Donghae's Story

Difference Doesn't Matter

Chapter Three: Donghae's Story

I opened the store's door and looked for Yuri. She was in a two-seat table, eating her banana split, her favorite.

Yuri is very fond of ice cream, and her most favorite is Banana Split. She would always force me to come with me, but doesn't really buy me one too. Not that I want to, though.

I walked towards her, "Hey, Yul." I said  to her.

She looked up and stopped eating her ice cream.

Her expression changed, happy to annoyed.

"Oh, it's just you." She repeat what I said this morning.
I sighed. "You're so childish." 

She bolted up from her seat. "Shut up!" She looked away. 

She blushed. 

"Hm? What're you blushing for, Yuri Ice Cream?"

"S-S-Shut up! And who said that I was blushing?! No way!" She sat again and continued eating her ice cream.

I sat at a seat.

"So, you said you wanna treat me, huh?" I smirked.

She gave me an annoyed look. 

I smiled. "Can I pick now?"

She looked away and nodded.

I then ordered.

After that, we talked, argued, fought, laughed & played with each other.

Then, I saw someone; Donghae.

"Hey, Donghae!" I shouted at him.

He looked at me. He smiled and ran to me.

"Yo, Kibum! Yo, Yul!" He patted my back. "On a date?"

"D-D-Date?! No way!" Yuri protested.

Donghae then laughed. "Still the grumpy Yuri?"

"Actually, she just wants to treat me."

"With ice cream?" 

I nodded.

He fakely sighed and patted Yuri's head. "How childish, little Yuri..."

Yuri shouted at him. "SHUT UP!"

I laughed at the two.

"So, how's Yoona doing?" I asked Donghae.

I didn't know what gotten into me. Why did I asked him that?

Oh, I forgot to mention. Donghae has a girlfriend. Her name is Im Yoona. She's a model, a really pretty girl, but not really my type. But, when Donghae was still a gangster, (he was a gangster one year ago) a random group beaten up Yoona, and that made Donghae really furious, he even killed one guy in that group (not kidding!) So, Yoona is still in the hospital, recovering. It's been one year, and she hasn't attended class until now. But, Donghae always visits her.

He didn't reply to my question and looked away.

Yuri pulled my collar and whispered, "You idiot! Why did you asked him that?!"

Then, Donghae looked at us again and Yuri pushed me back.

"S-So, Donghae, what brings you here, by the way?" I asked him, hesitating that he might even beat me up.

"Nothing really." He gave a weak smile.

I looked at him, of course worried.

{Donghae's Point Of View}

I smiled at them weakly.

When Kibum asked me that question, I felt pain in my chest. It's like, my heart stopped beating after that question.

Then, I said to them, "I have to go now. Sorry, I can't hang out with you guys." I gave a sorry expression.

"Oh, It's ok. Bye then." Yuri smiled and waved goodbye to me.

I walked away.

Where am I going? To her, of course.

I opened the door to her room and saw her as usual, laying in the bed, watching the other patients on her window.

"Yoona." I closed the door and walked to her.

"Donghae." She smiled. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Fine," She answered immediately. She sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, even though I already knew the answer.

"It's just that.... I wanna go outside."

I looked at her with pity. "Yoona....."

She gave a fake smile. "It's ok, Donghae. Don't pity on me. I know that someday, I'll be able to walk again, and I'll go to the places I used to go to."

There was a long silence. 

"Yoona....." I called her.

"Mhm?" She looked at me again.

"Why.... Why do you still hope... that you can walk again?"

She frowned. Tears were flooding her eyes, but she still managed to stop the tears to not flow.

"I-I know that because... I have you by my side, Donghae." She smiled again, the smile I had always loved about her.

I immediately hugged her, and tears flowed into my face, because of the fear of losing Yoona.

"Yoona, I know it hurts, so don't hide the pain anymore. Seeing you suffer more is like torturing me. Please, don't leave me here...." I told her.

I felt tears flowing in my shoulder, and saw that she was silently crying.

"Donghae...." She cried loudly while hugging me.