06: First Guilt

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

 

...  Jiyong

 

Those two syllable words had been invading not only my mind but, yes, also my house.

 

For the past few weeks, Jiyong would suddenly appear infront of our doorstep.

 

At first my father and most especially my obnoxious brother would literally block the front door just so Jiyong would have no choice but to turn his back and go home. I don’t know when and how but after several attempts, and of course some bribery in the form of pizza and chicken, Jiyong had finally succeed on stepping beyond the front door.

 

He’s now allowed to enter 3 particular area of our house. 1: Living Room, 2: Kitchen, 3 Downstairs’ bathroom.  While the rest is still off limits.

 

Ofcourse I was flabbergasted. I don’t know if they just didn’t get it or they just don’t care about my opinion, but I clearly told them that Jiyong is strictly my FRIEND only. What’s his difference between Donghae and the rest of the gang, when they could freely roam both downstairs and upstairs of our house but Jiyong couldn’t?

 

Sanghyun didn’t buy my ‘Friend’ excuse. He told me Jiyong had to abide the house rules for a year before they would truly trust them.

 

Imagine me rolling my eyes as my brother and my father made a long speech about what to do and what NOT to do with boys.

 

Are they kidding me?? I’ve been friends all my life with the majority of boys and here they are lecturing me about them?

 

I dash out of the house the minute I heard the word ‘’ coming out of my brother’s mouth. Uuuugh!!! I figured I had enough.

 

So, after 5 minutes of half-walking/half-running away from my annoying family, I found myself on a nearby park, sitting comfortably on one of the swings. Aaaahh.. peace and quiet. With my earphone securely plugged on both my ears and the new mp3s loaded on my phone, plus the new book I bought for myself yesterday, opened on my hands. I was lost on my own dreamland.

 

It was almost dusk when I realize my stomach grumbling out of hunger.  I already texted my mother that I’ll crash at Bom’s place for awhile since my ears are pretty beat. All thanks to my brother and father’s undying concern. (note the sarcasm)

 

Unfortunately, Bom and her family is out for the weekend, so… I got nowhere to go but here.

 

Aisht.. what I would do for some fish cake or some kimbap right now. I heartily imagined those foods in my head as I rub my stomach.

 

 

Then an idea hit me!

 

I’m such a genius! I mentally pat myself on the back.

 

I pulled my phone from my side pocket and dialed his number.

 

 

“Yeobseyo?”

 

“Ji!! Are you hungry??” I cheekily asked.

 

“Nope. why?” he asked.

 

I pouted. “Nevermind.”

 

“Hahahaha!” I heard him chuckled. “I’m kidding Dee, what do you want? Deokboki? or kimbap?” he asked as if he just read my mind.

 

“Yah how’d you know??”

 

“Dara, you only call me for two reasons. One, when you’re hungry and you don’t have anyone to bring you food and two, when you’re hungry and you’re lazy to cook for yourself.”

 

“Har har! Very funny Kwon Jiyong.”

 

“What? I’m only saying. Ok, give me one instance that you called me that has nothing to do with food?” He dared.

 

Hmmm.. I think about the first time I, myself, willingly called him just because I stumbled upon a very tempting and scrumptious burger on the internet. The diner is just a couple blocks away from our house. I tried calling Eunhyuk but he said he was busy, I wanted to call Donghae but stopped when I realize he has a girlfriend, so the only one left of my friends who has a means of transportation at their expense, is none other than Kwon Jiyong.

 

“Ok fine! Made your point! Come here now! I want Kimbap and oh! bring some coke too!!”

 

“Why? You don’t have coke on your fridge?” He asked.

 

“I wouldn’t be asking if there is,” I said matter of factly. “and besides, my fridge is a block away. And I still don’t want to go home. My brother is a pain in the neck”

 

“hahaha! Arasso, so where will I deliver the food your highness?” he playfully said with an accent.

 

“The park just around the corner after you past by our house, you’ll never miss it. It’s the one with several swings and seesaw.” I softly chuckled.

 

“Arasso. Your wish is my command.” and with that he cut the line.

 

I smiled knowingly while staring at my phone. I don’t know what’s our relationship, but I’m pretty sure I’m happy I’m friends with him.

 

After our ‘non-official first date’ last month, we grew closer. I never thought we would surpass our closeness during our night calls.

 

Of course, he still calls me at night talking anything under the sun. Sometimes he would make me listen to his new composed songs. And because of him, I now grew an unusual fondness to music. My brother almost choke when I brought home one day a poster of ‘The Cranberries’ and post it on my room. And would you believe that I now have a list of my favorite songs and bands. Hooray for me!! Trust me, IT IS something to be proud of. And it didn’t stopped there, I even went to the MALL! Ok, Bom almost fainted when I asked her to accompany me. But she instantly scowled at me the moment I went in a music store and buy some CDs

 

What’s wrong with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter