The Move

An Unexpected Journey

T.O.P - POV

When we left the company the tears were still streaming down my face. I just didn’t understand anything and I wanted answers. And the one who had all the answers was there playing games with me. When we got into the car to go home Dae and Taeyang bombarded me with questions all of which I ignored. I was in my own world, thoughts swirling around in my mind. GD just sat there silently across from me with concern all of his face.

Once we got home we went inside I lay down on the couch while the guys just hovered around me unsure of what to do. I decided I owed them the truth, they had given me so much kindness and generosity so that lest I could do was tell them what was going on, though I myself barely knew much of what was happening.

I wiped my tears away and sat up, I beckoned to them to sit down and I began my story. I told them of my adoption, my drug abuse and the death of my adoptive parents. I told them how I came back here to find my real parents and I showed them the locket my adoptive mother had left me. They asked how I knew the President and I told them that I had met him at the club the night I had met them while I was looking for drugs to buy, I wouldn’t dare tell them that he was the one to deal them to me. He was their boss and mine now too, so I couldn’t go around tarnishing his image.

They just sat there silently listening and offering me tissues as I began to tear up again. By the time I was done Dae had tears in his eyes and GD had come to sit next to me while he gently rubbed my back. Taeyang offered some reassuring words and then patted me on the shoulder.

I had only met these guys a little over a week ago and yet they were so understanding, supportive and even offered to help find my parents with me. I had found real friends, friends I hoped would become my brothers in time.

A while after the topic of conversation moved onto the CEO and how he had the exact same locket as me. We were all curious and wondering how he knew so much about me. He had mentioned giving me all the answers I wanted and giving me my dream but how did he know the answers to all my questions? Who was he? Taeyang speculated that he was a family friend of my real parents or someone  my adoptive parents had gotten to help me look for my real parents in case they had died before they could find them.

The one thing that stuck out to me though was that he knew my dream. Since I was a child I had wanted to be a singer and dancer, I had wanted to be famous hoping that maybe my parents would see me on TV and find me one day. However I had never spoken about this to anybody for I believed it was an impossible dream.

Growing up I had never had much confidence in myself and was even embarrassed going shopping. I was shy and isolated. Every time I did try to branch out I was pushed down, I believed the words of the other kids, my teachers and my cold adoptive father. I believed I was useless, talentless, stupid and worthless. So I never believed I was exceptional at singing or dancing, I thought I was merely average and I never thought that I had the looks to become a celebrity. But maybe I was wrong. However I had a horrible feeling that I was only given this opportunity because JYP somehow knew me.

That night the boys and I decided to have dinner at home. We talked, laughed and joked. It was a happy and light evening that made me temporarily forget everything that was going on. Once dinner was over and the dishes were washed we moved to the living room to have some celebratory drinks over our new jobs.

‘Don’t drink too much guys you have to move into the dorm tomorrow!’ Dae yelled as he saw me and GD sculling the last of our beer.

‘What?! We’re moving?’ I asked completely taken off guard.

‘Yeah you’ll be moving in with me and Tae into the companies apartment. Since we’ll be training together we’ll be living together, we were going to tell you after we left the company today but it didn’t seem like the best time…’ Taeyang answered while smiling.

It was obvious he was excited about having more roommates other than Dae. I was glad to be moving in with all of them, they were great guys and to be honest I thought it would be fun living all together.

After all the beer was finished we all collapsed and fell asleep on the floor in the living room. The next morning I awoke with an ear splitting headache, I was hungover and I hated it. I looked around and I was the first to wake up. GD was lying on the floor across from me with a peaceful look on his face. Dae and Taeyang were asleep on the couch but Taeyang seemed to be spooning Dae.

As I got up I accidently knocked a bottle off of the coffee table and it shattered all over the floor.

 

G-Dragon – POV

I awoke to the smashing of a bottle, TOP stood over me frozen with his face scrunched up as if he was hoping he hadn’t woken us. I looked over to the couch and I saw Dae and Taeyang stir, after a minute Dae realised he was lying in Taeyangs arms and that me and TOP were looking at the pair in confusion. Taeyang sleepily sat up with a sly grin spreading across his face as he saw Dae quickly shuffle away from him while blushing and turning his head away from all of us. What was with those two? I had always thought they were close but could they possibly be dating?

After we had breakfast it was about 1pm by the time we finished packing. We had rented out a moving van and everyone chipped in to help. Once everything was sticked up inside it I locked up my apartment for the last time and went to hand the keys back to the landlord. There were so many memories in this place that I was leaving behind. But I would be starting a new chapter in my life with my friends and… TOP.

After watching TOP’s audition and feeling the things I felt while watching him I realised that he wasn’t just a friend to me. He was special, he was someone I looked forward to seeing, someone I was conscious of and someone I wanted to be a part of my future and my dreams. I loved him. I don’t know how it happened but I knew this wasn’t just a simple crush. I was to protect him, I wanted him to reveal things to me, I wanted him to look only at me. But I could never tell him any of this and risk losing his friendship.

Once we arrived at the apartment building we moved all the boxes to our new third floor apartment, it took about 2 hours to finish moving all the boxes and once we were done we all collapsed on the floor completely exhausted.

About 20 minutes later there was a knock at the door. Daesung ran to unlock the door yelling out ‘Manager hyung, where have you been?!’

A relatively young man with a round face and bright smile walked through the door, he saw TOP and I and bowed greeting us, his name was Sam.

‘Sorry I couldn’t help with the move guys I had to go pick up the last member of your group.’ He answered as he stepped to the side revealing a young skinny boy in a suit.

‘Hello everyone, my name’s Seungri, please be kind to me.’ The boy in the suit introduced himself earnestly.

At that moment TOP cursed. ‘, what are you doing here?’ he asked the boy known as Seungri.