Phase Two

Brain 2

|Brain 2|

 

"Wake up, Jessica," Yuri grumbled, pushing the body that was covered in blankets. After a minute of no response, Yuri tried again,"Wake up," she said, raising her voice higher. There was a grumble and a groan and Jessica turned her body, her back facing Yuri. The tan girl turned Jessica around, "Get up," she ordered.

 

Jessica whined and opened her eyes slightly, bringing her fists up and rubbing her eyes, blinking twice at Yuri. Yuri resisted the ruge to curl her fingers and toes, "Get up and go brush your teeth, breakfast is ready," she stated, turning around and beginning to walk away until Yuri heard a loud whine that came from Jessica. Yuri her feet.

 

"What? Are you a dog or something? Stop whining,"

 

By then, Jessica had sat up and was now fully awake. She brought her arms out to Yuri, who stared at her, "What?" she asked. Jessica made a high pitched noise and held her arms out even more. Yuri walked over, "What do you want?" 

 

She was surprised when Jessica jumped out of bed and into Yuri's hold. With quick reflexes, Yuri caught the girl who was now clinging on her, legs around her waist and arms around her neck, "What the fu-" Yuri paused, stopping mid-swear.

 

Jessica nuzzled her face into Yuri's neck and Yuri had no choice but to carry Jessica to the bathroom, "I really can't believe I'm doing this," she mumbled as Jessica's breaths turned steady.

 

"Yah! Don't fall back asleep!" Yuri yelled out, squeezing Jessica's waist, emitting yet another whine from Jessica. Yuri arrived in front of the sink and tried to set Jessica down but to no avail.

 

"Get down, you need to brush your teeth," Yuri ordered, slowlying losing patience.

 

Jessica shook her head, burying herself further more into Yuri's neck, "No," she mumbled. Yuri clenched her jaw, "Jessica," she spoke in a warning tone.

 

"No," Jessica repeated.

 

"Do you want me to brush it for you?" Yuri offered. Jessica then nodded, making Yuri sigh deeply as she set Jessica onto the sink counter, grabbing a new tooth brush, "When did I become your mother?" she muttered, putting toothpaste on the brush.

 

"Open," Yuri ordered as she held Jessica's chin with one hand and the tooth brush in the other. Jessica did as told and Yuri brushed her teeth for her.

 

After sucessfully brushing Jessica's teeth, the two went down for breakfast to see that all the maids, butlers, and chefs were busy doing their jobs, rushing around and such. Jessica, who didn't want to get lost, clung onto Yuri's arm. Yuri grimaced but let Jessica hold on to her as they walked to the dining room.

 

Mr. Kwon and Mrs. Kwon were already there, eating. Mrs. Kwon looked up, "Oh, Jessica, you're awake," she smiled as Yuri and Jessica sat down.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, "Why was I the one to wake her up?" she asked with attitude.

 

"Seriously, Yuri," Mr. Kwon spoke, "Jessica's going to live with us for a while so you might as well get used to her,"

 

Yet again, Yuri gave a roll of her eyes, "Whatever,"

 

"Why? Did Jessica do anything bad?" Mrs. Kwon asked.

 

Jessica watched the conversation between the Kwon family with an innocent look on her face.

 

"Yeah, she did-" Yuri started before 'accidentally' connecting eyes with Jessica. Yuri immediately stopped talking once she saw the pure look in Jessica's eyes and she looked down at her plate, taking a deep breath, "No, nothing really,"

 

Mrs. Kwon couldn't keep the smile inside at the way Yuri backed down at one look from Jessica, "Alright, well, eat up," she smiled widely.

 

-

 

"Yuri, take her with you," Mr. Kwon ordered as Yuri put her jacket on, ready to go to the market. Yuri paused and stared at her father in disbelief, "What? Are you kidding me?"

 

"No, I'm not. Take Jessica with you,"

 

"Why don't you start doing some tests on her or something?" Yuri asked in annoyance.

 

"I'm not going to start any sessions with her until next week. I want her to be comfortable, now take her," he turned to Jessica," Jessica, honey, go put a jacket on," then he turned back to Yuri, "Go help her put it on," he ordered.

 

Yuri sighed and she knew better not to talk back as she walked to Jessica, who was holding the jacket. Yuri put the jacket on Jessica grumpily, "There, now put your shoes on," Yuri mumbled and Jessica did as told.

 

The two left the house and began to walk to the market, which wasn't far from the mansion. Though they could have a butler drive them, Yuri preferred to walk considering the nice Spring weather they were experiencing at the moment. It was only the afternoon and Mr. Kwon sent Yuri off to get some groceries.

 

Mr. Kwon never liked sending maids or butlers to go shopping. He figured that Yuri should learn to do things like this on her own. Maids and butlers were mostly last resorts for things like this.

 

"Walk faster," Yuri ordered as Jessica walked slowly behind her. Jessica blinked at Yuri, who had stopped walking.

 

"Hurry up," Yuri grumbled, grabbing hold of Jessica's wrist, gently dragging her the rest of the way to the market.

 

Arriving, Yuri kept a firm grip on Jessica's wrist, "Do not get lost,"

 

Jessica squrimed, "A-ah, it hurts," she whispered, trying to pull away. Yuri immediately let go of Jessica after hearing the girl voice out her pain, "Oh, sorry," Yuri apologized and repositioned her hand to hold Jessica's, enveloping the other girl's hand.

 

"Better?" Yuri asked as she began to walk with Jessica, who nodded in response, giving a small smile to Yuri.

 

The tan girl nodded once as she grabbed a shopping cart.

 

"Good, I have to take care of you or my father will kill me," Yuri grumbled as she felt Jessica's fingers interlock with her own. They walked around the market like that as Jessica watched Yuri get the necessary items before putting them in the shopping cart. Jessica nearly ran off when she saw the ice cream section if Yuri hadn't been holding her hand.

 

"Hey, don't run," Yuri scolded, pulling the girl back. Jessica whined and reached out for the freezer containing all the ice cream. Yuri rolled her eyes, "We aren't here for ice cream, let's go," Jessica whined even louder and Yuri took a deep breath, "Stop it, Jessica,"

 

"No," Jessica whined, turning and looking up at Yuri with large eyes that were beginning to tear up. Yuri widened her eyes, "Oh no, don't cry, please don't cry," Jessica pointed to the ice cream with her free hand, still looking at Yuri with teary eyes, "Ice cream," she mumbled, lips trembling. Yuri sighed, "Okay, we'll get ice cream,"

 

Jessica immediately smiled, her eyes disappearing as Yuri walked closer to the ice cream, "Which one?" she grumbled. Jessica pointed to the chocolate one, "That!" she exclaimed in a high pitched voice, causing Yuri to cringe, "I can't believe I'm getting this for you," Jessica smiled smugly as Yuri put the container of ice cream in the cart, "Let's go," she mumbled as they walked to the check out.

 

Yuri looked over at Jessica as they walked home with a grocery bag in one hand of each while the other hand held each other's. The tan girl let out a scoff, taking care of Jessica was definitely going to be an adventure.

 

-

 

Brain got featured \o/ so, welcome all my new readers! I've changed this story plot three times lol but this is the last plot change! I promise!