Thursday

A Week

“I get nervous on Thursday…”

 

                Endless tossing and rolling on the bed didn’t do anything good to Jinri the next morning. She didn’t get any decent sleep. The so-called “love” letter from the anonymous sender really shocked the hell out of her. She’s only an ordinary student being friends with a bunch of loveable idiots enjoying their high school days. Her best friend, Kim Ryeowook, a giraffe –loving freak and looks totally innocent. Well in fact, he’s insolent. The saying “Looks can be deceiving” applies to him. Lee Hyukjae, the monkey who has this gummy smile, she can’t remember how they became friends actually. Lee Donghae is also her friend. Well, Hyukjae and Donghae always come in package; those two gullible, child-like teenagers were totally inseparable. There’s another package deal included in the circle, the Cho twins. Cho Kyuhyun and Cho Ihyeon are fraternal twins. Then, there is Han Seryeong, the person in the who’s most well-behaved. She’s a role model of good character and until now, Jinri wonders how Seryeong became friends with a bunch of childish idiots. Kim Yeonhee, the person who seemed to look like she won’t give a damn to the world, but if you get to know her, she’s the opposite of everything that she shows in public. Kim Youngwoon, the guy who appears so tough but actually he’s gentle and thoughtful and lastly the guy who loves pink and bunnies named Lee Sungmin completes Jinri’s circle of friends.

                JInri groggily dragged herself out of her bed and started preparing for school.

“Eomma! I’ll go to school now!”

“Okay~ have fun and take care my dearest! Aigoo~! Heebum! You lazy fur ball! !@#$%^&*()!!!”

                Jinri closed the door gently and chuckled as she heard faint curses spouting from her mother. Ah~ Heebumie, the diva cat, would always make her mother’s day. She placed her hand on her chest and wished that the stupid heart of hers to stop beating crazily. Why is it beating so fast in the first place?! As if someone would approach her at the biggest tree in the campus and would tell her that he’s the one who sent the letter to her. Han Jinri, that letter is only a prank. She shrugged and started walking.

“I know this is creepy but I always look at you whenever I have the chance…”

“Creeper…” She shook her head to get rid of those words and continued walking.

“I feel so happy every time that I see you laughing and smiling. You always look so bright whenever you talk with your friends. Okay… I’ll be honest… I feel a pinch of jealousy and sometimes… I hope it was me who’s talking to you… I just… I just don’t know how will I approach you…”

She closed her eyes and heaved a sigh. “What the hell… Of all people out there in school, why would someone take interest on me?! Geez! Is he crazy?! Is he making fun of me?! Is he making a fool out of me?! Aish!” She muttered through gritted teeth as she waited to cross the street.

                The honking of the horns and the chatter from the crowd didn’t distract her. She let her eyes roam around and find something or someone who will catch her attention. But as she glanced sideways, a familiar pair of almond-shaped eyes turned into half-moon slits as the said eyes met hers. He was smiling at her. Those eyes sent her into a trance. She went back into reality when she heard someone cleared his throat. She looked at the other side and found her best friend, Ryeowook standing beside her.

“Good morning Jinri-ah!”

“G-G-G-Good morning Jongwoon-ah.” She greeted and focused her eyes at the stoplight. She felt the colors rose on her cheeks.

                Jongwoon smiled sheepishly and raked his hand unconsciously through his raven hair.

Ryeowook leaned closer to her and whispered. “Stuttering, huh?”

                Jinri furrowed her eyebrows. She stepped on Ryeowook’s foot intentionally the moment she realized what the other meant.

“Ouch! Ya! What was that for?!” Ryeowook angrily asked.

“My morning greetings for you idiot. I’ll go ahead now. See you at the classroom!” She walked away from them as soon as the pedestrian lights went green. “What the hell… Aish! Stupid feelings and fluttering butterflies!”

 

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥

Students were scattered around the campus after the classes ended. Jinri, Ryeowook and Yeonhee, Hyukjae, Donghae and Seryeong were sitting under the shade of a huge tree.

“Hey~ looks like our Ryeonggu is mad at you Jinri-ah.” Ihyeon said as she sat on the vacant spot next to Ryeowook.

“Yeah. Our Ryeonggu is throwing death glares to you Jinri-ah.” Youngwoon said and leaned his back on the trunk of the tree.

“Who wouldn’t get angry if someone stepped on your foot intentionally?! It felt like a flat iron fell on my poor foot!” Ryeowook whined.

“You’re just exaggerating things Kim Ryeowook! And besides it’s your fault!” Jinri defended.

“My fault?! Ya Han Jinri!” Ryeowook stood up, his arms flailing everywhere. “You should spend less time with Yeonhee. I didn’t know violence can be contagious.”

                Jinri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Why did he mention my name?” Yeonhee asked as she removed an earplug from her ear, completely not aware of what’s going on.

“Nothing Yeonhee-ah. Just don’t mind them.” Seryeong said. “Where’s Sungmin and Kyuhyun by the way?”

“Making out.” Hyukjae said flatly.

“What?!”

“The monkey-faced moron said that Sungmin and Kyuhyun got into detention.” Youngwoon said.

                All heads were turned into one direction when they heard someone shouting.

“IF YOU’RE SUCH A GOOD FRIEND THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE THE THOUGHT OF EMBARRASSING ME IN FRONT OF YOUR COUSIN!”

“AM I EMBARRASSING YOU ON PURPOSE?! I WAS ONLY…” Ryeowook stopped halfway through his sentence when he saw Jinri’s expression. Her face was red as tomatoes and tears were threatening to fall on her cheeks. His eyes grew wide as he saw his cousin walking towards their direction.

“WHAT?! YOU’RE AWARE THAT I… THAT I…”

“Jinri-ah calm down… I… I was…”

“OF ALL THE PERSON HERE IN THE WORLD, YOU AND MY EOMMA KNOWS HOW MUCH I LIKE YOUR COUSIN!”

                Ryeowook froze on his spot. Jinri got her bag and was about to leave her friends. She turned around to walk on the opposite direction and was too shocked to see Jongwoon standing in front of her.

“Jinri-ah…”

“Shoot.”

“Jinri-ah…”

“I need to go now. Just ignore everything  you heard… if you heard anything Jongwoon-ah…”

                Jinri walked as fast as she can, not caring if she bumped on other students.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Ryeowook asked.

                Jongwoon didn’t answer him. He was too busy suppressing a grin that would definitely split his face into two.

Ryeowook gave him a suspicious look. “Hyung, don’t tell me…”

 

 

                If you’re curious of my identity… Just hang around at the biggest tree in our school                          tomorrow. I’ll come. I promise…

 

“Jongwoon hyung… Impossible…” Ryeowook was almost rendered speechless. “Unbelievable.”