1

Confiance

“He’s your next target.”

His boss handed him the picture and an envelope. Chanyeol took it, nodded and without a word, he left his boss and head back to his car. It was their way or should be the way of giving missions based on their rules. It’s been already 5 years since he last started this kind of job and now he’s definitely used on his job being very dangerous that his life can be at risk every time he does his mission. His job was to tame master minds of drug dealers, illegal firearms or anything against the law, he should accomplish it without being caught. Chanyeol’s job is to be a secret agent under the government.

He started the engine and drive headed at Gwangju, where his target lives.

Chanyeol was at an apartment that his boss rented for him to work and stay at. He set up his things and materials for searching his next target. He opens the envelope the boss gave him and after reading the informations about his target, named Byun Hongshik, he analyzed his plan to tame the person. Chanyeol never failed his missions. Whenever his boss will give him a mission, he will think of a plan that will surely be used against his target and has a 99% probability of success.

It was already midnight when Chanyeol finished doing his work. After taking a bath, feeling hungry, he decided to go outside for something to eat. He took his coat and opened his door but to his surprise there was a boy standing in front of his apartment and it seems he was about to knock.

“O-oh. Hi!” The guy said while putting down his hands looking embarrassed.

“H-hi. You need something?” Chanyeol asked awkwardly, he thought why would a guy knock on his apartment at this time when it’s already midnight.

“No.. nothing actually. I just want to give you this.” The guy handed him a plastic bag, two cup noodles inside it. Chanyeol just looked at him, confused.

“Since it’s been a year when someone rented on this same apartment as me, I just want to know you at least?” The guy said and Chanyeol took the plastic bag.

“Ah s-sure. I’m Cha—I mean Yeol. I’m Yeol.” Chanyeol said grinning widely and he saw the guy smiled.

“I’m Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.” Baekhyun offers his hand for a handshake and Chanyeol took it feeling something that shivers down his spine when they shook hands.

Despite of the awkward encounter with Baekhyun, Chanyeol became comfortable talking with Baekhyun as days pass by. Every time that Baekhyun would visit Chanyeol at his apartment, Chanyeol will first make sure that everything about his top secret job will be kept and will not be seen by Baekhyun. Chanyeol thought that if Baekhyun knew everything about him, all his plans would be ruined and worst, it will be a mission failed. Chanyeol’s fully aware that it’s not a good idea to get attach to anyone, any person, that’s their number one rule of being a secret agent. But it seems Chanyeol was slowly getting attach to Baekhyun, he can’t help it. Each day, Chanyeol was expecting Baekhyun to visit him every night, so Chanyeol was doing his job every morning that was supposed to be at night.

Chanyeol heard a knock, it was Baekhyun.

Baekhyun always visit Chanyeol at night since he’s at school every morning and his classes were until 6pm.

He brought food as always, it became their routine every night, having snacks while watching movie or sometimes they go out to have a walk. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was a college student with a course of Business Mangement, but he once said that he wanted to be a singer someday. Baekhyun would always ask what Chanyeol’s job was or if he was still studying because they have the are at the same age, Chanyeol will just say he already stopped studying and was already working to earn money. Chanyeol also knew that Baekhyun was living alone at his apartment; he said that he separated from his parents ever since he became 18. Chanyeol already knew many things about Baekhyun but on the other hand, Chanyeol was still mysterious in the eyes of Baekhyun.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun eat together while talking about anything like how’s school for Baekhyun, what did Chanyeol do the whole day. All Chanyeol said was a lie, he said that he just stayed at his apartment the whole day resting when actually he was out, searching for his target. Baekhyun believed him.

Chanyeol was always following his target, Byun Hongshik, every morning. He’s always updating his boss whenever he’s got useful information. It’s been 4 weeks since he started spying his target, and as the days passed by, he was already building his plan to tame that person. Spying every morning and being with Baekhyun every night became Chanyeol’s daily routine. There’s no wonder that all Chanyeol said about what he’s been doing all day was a lie, and Chanyeol’s conscience was slowly striking him.

“Hey Yeol, I won’t be here tomorrow..” Baekhyun said while his eyes were stock on the tv screen. They’re now sitting at the couch, watching a movie.

“Is that so? Why?” Chanyeol asked. Feeling little sad that he will not see Baekhyun tomorrow.

“I need to go somewhere.. “

“Where?”

“To my Father’s house..”

“oh. “

“I don’t want to go though.”

“Then why go?”

“I need to..”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow to what Baekhyun said. Baekhyun never mentioned his father to him so he has no idea who was it that Baekhyun seem to not like his own father.

Chanyeol just look at him with questioning eyes and Baekhyun just smiled at him.

“Guess you’re curious huh.”

Baekhyun said as he move closer to Chanyeol.

“You seemed to be curious all the time.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Your big eyes seems like it’s always seeking for something.”

“I don’t know that.” Chanyeol said grinning. Baekhyun laughed.

They talk and talk until Baekhyun decided to go back to his apartment and the latter went to sleep. Chanyeol will have the whole day tomorrow to do his work since he will not be able to meet Baekhyun at night.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol woke up earlier than before. He plans to execute his first move to tame his target, which is having an appointment with him. While having an appointment with him at his office, Chanyeol will search for some files that can be use for the investigation. He was confident that this first move will be a success.

After getting ready, Chanyeol was now heading at the hotel where his appointment with Byun Hongshik will be held. It was 12 noon. His target only knows that this appointment was about some sort of business, Chanyeol would act that he’s interested to buy his illegal firearms. Of course Mr. Byun will not think twice to meet up with him.

He was now parking his car in front of the hotel. He took his bag and got out from his car. Chanyeol was now at the hotel and he went to the receptionist to ask where the room of Mr. Byun is. The name that Chanyeol gave to the receptionist was Lee Sumin, which is also the name that he gave to Mr. Byun.  It’s one of his ways of spying, changing his name for his own safety.

Chanyeol got the room number and he was about to walk when he saw Baekhyun heading at the elevator. He step back when he saw him, luckily Baekhyun didn’t see him. He wondered why Baekhyun was here. ‘Maybe he will meet his father here?’ Chanyeol thought. He just decided to take the stairs so that Baekhyun couldn’t see him. Third floor, room 0506. Chanyeol searched for the room number.

“0501…”

“0502..”

“0503..”

“0504..”

Chanyeol turned left.

“0505..”

“050—“

At his surprised, he saw Baekhyun went in at the room 0506. The same room he was about to go in.

Chanyeol’s eyes widen. His mind was full of questions. He step back and walk towards the elevator. He walked as fast as he can that he didn’t notice that someone was watching him. It was Byun Hongshik. He saw Chanyeol heading out the hotel.

 

 

 

A smirk can be seen on Byun hongshik’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

*Hello! it's my first time writing fic here in aff so i hope you'll still like it  :) If there's some grammatical or typo errors, sorry for that, please bear with it though. ^^ COMMENTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!