Friday

A Week

“I got a call from you on Friday…”

 

“Jinri-ah, wake up honey. You’ll be late for school! Jinri-ah?”

                Jinri didn’t even bother to answer her mother. She just put the pillow over her face and wrapped herself with her blanket.

“HAN JINRI! YOU BETTER GET YOUR OUT OF YOUR BED OR ELSE I’LL CALL YOUR APPA WHO’S BUSY WORKING ON CHINA AND TELL HIM THAT YOU HATE HIS BEIJING FRIED RICE!”

                Jinri cringed at the thought of her appa crying over the phone because his most precious and only daughter hated his Beijing Fried Rice. She doesn’t hate her appa’s fried rice, it’s just that she hates eating the dish three times a day whenever her appa doesn’t have a business trip to China. She didn’t move an inch when she heard the door clicked open.

“HAN JINRI!”

“E-E-Eomma~” She called, he voice cracked.

“Omo!” Her mother rushed to her side. “Are you okay baby? Why does your voice sound so hoarse sweetie? I better call you father!”

She grabbed her mother’s wrist, “N-N-No need eomma. I just don’t feel well and I can’t go to school today.”

“My poor daughter is sick. Eotteohke? Your father will kill me if something happens to you!”

She sat up, “Eomma. I’ll be fine. Don’t get so sulky. It doesn’t suit you.”

She cupped her daughter’s face, “You know I always get scared to death when you’re sick Jinri-ah. I almost lose you when you’re still a baby...”

“Awww… Eomma, don’t cry! I’ll be fine! Look, you won’t lose me because of a fever.”

“But…”

“Just let me rest so I can get well by tomorrow.” She smiled and wiped her mother’s tears.

“Okay my precious one.” She kissed her daughter’s forehead.  “I’ll just make you some porridge; have some medicine and go back to sleep.”

“Eomma~”

“Hmmmmm? Yes my dear? Is there anything you need?”

“You know what, I confessed my feelings accidentally.”

 

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥

 

“Jinri’s absent?” Hyukjae asked.

“Yeah. Is she absent? I haven’t seen her around.” Donghae said.

“She’s absent because she’s not around. Aigoo~ think Donghae! Think!” Hyukjae snapped.

“Shut up monkey face. As if you’re not an idiot…” Donghae deadpanned.

“Why is she absent?” Sungmin asked.

“Is she sick? Something urgent came up?” Ihyeon also asked.

“I feel incomplete.” Seryeong said.

“No one daydreams about Jongwoon sunbae.” Yeonhee commented, not tearing her eyes away from the book that she’s reading.

“Yeah I agree with you Yeonhee-ah.” Youngwoon said.

“I won’t get to witness the daily lunch ritual. Jinri and Hyukjae would always bicker over a strawberry milk carton. Sometimes, Donghae joins them and adds more fun.” Kyuhyun said and heaved a sigh.

“And why the hell are you guys looking at me?! Seriously, I’m having my lunch here peacefully!” Ryeowook snapped.

“You would be the first person to know the reason why she’s absent.” Ihyeon said.

“How would I know? She’s definitely angry at me.” Ryeowook’s voice cracked. “It’s not my fault, right? Is it my fault? I tried to warn her but the idiot won’t listen! Am I the one who should be blamed for her accidental confession?!”

                Sungmin gave Ryeowook his hanky and patted the latter’s shoulder.

“Console the crying giraffe. It’s harder to deal with a sulky giraffe rather than comforting a fuming raccoon.” Kyuhyun stood up and left the classroom.

 “What did he say?” Youngwoon asked.

“Nothing. Kyuhyunie just wanted to get on your nerves just to have some fun. Just ignore my twin brother.” Ihyeon said.

“Okay~”

“You rarely get so worked up these days Youngwoonie.”

“Really? You’re not kidding Ihyeon-ah?”

                Ihyeon nodded.

“Yeah. You rarely lose your temper these days. I’m so proud of you Youngwoon.” Seryeong said and patted him on his shoulder.

Youngwoon rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. “Jinjja? Maybe it’s because I found a fallen angel.”

 

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥

 

                Jinri groaned and sat up straight. She glared at her innocent phone ringing for the second time. She peeled off the fever patch and threw it across the room due to her great annoyance. She got a glance on the unknown caller ID flashing on her phone screen which made her roll her eyes.

“Who on earth will decide to give a damn phone call in the middle of the night?!” She muttered through gritted teeth.

                Her phone stopped ringing. After five minutes, her phone rang again. This caller is persistent, huh, she thought. She wanted to ignore the call but her subconscious kept on nagging that she should answer the call. She sighed in defeat and answered the call.

“Yobosaeyo?!” She said flatly.

“Jinri-ah. I’m sorry to wake you up…”

“Your apology won’t ease my annoyance. Just what are on earth are you thinking?! Don’t you know that it’s too late to give fxckin’ phone call?! Why now?! My head hurts more hearing my phone ringing so fxcking late at night! What the hell.”

The caller chuckled. “I am terribly sorry Jinri-ssi.”

“And you have the fxckin’ nerve to chuckle?! Oh great! I’m really pissed off. Damn it!”

“You speak very colorful Jinri-ah. I should’ve believed Ryeowook’s stories about you. Look, I am really sorry for making this call at this very hour. I was debating with myself earlier if I should call you or not since I got your number from my cousin. He has nothing to do with it so please don’t get angry at Ryeowook. Uhmmmm. I really gathered all the courage I needed… Jinri-ah, can we meet tomorrow? Let’s meet on the park nearest to our school. I’ll be waiting for you.”

“Why should I meet you tomorrow? Give me fifty valid reasons.”

“Fifty?” The caller chuckled again.

“This fxckin’ guy really got into my nerves. But his low, husky voice is very soothing…” Jinri thought. “Yes. Fifty. Can’t even give one reason huh dummy?”

“One reason equates to fifty reasons that you’re demanding from me Jinri-ah.”

“Oh. You’re confident huh? What is it then?”

“The only reason why you should meet me tomorrow is because you like me. Go back to sleep Jinri-ah. Sweet dreams.”

                The caller hung up. Jinri was stunned. ‘What on earth did he mean by that, who on earth is he? why does he know Ryeowook?’, she wondered until she drifted back to dreamland.

 

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