Chapter 2

So Call Celestial Well

In the modern era of Beijing

Li Hua POV

Sigh. A Saturday in the city and i didn’t buy anything; how depressing. At least the food festival was good; so much free food and drinks. Very delicious. Well, it’s getting late; might as well go home. Waiting for the bus =.=. So long is the bus late or something? I might as well listen to some music. I take my iPhone out; hey look the battery is still full. Anyway i press play and my playlist shuffles to B1A4’s Baby Good Night. I love this song.

Baby Goodnight, jaljjayo Goodnight
Geureom nan Dancing, Dancing, Dancing in the moonlight
Woah~ Woah~
Meori soge oneul kkeudaega eomneyo

Baby Goodnight, jaljjayo Goodnight
Geureom nan Dancing, Dancing, Dancing in the moonlight
Woah~ Woah~
Mianhaeyo oneul kkeudaega eomneyo

I do the dance with my arms and the few people who were waiting for the same bus just look at me with the ‘I’m judging you look’ so i stop. The bus finally arrives and i get on the bus. The bus trip was about 15 minutes and it was kind of boring so i just stared out the window. The sun was setting pretty slowly. So i have enough to get home before it gets really dark. Soon the bus stops and i get off. It’s only a 5 minute walk home so i take my time. As i was walking i stopped, because of these strange lights coming from the old, abandon temple. I went to a small shrine in on the left of the temple and opened the door. Not only did i see a small well in the empty room but there was this strange white light coming from the well. I was sacred but i went in deeper into the room. I dropped my phone but i didn’t really care because my curiosity took over me to get closer to the well. I mean i could always pick it up later. I walked up to it and the light looked like it was in my reach. I stretched out my arm and let my hand touch the light. But as soon as i touched it this force pulled me into the well. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” i screamed as i was pulled in. I didn’t realise i closed my eyes but i opened them and all i could see is this light purple light in the distance and i was heading straight towards it. Soon the light dissolved and my head landed hard on the ground. “Owww....God that hurt!” I yelled as i put my hands on my head and rubbed it so the pain would disappear. I got up on my feet and looked up. “Hello?” A deep voice called from up above. I can’t really see this person’s face but judging from his voice he sounds like a young guy.

 

Back in Ancient China

Kris POV

“Seriously Advisor Choi you are introducing to me these ladies on the third days after Princess Sulli left” I am really pissed off that people are constantly pressuring me to have a wife and produce an heir. It is really doing my head in. All i want is to fall in love my own way. Not because of people forcing to completely different puzzle pieces to fit. Sigh... i need time to think. “Please leave” I said as calmly as i can. “But your highness” he tried to speak. “I SAID LEAVE!!”  Rage outburst. I walked out of the throne room and around the palace halls to calm down. After a while i realised i was in the palace gardens. Wonder how i got here. I might visit the old well at least that is the only place that i love the most. I went to sit next to the well and placed my hand on the side of the well.  “What happened to you?” i sighed as i leaned my head against it enjoying the cool breeze. BANG! A rumble in the well disturbed the peaceful silence. “Owww....God that hurt!” i heard someone’s sweet voice yelled out. I got up and looked inside the well “Hello?” “Huh? .... Umm Can you please help me out of here?” a girls asked. I can’t see her face clearly; maybe if she comes out i could see her face more clearly.  “Grab my hand” i reached down for her and pulled her up. “Thank you” she said once i got her out of the well. “Where am I and why are you wearing those weird clothes?” she thinks my clothes are weird but this is what Emperors wear. I mean my father wore something like this. “Huh?” She started looking down at her own clothes “Why am i wearing these clothes? What the heck is going on?” she looked like she was freaking out.

20091229233514.jpg

(This is what Li Hua was wearing when she got out of the well)

“Wow...Calm down” I grabbed hold of her arms and stared deep into her eyes. She is beautiful in her own unique way. The ladies I’ve met are pretty but they seem to look the same but this girl in front of me is different. “My name is Kris and I’m Emperor of this kingdom” I told her and let her go. “Wait... did you say Emperor?” i nodded and her face seemed more confused like she didn’t believe me. “Yeah right... if you’re an Emperor then I’m a duck” “You’re a duck?” she is a strange girl. “No I’m not a duck. I just don’t believe you’re an Em-p-” someone interrupted us. I turned around to see it is only Adviser Kyungsoo. “Your highness...who is this?” “She just came out of the well” I told him. “Really?” He looked like he didn’t believe me but he went up to her and placed his hand on her cheek and then his eyes became wider then they were before. “She really isn’t from our world” he said facing me. “I just told you that she came from the well” “But that isn’t possible. I mean she has the beauty that is not of this world. Could she be a celestial being” Kyungsoo took another look at her. “I’m right here; and what this talk about celestial beings is?” she spoke up. We walked up to her and i asked her “Are you a celestial being?” “No...I’m human why and what is this place?” she asked again. “Miss i know you haven’t been here that long but that is not the way to be talking to the Emperor of China. “Hush Kyungsoo” i told him. “So you really are an Emperor?” she asked me staring into my eyes. “Yes i am. I told you before” i repeated myself. “I  ...Uh...” suddenly she fainted.