Chapter 1

So Call Celestial Well

Kris Pov

“Ahh..... I can’t keep doing this. I don’t love her” Emperor Kris said as he was put his hands through his hair. “Then just tell her exactly that” Adviser Kyungsoo told him. “This has been the longest ‘relationship’ you have been in; I mean it’s like the what, fourth month now, your highness” General Tao stated. “But if I tell her, she might get angry and cause war. I can’t let her hurt this city” Emperor Kris said as he thought about the horror the might be caused. “That is why you tell her nicely and softly. Don’t make your words snap her” Adviser Kyungsoo advised him. “Fine, I might as well meet with her now” Emperor Kris said as he got up and walked through the many halls of the palace. As he walked a young lady bumped into him. “Um... I’m sorry” she said as she got up. “Princess Sulli, are you alright?” Emperor Kris asked as he helped her up. “I’m fine. Um... I was just looking for you your highness. There is something I need to tell you” Princess Sulli paused as she lightly dusted her clothes before giving Emperor Kris a slight bow. “I have something to tell you too but you go first” Emperor Kris said. “Well... We have been seeing each other for about four months be I can’t marry you. I don’t feel that way about you. I hope you understand” Princess Sulli told him and he was surprised that they both felt that they both didn’t have feelings for each other. Kris tried several times to speak but he could due to his joy. “Please say something” Princess Sulli was getting a bit scared because she wasn’t getting an answer. “Well.... I know how you feel because I couldn’t see you in that way also” Emperor Kris finally answered. “Well, I’m glad to hear that. I’m heading back to my kingdom tomorrow but I hope that both our kingdoms can be great allies” She told him as she excused herself back to her room to pack. Once she was gone Kris started thinking ‘When am I going to find someone I can truly love.’ He sighed and started wondering the palace. Suddenly Miss Hyeri a daughter from the powerful Lee family eagerly walked up to the young emperor and started to flirt with him to get some attention “Your highness the weather is nice today. How about we have some tea together?” “Hello Miss Lee. Sorry I don’t feel like any now” the young Emperor politely declines. “But you highness-” It took one glare for Hyeri to shut up and moved out of his way. As he continued to walk Park Luna a daughter from the Park family (Who aren’t as powerful as the Lee family) stopped and greeted him. He nodded at her and walked past her. He liked how she wasn’t as annoying or clingy as Hyeri but he doesn’t have any feelings for her. As her walked out into the huge garden he stopped at a spot where he would visit every single day. The ancient celestial well where celestial maidens use to come out of as a gift from the King of the heavens. But sadly the well stopped working and everyone gave up hope on the well except Kris. He sat next to the well everyday and would talk to the well.

He put his hand on the cold, hard stone of the well “You know I managed to tell Princess Sulli today that I didn’t love her. I’m glad that also she didn’t have feelings or me either. But I really want a person to love though. People keep saying that I should get a wife so that there will be an heir but I just want someone to love and have them love me back. Someone who I can hold on to and keep by my side.” He looked up at the sky and continued to think out loud. “Whoever you are I hope we can meet soon?” The wind suddenly got stronger and something (like a speck of dust) went in his eye which made him look down and a tear dropped from his eye and landed in the well. When his eye was better he heard one of his servants call for him; telling that dinner is ready. He nodded and said that he would be in soon. He gave one last look at the well; touched the cold surface of the well and retreated back into the palace.

In the modern era of Beijing....

Author Pov

“Li Hua Hong!” the teacher called Li Hua. “What were you doing last night that made you sleep during my class? This isn’t like you” “Sorry Miss I was applying for extra college credit” Li Hua woke up and answered her. “You still have next to do that.” The teacher told her. “But I don’t want to rush it next year” Li Hua answered her. “Fine, Next time go to sleep earlier or at least use your spare periods to sleep” her teacher gave her the first and final warning.

Li Hua is a high school student and will be in senior year next year. She isn’t one of those lame nerds that are always stuck in their books and study. She just had the brains. She lives alone since she never knew her parents and when she was young her foster parents didn’t give a crap about her. So she was taken in by a nice couple and that took great care of her until she turned 16. When the couple died in a car accident and she was able to inherit the wealth of the family. Her family wasn’t wealth but it was enough for her to live off in an apartment and not have to work.

Anyway it was Friday and school had finished. Li Hua went home to her apartment and organised her books on her shelves, changed and made dinner.

Li Hua POV

“Rice today was great” I praised myself about the dinner I cooked. I cleared up the table and washed the dished. I then went out to the balcony and stared out to the night sky. Suddenly I saw fireworks lighting up the night sky. I think I was coming from the houses near the old shrine but I didn’t really think about it that much. Instead I just admired the amazing colour that lit up the night sky. Sigh. Al that’s missing now is a guy to enjoy the view with. I hope I can find a guy to be able to do romantic stuff with. I looked at the clock inside; 11: 30pm. I yawned and the fireworks ended. It’s getting late. I’ll start on homework tomorrow. I went inside, locked all the doors and windows and went to bed.

Author POV

What Li Hua didn’t know was that it wasn’t fireworks. It was this spiritually power coming from the well at the old shrine.