Chapter 2

One and Only You

Ri Na went downstairs dressed in her school uniform. She was glad to see ChanYeol already in their house, sharing breakfast with her family. She let out a small smile every time her parents and little brother compliments ChanYeol's appearance, personality and all. Well, they obviously like Park ChanYeol.

"Good morning!" Ri Na greeted them happily as she walked her way to the table. She sat down next to her best friend and everyone in the table greeted her back. "I see you guys making ChanYeol blushed again!" Ri Na grinned, poking ChanYeol's blushing cheeks.

Ae Sook, Ri Na's mother replied with a smile on her face. "Well, ChanYeol-ah really is a handsome man, Ri Na."

Ri Na nodded her head in agreement and wanted to tease ChanYeol more. "I agree, umma! Girls in our school are head over heels for him." She glanced at the guy beside her and laughed when she saw his cheeks painted with deep pink.

"Jinjja? I bet you already got yourself a girlfriend then." Hyun-Shik, Ri Na's father questioned ChanYeol with a barely raising brow.

Ri Na paused for a moment, her heart starting to beat fast. It was one of the questions she would never want to hear being asked to ChanYeol. Because she isn't his girlfriend and she thinks she never will be. She glanced at him only to see his eyes looking down shyly and a slight smile appearing on his lips.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Sir." ChanYeol answered Hyun-Shik's question shyly.

Ri Na continued putting some rice on her plate when her mother asked another one. "But you have special someone neh~ ChanYeol-ah?"

ChanYeol looked into Ae Sook's eyes, nodding his head politely and sincerely. "I just hope that when the time comes I am ready to confess my feelings for her, she'll accept me."

"Oh she will, ChanYeol-hyung!" Tae-Hyun, Ri Na's younger brother joined in the conversation. "I know she will!"

"We will see." ChanYeol smiled at the little boy happily, his confidence boosting up. He silently wished that Ri Na will accept his love and shower him back with her love too. He silently prayed that in the future, they will be what their families been hoping and dreaming for the two of them. Yes. ChanYeol knew how much their families wanted him and Ri Na to be a couple. ChanYeol knew how much it will make them happy once they saw him and her hand in hand as lovers.

But Ri Na was thinking the opposite.

She remained silent when her family and ChanYeol continued to talk. Sometimes she will let out a smile, trying to make them think that she was actually listening but the truth is, she'd been thinking about who is the girl special to ChanYeol.

Of course, it's not you. Ri Na's mind said to her and she frowned a little. It will never be you Ri Na, so quit dreaming.

"Hey..." Ri Na's thoughts were suddenly distracted when ChanYeol held her arm to get her back into reality. She looked at him a bit bewildered.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? Your mom is talking to you." ChanYeol couldn't deny the worried look on his face.

"A-Ah. Mianhe." Ri Na looked at Ae Sook and arched a questioning brow. "Mwo?"

"I was asking you if when are you going to buy a dress for the Prom? It's happening in a week, right?" Ae Sook repeated her question a while ago and Ri Na shrugged her shoulders unknowingly. Her mother sighed. "Alright. ChanYeol said he'll buy later after school. Why don't you buy with him?"

Ri Na only nodded her head and continued eating. Little did she know, her mother's smiling happily inside because she gets the two of them together again.

Well, Ae Sook always encourage her daughter to invite ChanYeol after school and asked him to help her with her daughter's homeworks. She thinks in that way, the two will always have a quality time together.

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you so quiet today?" ChanYeol asked, poking Ri Na's cheek.

Ri Na faced the road and answered without looking at him. "I didn't sleep well last night." She lied. "That's why I am not in the mood for jokes." She added, turning around the corner and seeing the gates of their school.

"Oh..." ChanYeol looked at her and sighed. He knew that Ri Na is a very moody person and he didn't want her to be mad at him.

"You didn't tell me that you already have a special girl in your life, Channie..." Ri Na looked down, biting on her lower lip. Her heart is clenching in so much pain and jealousy. She's been asking herself who is the lucky girl ChanYeol likes.

ChanYeol stopped in his steps and pulled Ri Na gently to him. "Hey. Look at me." But Ri Na was too stubborn to follow him. Her head is still looking downwards so ChanYeol held her chin and tilt her head gently, making her face him. "Are you mad because I didn't tell you about that girl?"

"You were supposed to tell me everything, Channie..." Ri Na looked away, removing ChanYeol's fingers on her. "Why? Because you think I couldn't keep a secret?"

ChanYeol was a bit amused at how Ri Na is reacting about the 'special girl' of his life. His smile widens, he wondered if she was really disappointed about not telling her or if she was jealous for knowing there is a girl he had his eyes on.

"Woah. Too much PDA!" Eun-Ji, one of Ri Na's best friend teased the two of them. She smiled widely, closing her eyes, pretending she was a bit disgust about what she is seeing right now.

Ri Na rolled her eyes away from Eun-Ji and continued walking, pulling the girl with her. "It's not PDA, Eun-Ji."

"Oh, what do you call it then?" Eun-Ji smirked at Ri Na and she just shrugged her shoulders. Eun-Ji shook her head and looked over her shoulder. "Annyeong, ChanYeol!"

ChanYeol smiled a little in return. "Annyeong, Eun-Ji." He replied, walking beside the girl and eyeing Ri Na at times. But even after they entered the gates of the school, his best friend never glanced at him again.

 

 

 

 

 

"ChanYeol likes another girl." Ri Na sighed deeply and stared outside the window of their classroom. It was their lunch break and she refused on going out with ChanYeol to the cafeteria.

Eun-Ji patted Ri Na's head. "Do you know her?"

Ri Na shook her head and eyed her best friend. "No." She glanced back outside the window, thoughts of how ChanYeol was happy talking about that girl flashed inside her head again. "He likes her. A lot."

"And that's the reason why you're ignoring him today?"

"I knew he won't like me too." Ri Na's tears starts to form on her eyes and she leaned back to her seat, staring at the ceiling, making her tears went back to wherever it came from.


110213.

Author's Note:

I've tried to update this last night but I am too tired so forgive me. What matters the most is that I already updated neh~? Kekeke. So umm, there will be a series of misunderstandings (just like in the original story) and who are excited to see how ChanYeol will try to woo his Ri Na? Yes. Unlike the first story, here in the new version, ChanYeol isn't as stubborn as Ri Na. ^^,

I also would like to give credit to my awesome and pretty cousin/niece ~ kp1128 for helping me come up with an idea for this update. Kamsahamnida, Kat! <3

Plugging:

But Kai is Kai - Kai | Yoo Mi | SuHo

Man-Hater - Kris | Ha Na

12:51 - Kai | ChaeYeon | LuHan

May December Relationship - Kris | Eun Mi

Sweetest Downfall - Lay | Eun Ae