Wednesday

A Week

“Should I confess to you on Wednesday?”

 

                Jinri spaced out as their teacher was busy discussing the forever-popular tragic story of the star-crossed lovers. She heaved an exasperated sigh and forced herself to focus on their English class. She wondered why Ihyeon was so active during this particular class, even if the literary piece would the life out of your body because of boredom and the fact that classics brings severe headaches, Ihyeon would still raise her hand, always eager to answer. As she glanced sideways, she saw Hyukjae mouthing some words to Donghae, then Ryeowook pretended that he would throw up at the sight of Donghae giggling and Hyukjae wearing that gummy grin of his.

“What the hell are they doing?!” Jinri muttered.

“Probably imitating that one ed up scene…” Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “O Romeo! Where art thou Romeo?”

                As soon as Seryeong heard Juliet’s line being delivered by Kyuhyun, she already covered with her hands to avoid laughing out loud. Jinri gave herself a mental slap. Yeonhee smacked the boy using her notebook and acted as if she didn’t do anything when the teacher asked why Kyuhyun was giving dagger looks towards his poker-faced seatmate. He rubbed the poor spot where the notebook landed and muttered incoherent words.

                Jinri heaved a sigh and rested her chin on the table. What a usual boring Wednesday, she thought. All of a sudden, an image of Jongwoon giving a sweet smile flashed in her mind. Smiling like an idiot as she remembered seeing the boy when they had lunch, she got her pen and started scribbling something on a blank paper. She scoffed when their teacher described “Romeo”, the male protagonist of a Shakespearean play with sparkle in her eyes. As if Romeo is the most perfect and the only-man- on-earth-whom-women-would-gladly-die-for, she thought. She rolled her eyes when some of the girls in the classroom agreed with their teacher. After few minutes, their classes ended.

“Aish! I’m more awesome and more handsome than him! Romeo is only a fictional character for freaking Pete’s sake! At least I, Cho Kyuhyun, is real and I can make girls fall for me with just a smirk. Right, Yeonhee-ah? Do you agree Yeonhee-ah?” Kyuhyun asked, his face was only few inches away from Yeonhee.

“Shut up idiot. Stop pestering me.” Yeonhee said flatly.

“That emotionless freak! How can she stay so calm and composed when Kyuhyun’s face is only a ruler away from hers?!” Jinri wondered as she watched Kyuhyun continue to bug Yeonhee with endless questions and snarky statements.

Sungmin leaned closer to Jinri and whispered. “She’s dying inside. Look, she’s gripping at the hem of her skirt tightly. She’ll blush furiously any minute now if Kyuhyun will cup her face with his hands just to get her attention. It’s amazing how Kyuhyun can bring such emotions on that icy friend of ours.”

“You knew about… I thought I… I thought I’m the only one who noticed that.”

“Of course Jinri-ah, I am not an idiot and I am not dense like Kyuhyunie.” Sungmin said proudly and gave her a wink.

“Disgustingly cute.” Jinri chuckled.

“Hey Jinri-ah, you know how to write a love letter huh?” Youngwoon asked.

“Surprisingly…” She retorted. “Hey… Wait!”

                She stared at Youngwoon, obviously shocked. He was holding the piece of paper where she poured out all of her feelings. A mischievous smile appeared on his face as he started to run around the room, waving the poor piece of paper in the air.

“Planning to confess huh?” He teased.

“KIM YOUNGWOON! Give it back! YOU FREAKING BEAR! THOUGHTLESS RACCOON! DON’T BE SUCH AN ! GIVE IT TO ME YOU MORON! OH DAMN IT!”

“Woooah~ that’s a load of curse Jinri-ah. You can curse? I never thought my best friend  could…” Ryeowook suddenly gasped and stopped talking when Jinri shot him a death glare.

“Hey Jinri-ah! Someone asked us to give you this.” Hyukjae and Donghae said In chorus as they popped out of nowhere.

“Huh? Mworago?” Jinri stopped chasing Youngwoon and panted.

                Donghae handed a blue envelope to Jinri. She carefully opened the envelope and unfolded the paper. She was amused to see how the writer wrote legibly. Her eyes grew wide as she read what is written on the letter. She read it again and again.

“Ya! What the hell is written in there?! Are you going to be suspended or kicked out or whatever it is?!” Youngwoon asked as he stood beside Jinri and read silently what the letter says.

“Pinch me… Maldo andwae… Am I dreaming?!”

                Youngwoon pinched both of her cheeks.

“Awwwww! Damn it! I’m not dreaming!”

                Hyukjae snatched the paper way from Jinri. The others gathered around him and they read the letter silently. All of them gasped and gave Jinri a questioning look.

“Seriously?!” It was the only word that Kyuhyun muttered as the others were a bit dumbfounded.

 

♥ 슈퍼주니어 ♥