Breaking Apart

The Ice Princess's Love Story

 

 

Jessica wakes up by the constant ringing of the alarm clock. She groans as she quickly shuts if off, she doesn't want to wake Sunny up. Sunny stirs a bit but then continue to drift back into her dreamland. Jessica picks herself up and drag her body into the bathroom to get clean up.

 

After cleaning up, she goes downstairs to prepare breakfast. She is not that good in cooking but she has no choice, her parents is not there. After searching the kitchen, she decides to cook ramen noodles for Sunny and her. She tears open two packets of ramen and throws the noodles into the pot with water. 

 

She stares blankly at the backyard of the house from the kitchen window as she waits for the noodles to be cook. Her mind starts to wander around, She's missing Jiyong. She takes her phone on the dining table that she placed earlier and looks at the wallpaper. The picture in it never fails to bring a smile to Jessica's face. It's their 100th day together. In the picture, she was smilling shyly when Jiyong pecked her cheek. It's her first time being kiss by someone other than her parents that time. Jiyong is her first love and nearly everything that is done together with him is the first time.

 

It's been almost two years since they are dating, many of her friends tell her that she need to give Jiyong 'Something' that is more than just kissing. But Jessica still thinks that they're still too young for those stuffs, plus, she believes Jiyong. She is suddenly reminded that today is her 2nd year anniversary with Jiyong. She curses herself for nearly forgetting that. She keeps hitting her forehead with her palm when suddenly....

 

"UNNIIEEEEE!!!!!!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Seunghyun ah!! Wake up!! " His mother yells from the kitchen. "You're going to be late for work."

 

You might be wondering, why is Seunghyun even working in such a young age. Well, if Yoona's parents are able to send her to U.S for futher study, Seunghyun's mother are only able to let him finish highschool. His family is not as rich as Yoona's but that doesn't keep Yoona from backing off from him. In fact, Yoona is attracted to him because unlike other rich boys, Seunghyun is a rather kind and careful person who always cares of someone else's feelings. 

 

And eventhough that Seunghyun can only finish highschool and need to work at a young age, he doesn't blame anyone or anything, he just accepts it. For him, her mother is strong enough to let him finish highschool. At the age of 2, his father leave him and his mother for another woman and since then, they never heard about his father again. 

 

Seunghyun starts to groan and sits up on his bed. He rubs his eyes and slowly opens them. He chatted on the phone with Yoona last night. The call might be expensive but Yoona said that it's okay since she is the one who calls Seunghyun which makes Seunghyun feels even more guilty. For him, he thinks that he is not good enough for Yoona, but Yoona will always scold for having such thinking. For Yoona, love can't never be measure by money.

 

"Seunghyun ah!!!!!!!" His mother yells again.

 

"ARRASO" He shouts back. He doesn't even know why his mother needs to shout, it's not like their house is that big. They just live in the ground floor of the apartment near the place he is working. He stands up and opens the door, he is greeted by a peck on the cheek.

 

"Mommy is going to work now, okay?" Seunghyun's mother, Mrs Choi or better like to be called as Kim Go-eun tells her son.

"Breakfast are on the table. I'll make dinner tonight, be back before 7, arasso? Going now."

 

"Neh... Be safe." Seunghyun yawns and take a sit and starts to eat his breakfast alone, It's been his daily routine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"You're going to U.S wether you like it or not!"  Kwon Jin Hyuk shouts at his son, Kwon Jiyong.

 

"I'm not going...!!" Jiyong counters back. "I.. I have a girlfriend here."

 

"What? A girlfriend?" Jin Hyuk asks sarcastically. "Jessica?"

 

Jiyong is a little suprised that his father knows about her but he keeps his composure and continues to stand still in front of his father.

 

"Yes."

 

"If you really love her, you aren't going to go around and sleep around with other girls!" Jiyong is suprised with his father's statements, since when his father knows so much about him? Did he hires a investigator to spy on his own son?

 

"What? You're suprised now? Do you know that you made me dissapointed?" His father continues to scold him.

 

"Yobo ah... Don't shout at him anymore."  His wife, Park Shin Hye advices him.

 

Jin Hyuk sighs and sits down on his chair. "You're going to U.S wether you like it or not." His tone is dead serious.

 

Jiyong doesn't answer, he just looks down, turns around and runs away from the room.

 

"Don't you think we're too harsh on him?" Shin Hye is worried.

 

"It's for his own good." Jin Hyuk takes her wife's hand and kisses it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"It's all your fault Unnie..." Sunny pouts after ordering their food.

