her body, making room for Jessica in her bed. Jessica immediately slid into the bed, the warmth of Yuri's body and the soft blanket engulfing her.

 

Lazily, Yuri wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist from behind, not totally aware of her actions due to being half asleep. Jessica leaned back into the girl's embrace, her earlier fear due to her nightmare totally washed away.

 

-

 

"Okay, bye, Minho," Yuri smiled, leaning in and pecking Minho on the lips. The boy grinned and waved before leaving the house. Jessica watched from the living room and let out a scowl, "Did you just kiss him?" she asked.

 

Yuri nodded slowly, "Yeah," She replied.

 

"Ew,"

 

Yuri laughed, "You'll have a boyfriend soon enough and you'll understand,"

 

Jessica shook her head, "I don't want a boyfriend,"

 

"You won't say that in the future," Yuri grinned as Jessica's head landed on her shoulder.

 

"What about..." Jessica trailed off, "A girl.. friend?" she asked.

 

Yuri's eyes widened, "Eh?"

 

"Can I have a girlfriend? I don't want a boyfriend," Jessica asked innocently.

 

"N–No. No, girls are for boys and boys are for girls," Yuri explained carefully.

 

Jessica didn't seem to get it. She furrowed her eyebrows, "Says who?"

 

"What?" Yuri's eyebrows lifted.

 

"Who says that girls are for boys and boys are for girls?" Jessica sounded a whole lot more mature than the first time Yuri talked to her.

 

"Look, Jessica, it's just the way things ar–" Yuri started but was cut off.

 

"What if I want a girlfriend? Who says I can't have one?" Jessica sat up straight, looking at Yuri straight in the eyes.

 

"That's not.. People won't like that," Yuri struggled to form words. Jessica seemed to serious about the topic.

 

"I can't have a girlfriend?" Her head cocked to the side in curiousity.

 

"It's not that you can't, it's that people won't like the idea of it," Yuri stated.

 

Jessica pouted, "I don't care what people think,"

 

Yuri let out a breath, childish Jessica was back, "Don't worry about it too much, Jessica, you're not going to have a boyfriend or a girlfriend any time soon,"

 

Jessica huffed, "I want a girlfriend,"

 

Yet again, Yuri's eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat, "Hey, don't say that,"

 

"Why not?" Jessica turned her head.

 

"Just don't. Especially around my parents and around your parents, okay?"

 

"So can I say it around you?"

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, "Jessica, stop talking about wanting a girlfriend,"

 

"Would you be my girlfriend?"

 

"No!"

 

Jessica pouted, "You won't be my girlfriend?"

 

"No, Jessica, I wouldn't. I have a boyfriend, remember?" Yuri was slowly losing her patience. She hoped Jessica would drop the topic soon.

 

"The one that you kiss?"

 

"Yes, Jessica. The one that I kiss,"

 

"Would you kiss me?" Jessica asked as if it were nothing.

 

"Jessica, stop talking,"

 

"You wouldn't kiss me?"

 

Yuri was on the verge of pulling her hair out.

 

"No, I wouldn't,"

 

"Not even once?" Jessica asked in a small voice.

 

"Not even once," Yuri confirmed, standing from the couch.

 

Jessica stood as well and everything happened quicker than Yuri could comprehend.

 

"Fine, if you won't kiss meI'll kiss you," Jessica said quickly before going on her toes and pecking Yuri on her lips before rushing off to her bedroom, leaving Yuri shocked.

 

Jessica just kissed her.

 

What made Yuri even more shocked was, she liked it.