Chapter 1

12:51

Present.

"Miss Shin, you're next." A middle-aged woman announced across the waiting room. Shin ChaeYeon breathe out, silently praying and hoping to passed the audition. She stood up on the couch, her heart beating in nervousness as she walked her way to the room where the audition for SM Entertainment is being held. ChaeYeon, you got this. Her mind whispered. Show them what you got. She breathe again and stood in front of the judges, trying to calm down herself.

"Name?" A woman asked, looking at her with intimidating eyes.

"Shin ChaeYeon imnida." ChaeYeon introduced herself.

She saw the man sitting in the middle looking at her resume. "It says here that you are a singer/song-writer. What song compositions have you already wrote?" The man asked and ChaeYeon flashed him a polite smile.

"12:51." She said, mentioning her first song composition.

"Tell us about this song." The woman on the right side of the man said and ChaeYeon nodded her head a little.

"12:51 is a mellow song... It’s about a guy I met in high school. I was in third year and I thought we had some kind of connection, but it turned out he liked some other girl. So that basically got me writing about it.” ChaeYeon explained, her eyes looking down shyly.

"Is it the song you're going to perform for us?" The man asked and ChaeYeon looked at him, nodding her head with a small smile plastered on her face. "Good luck then, Miss Shin."

 

 

 

 

 

Past.

ChaeYeon sat down on the bench near the gates of the school. It was 5pm and Jong In - her best friend - told her that he'll walk her home today. So ChaeYeon exerts efforts on fixing herself. Before she arrived the gates to wait for Jong In, she asked the help of her friends to apply light make-up on her face.

Because she simply want Jong In to notice her.

ChaeYeon's friends tied her hair in a fishtail braid and they put on a light make-up on her face, revealing the fresh and natural beauty ChaeYeon hides with her huge thick glasses. At first, she was scared of what will the results be but after she saw herself on the mirror, she was satisfied with her friends' work.

She glanced at her wristwatch, seeing the time that says 5:30pm. She looked around, wondering where is Jong In by now. He's late again... ChaeYeon's mind told her but she shook the thought and disappointment off. She doesn't have the right to blame Jong In for being late because she wanted to wait for him and be with him in the first place.

"ChaeYeon-ah!" And the moment ChaeYeon heard that familiar tone, her lips curled up into a small smile. She looked up and there she saw Jong In walking to her direction. "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late. Basketball practice." Jong In sat down next to her, dribbling the ball.

"It's okay. I arrived... Just now." ChaeYeon replied, looking at him and silently hoping he'll notice the change in her looks. "Jong In..."

But Jong In is too busy dribbling the ball.

"Jong In-ah!" ChaeYeon pouted her lips and Jong In looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Mwo?" He said, grinning and continuing to dribble the ball on his hand.

That's when ChaeYeon realized that Jong In is always oblivious towards her. She let out a small sad smile as she looked away to gather her things.

When will Jong In looked at her?

 

 

 

 

 

ChaeYeon went out to her room's veranda to watch the stars. She sat down on the floor with her guitar on her lap. All of her efforts are wasted once again.

"Hey."

She looked to her side, seeing her neighbor LuHan hanging out alone in his room's veranda. They both lived in apartments and their rooms are adjacent to each other with verandas. She actually met this good-looking guy there. Same spot. Same time of the day. Night time. Where everyone are already asleep from the whole day's work. "Hi Lu."

LuHan flashed him a sweet smile. "I thought you're already asleep."

"I couldn't sleep." ChaeYeon replied back. "Why are you still up?"

"Couldn't sleep either." LuHan said, gazing at the stars.

"Want to go out for some snack?" ChaeYeon asked and LuHan nodded his head eagerly.


103013.

Author's Note:

First update, yay!

Don't be confused, dearies. The first part of this chapter is the present time. It means, the whole story will be wrote in a flashback style. Kekeke. So for the first chapter, you can all see that Jong In and ChaeYeon are already friends. Best of friends, actually. ChaeYeon is nursing some affection and love for Jong In while the guy, is too oblivious to notice it. Ugh. Good thing there is LuHan, the cute boy next door. Kekeke. Who's up for the next update?

Leave comments, arrasso? ^^,

Plugging:

Untitled - Kai | Jih Kyo | Kris

We Found Love - Kai | Hyun Joo

One and Only You - ChanYeol | Ri Na

But Kai is Kai - Kai | Yoo Mi | SuHo

Man-Hater - Kris | Ha Na

Credits:

“It’s about a guy I met in high school. I was in third year, and I thought we had some kind of connection-ish, but it turned out he liked some other girl. So that basically got me writing about it.” - Krissy. <3