 

"Yah.. You know that I'm not that good at cooking."

 

"I don't even know how you can even burn Ramen noodles."  Sunny sighs " Only god knows how, and because of you, we're going to be late for school."

 

"Yah, are you going to blame all this on me now.?" It's Jessica's time to pout now.

 

"Yes, unless you're going to treat me for this breakfast." Sunny stucks her tongue out.

 

"Arasso..."

 

"That is why I say my sister is the BEST!" Sunny squeals with aegyo.

 

On the other hand, the person who takes their order in the counter, Choi Seunghyun, chukles lightly at their little sister fight, he finds that their behaviour are cute. But unfortunately, his chukles is heard by Jessica. "What are you laughing at?" Jessica asks coldly. Seunghyun is about to crack a joke but when he lifts up his eyes to meet Jessica's. He is literally stunned, perhaps a little scared, it's a mixture of complicated feelings. Her stare alone is able to pierce through his heart and sends chills down his spine. He nervously clears his throat and replies "Nothing.. I'm sorry." He goes back to do his works.

 

"Unnie.. You're scaring him." Sunny cuts in. "Excuse my sister, she's having the time of the month, you know.. Girls stuff.."

 

"Yaa!! Jung Sunkyu!!"

 

"Sorry Jung Sooyeon!" Sunny jokes with her sister and they continue with their little fight.

 

Seunghyun who heard their childlish argument doesn't dare to laugh or chukles anymore, he makes himself like a deaf person. But his mouth accidentally mumbles quietly by itself  "Jung Sooyeon...."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 Jiyong is standing under a tree, waiting for Jessica, he texted her just now to meet him after school under the tree in the park that they always hangout. He looks at the tree trunk, on the middle of it carved the word.

 

J  <3  J

Forever

 

He looks up and lets out a long sigh of despair and suddenly a pair of soft arms are wapped around his waist from behind "OPPA!! I MISS YOU!!"  He just smile, he's gonna miss that sharp dolphin squeals. He unwraps Jessica's arms around him and turns around to face Jessica. 

 

"How are you?" He smiles to her.

 

"Now that I can see you. I'm perfectly fine.." She says and wraps her arms around his. With her acting like that, he knows that he can't break the news to her. Fortunately, he has another plan.

 

"Sica ah.. Let's go to the amusement park..."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hi Fany." Seunghyun smiles  "Wait a while, my lunch break is in five more minutes."

 

"Hi Seunghyun oppa." She flashes her eye smile. "Neh, I'll wait for you. I'll just order an americano cappuccino." Seunghyun nods.

 

Tiffany Hwang, Seunghyun's dearest friend, Seunghyun's secret admirer. Seunghyun had asked permission from Tiffany to teach him english every lunch break and he will treats her lunch in return. For him, It's a chance for him to study english and to suprise Yoona but for her, it's a chance for both of them to get more closer or maybe a chance for him to fall in love with her.

 

Tiffany takes a sit on one of the table which has the best view of Seunghyun. They both are childhood friend and that's when Tiffany had a crush on her. At first, she thinks that it's just a silly little crush but as days does by, her feelings towards him grows, but being the shy her, she never had the courage to confess her feelings to him, hence, she can only admires him from afar just like now. Tiffany takes out her phone, prentending to be checking it as her eyes wanders to the handsome figure in front of her. 

 

 

Seunghyun for her has always has a long hair and because of work, he often pulls his hair up during work times. Before she can finish admiring every inch of the figure, he has sit on the other side of the table, facing her.

 

"I can't learn English by you staring at me only." Seunghyun lays the drinks on the table.

 

"I didn't.." Tiffany denies but she can't stop herself from blushing. "Let's just get started."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Remember to sleep early.. I love you " Jiyong smiles and pinches her cheek.

 

"Arasso oppa...I love you too.." Jessica blushes.

 

"Sica... I.. I'd like you to have this."  Jiyong is a little hesitant but still hands her a letter. 

 

"What's this?" Jessica looks at the envelope, curious about what was written inside.

 

"Just read it the next morning, arasso? No cheating..."

 

Jessica smiles and hugs  "Arasso.. Cheesy much..."

 

She breaks away from the hug and walks into her house while waving to Jiyong.

 

"Be safe and be strong, I love you." Jiyong mumbles when Jessica is out of his sight. 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

New chapter! it's Topsica first ever encounter! xD although it's short but at least Seunghyun know Jessica's name before she knows his. FYI, they're stil strangers.