Real Cravings

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 9 - 22 Weeks

    "At 11 inches and almost 1 pound (about the size of a spaghetti squash), your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

    If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas is developing steadily."

"What's a spaghetti squash?" Woohyun asked Sunggyu who was sitting next to him, already typing in the search bar what it was and looked like. The elder male only shrugged, never even having heard of the vegetable before let alone the size of it. 

When the pictures popped up on the server, it was literally a squash whose pulp resembled strings of spaghetti, "Well would you look at that," Woohyun mumbled, showing his boyfriend whose nose scrunched up in disgust. Before he could possibly give his input, Woohyun was speaking again, "Can you go buy a few, maybe just two for dinner tonight? I'm really craving it." 

Sunggyu was surprised and baffled, managing to splutter out, "What?! But you've never even had nor heard of the thing before! How could you possibly be craving it?" he knew the answer to his question but just wanted to protest and make the younger see sense. Yet, he was moving to get up and grab his keys near by already. 

"Can you also get some basil, please? Ooh! And mozzarella!" Woohyun excitedly demanded as he read a simple recipe from the internet. It was set, they were eating spaghetti squash for dinner tonight. 

Sunggyu huffed in defeat and nodded, "Yeah, sure. Anything else before I go?" he asked a bit annoyed. He was thinking of things he could sneak in to eat before dinner was ready to avoid trying the actual made dinner by Woohyun. Not that there was anything wrong with the younger's cooking, he was just picky.

Woohyun shook his head, "Nope, that's all. And stop being a picky eater. You'll love it!" Woohyun exclaimed, as if he had read the elder's mind. He had noticed the mood his boyfriend was in due to the idea of a new food without even looking up, "You're going to try lots of new things now that you live with me," he added. 

Sunggyu sighed and shook his head, frown turning into a small smile as he imagined Woohyun standing in their kitchen while preparing their dinner, "I guess you're right. So, squash, mozzarella, and basil?" he asked, hoping to clarify if he misheard or forgot anything. 

"Yep!" Woohyun giggled, finally looking away from the iPad screen to look at his boyfriend, "Bye! Be safe," he wished with a smile. He then raised his hand to his lips to blow a kiss in Sunggyu's direction. 

Sunggyu playfully caught it and placed his palm to his own lips, letting out a laugh afterwards, "Goodbye, Tree!" he called, playfully using the nickname he rarely got to use. 

Woohyun laughed at the cuteness of his boyfriend and returned his sight to the iPad screen, not to look at more recipes, but to read up more on his pregnancy. He read a plethora of pregnancy symptoms about keratin based body parts like the skin, hair, and nails. More hair, harder/softer nails, bad/good/"glowing" skin. It was all odd for him. It also mentioned stretch marks, which he had escaped and hopefully will continue to escape. 

Maybe he would check later if any had managed to creep up on him without his knowing. 

Five minutes after Sunggyu had left the house and five minutes into reading about pregnancy, Woohyun's curiosity got the best of him and he returned to looking at more recipes online. 

In his search, Woohyun stumbled upon a few more, irrelevant recipes for foods that made his mouth salivate, and he was suddenly craving more than just spaghetti squash. 

He was craving squid, chocolate, strawberries, chicken, potatoes, all kinds of different varieties of foods that weren't even alike in any way. Spaghetti squash remained his main craving, but all these foods were added and he just couldn't help himself. 

He needed more. 

So the pregnant male reached into his back pocket and fished out his phone to contact Sunggyu. He found the elder's name in his favorites and called, balancing the phone between his shoulder and cheek as he continued to read more. 

On the third ring, Sunggyu finally answered, "Yobeoseyo. What's up, Woo?" he asked. In the background, Woohun could hear music performed by Sunggyu's favorite band playing, meaning he was still in the car and had yet to arrive to the store. 

"Hey! So, I might need you to pick up a few more things..." he trailed off, finding more things he was suddenly craving, "Is that okay with you?" he asked, but even if it wasn't, he was still going to get what he wanted. 

There was a slight pause from the other end before Sunggyu spoke, "Uh, sure? What do you need?" he asked, willing to give his boyfriend what he wants. 

"Yay!" Woohyun cheered happily, even going as far as waving his arms around in excitement. He listed off all the foods he was craving plus the added, last minute ones he thought of on the spot. During the whole event he had his hand rooted to his belly as if he was interpreting what Lemon was hungry for. 

When the pregnant male finished his long list, he waited for Sunggyu to respond, but it never came. Woohyun could still hear the music playing in the background and grew impatient with the elder, "Hello? Did you get it all?"

Another slight pause played before Sunggyu replied, "Honestly, I didn't. Why so much food?" he asked, truly bewildered that Woohyun planned to eat so much in one night. Perhaps he could convince him other wise?

"Why don't I just get one thing on top of the dinner stuff? Do you really think you can or even will eat all of that?" 

An over exaggerated, insulted gasp sounded from Woohyun's end as he gaped at the device in his hand, "How dare you! Of course I will! And if not, I'll eat it later when I crave it again! Got it, bub?" he threateningly asked. 

Yeah, right, IF you crave it again, Sunggyu thought in his head, but dared not speak the words a loud, "Okay, I'm sorry, Woo baby. Can you text me a list of everything for me, please?" it was a good thing he had money, or Woohyun would eat him out of house and home. 

------

$200. The whole trip to the store cost Sunggyu around that much money. He was baffled when the store clerk read the amount

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter