Sick Day

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 14 - 22 Weeks and 5 Days

"Hey, are you okay?" Dongwoo asks the younger who was leaning on his shoulder, heavily depending on his set position to keep himself up. 

"No, not really," Woohyun answered sluggishly, almost struggling to sit back up on his own. When he thought he was okay to sit up on his own, he ended up just falling right back against Dongwoo in failure. The sudden movement startled the little girl inside of him and she must have moved her head because it was a massive passing underneath Woohyun's skin. 

"Should you be at school today?" Howon asked out of concern. His best friend had been groggy and quiet ever since he first arrived to their early morning spot in the choir hall way. In fact, the first thing he did was crash into Dongwoo to use him as a pillow. 

Woohyun groaned and attempted once more to sit up on his own before speaking. He actually managed to do so, but his arms were giving out as they propped his torso up, "It's pregnancy nausea. If I were to stay home every time I felt sick, I would miss every day of school." 

Even with the explanation and logic the pregnant male provided for his two present friends, the two seniors still eyed him with worry and concern for his well being, "You guys, it's just been a bad day." 

Howon nodded slowly and looked back down at his textbook, a snarl escaping his lips, "Curse these teachers and their homework," Howon growled, "Giving us a five page essay to write only using the information in our books." 

"Why don't you just cheat and look up information online? I'm sure it explains it better than this freaking book does," Dongwoo suggested, taking the book from his fiancé's hands. 

Howon gasped exasperatedly, "Cheat? On a paper?! Jang Dongwoo, that is not right at all," he scolded, snatching the book back from his elder fiancé, "Cheating is against my principles. 

Dongwoo chuckled, "And that's why I know we'll always be together," he said, reaching over and bringing his fiancé closer in a hug, "I love you," he whispered cheesily as he placed a soft kiss against Howon's hair. 

Woohyun groaned and rolled his eyes. His stomach was hurting him as though he was going to throw up. Which he was probably going to end up doing, but that was still unlikely. He rarely got sick outside his home. He placed his hand over his large bump and felt the little girl inside flutter her feet across his womb. Woohyun smiled blissfully as he felt his daughter move around, instantly feeling better. 

As time went by, the three youngest of the group finally showed up, "What took you all so long?" Howon asked, almost sounding as if he was scolding them for being as late as they were. 

Sungyeol sheepishly smiled and brought his hand forward. Clenched in between his long and slender fingers was a Starbucks coffee cup. It was massive and the dark liquid was still hot judging by the way the wisps of steam curled through the hole. 

"Lee Sungyeol! What did I tell you about drinking coffee?" Woohyun calmly scolded, finally regaining some color and animation. The pregnant male then turned his gaze to Myungsoo and Sungjong, "Why would you buy him that? And Jjongie, too!" 

Sungjong too had a plastic coffee cup clenched in his hand. The kid was too young to be drinking the stuff anyways, "They begged for it," Myungsoo fought, waving his hands all over to try to get his point across. It wasn't working. 

"I don't care," Woohyun snapped then out his hand and pointed to the garbage can a good ten feet away, "Throw them away," he ordered. 

Sungyeol brought the cup down from his lips and pouted while delving into Myungsoo's arms for shelter, "But my Myunggie bought it for me. I can't throw it away," he buried himself into Myungsoo's neck and looked like a cute kitten. 

But Woohyun didn't see a cute kitten. He saw the one drink that worsened his morning sickness. He was already feeling bad, one whiff of that coffee and he would spew everything everywhere, "Now," he sternly ordered with no other chance. 

Sungyeol and Sungjong sighed and headed towards the trash can to throw away their cups. Woohyun swore he heard a pathetic sniffle leave Sungyeol's lips. 

The warning bell rang loudly as the cups of coffee hit the bottom of the trash can and as if on cue, a massive group of choir students entered the hallway. There were so many different music classes and so many had students who wanted to be early. 

"Okay, time to go," Dongwoo said, pulling himself up and leaving behind a whimpering Woohyun, "Do you need help up?" the elder asked while looking down at the pregnant male. 

Woohyun nodded weakly and held out his arms for Dongwoo to hold. Dongwoo gripped tightly onto Woohyun's wrists and lifted the younger onto his feet with a slightly surprised yelp, "Thank you," Woohyun squeaked as he adjusted his bag on his back. He was having trouble getting his one arm into the strap. 

Dongwoo laughed and removed the bag, placing it on one of his shoulders, "I'm going to carry it today. Okay?" he asked with a sparkle in his eyes. The elder dinosaur was so sweet without even thinking about it. 

Woohyun pouted but let his friend do what he wants. He was not up to it today anyways, "Kay," Woohyun uttered before groggily walking off. He raised his arm and waved his hand before turning back around and saying farewell to his friends, "Bye, guys! See you all later." 

He received farewells as well and Dongwoo said his personal goodbye to Howon before chasing after the surprisingly fast pregnant male. 

------

If they weren't in class and they didn't all have to act like civilized human beings with manners and sit in cold desks, Woohyun would be sprawled out on the carpeted floor right now and groaning about how sick he felt. His stomach was killing him and Lemon wasn't all that happy about it either. Neither was she making it better as she wiggled and kicked Woohyun. 

Woohyun's head was on his desk as his Professional Career Internship teacher was giving them a seminar about the junk they're supposed to know about the topic and blah blah blah. Woohyun probably already knew all of this and instead had his head down and was rubbing his prominent bump as Lemon made her presence known. 

"Woohyun ah," the said male heard. Woohyun forced his eyes open to see a worried looking Dongwoo facing him, "Are you okay?" he asked, trying to be both quiet and secretive. 

Woohyun resorted to shaking his head no instead of speaking. In all honesty, Woohyun felt awful and Lemon moving wasn't helping his nausea at all. The constant feeling of having to leave and throw up kept creeping up his throat unpleasantly. 

"Do you need to see the nurse?" Dongwoo asked next, bending over his side closest to Woohyun, pretending to pick up his pencil that he "mistakingly" dropped. He lingered a bit longer than need be, but the initial purpose was to get closer to Woohyun. 

Woohyun was still for a second before he slowly nodded his head, afraid that if he moved too much or opened his mouth to speak, his body would violently cease the chance and force his stomach's contents back up the way they came. 

Dongwoo sat back up and raised his hand quickly, rudely interrupting the teacher, "Woohyun shii needs the nurse!" Dongwoo exclaimed loudly so the whole class and teacher could hear. 

Woohyun mentally groaned and felt an even worse wave of nausea sweep over him, causing his whole back to shiver violently and mouth to curl in disgust as vomit threatened to spill out. 

The teacher seemed somewhat upset, but upon hearing that it was indeed Woohyun who needed to visit the nurse, she let it slide and nodded, "Of course. Go right on ahead, Woohyun ah." 

Woohyun didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter