Time Flies

What Lies Behind Pigtails & Glasses

“Riinnnnggg” My alarm clock went. I instantly turned it off, going back into a wonderful thing called sleep. “Unnie, get up” a voice called out to me. Huh? When did my alarm clock turned into a girl? I slowly opened my eyes and looking to where the voice came from. “Unnie, are you awake?” a girl said. I smiled “Yes, Haru. I’m awake” I said patting my little sister’s head. She smiled at me before walking out of the room. I got out of bed, making it before going into the bathroom doing my usual routine. After putting my uniform, I braided my hair into pigtails and putted on glasses. After that I headed downstairs. “Morning” I said to Tablo and HyeJung, stuffing a piece of toast into my mouth. “Who are you?” Tablo said jokingly causing HyeJung to smack him. “Oww!” Tablo said, rubbing the spot where he got hit.

“Good Morning, [Y/N]” HyeJung said smiling warmly at me as usual. I smiled back, and felt a tug at my shirt. I looked down, and bent down to Haru. I picked her up, “Haru, today’s your first day of pre-school! Aren’t you excited?” I said happily to her. She nodded, “Unnie, are you going to school with me?” Haru asked cutely. “No, sorry Haru, I go to big kid school” I replied. She pouted before saying “Okay Unnie, wait for me to get to big kid school”. I chuckled at what she said before putting her down. “Are you excited, [Y/N]?” HyeJung asked. I sent her a confused look. “For school, are you excited for school?” She asked once more. “I guess…” I said, unsure of how to answer that question. “Oh come on, it’s your first day in a real high school! You have been home schooled for the last six years you were here” Tablo said coming into the conversation. I poked my tongue out at him before looking at my watch which read 8:30am. Oh ! I’m going to be late! I quickly walked to the door, putting on my shoes saying a quick “Good Bye” before heading out the door.

I ran to the school as fast as I can, making me bump into someone. “I’m so sorry” I said bowing, quickly picking up his books which I caused him to drop. “Just watch where you’re going” The boy said coldly, grabbing the books before quickly walking off. Noticing he forgot a folder, I picked it up and looked around. Seeing he was not there I stuffed it into my backpack. Well that was rude. Remembering what I was doing before, I continued running to school. Once I finally got there, I jumped the gate. Walking into the building, I went to the main office. “Hello, I’m [Y/N]. The new student” I said politely to the secretary. The woman looked up from her papers before getting up from her chair and walked to me. She sent me a smile. I secretly smirked; you don’t have to fake a smile.

“Last Name” She said typing on the computer. “Park, Park [Y/N]” I said, remembering the fake name I put on the school form. “Ahh… yes… Park [Y/N]” She said clicking and typing on her keyboard and mouse. The printer beside her made a sound, as a paper came out. The woman grabbed the paper, handing it to me. “This is your schedule, your locker and its combination and also your books” She said also giving me books with a small piece of paper with my locker info. “Thanks” I simply said before walking out of the office. I walked down the empty hall to my locker, finding it I opened my locker, examining my schedule. Since I was late I guess I have to go to 2nd period, Mrs.Lee Math. Damn it! I hate math… Suddenly the bell ringed, filling the empty hall with students.

I closed my locker and walked to my class. As I walked I heard whispers going around me. “Eww.. look at that nerd, I hope she’s not in any of our classes” A girl said, who looked like a complete . I secretly smirked, damn… people here are dumb asses, all I have to do is wear glasses for me to be a nerd, huh? After a while of walking I noticed I was lost. Where the is the class?! Oh! There it is! I walked into the classroom, a bit tired from wondering the school trying to find the class. “Are you a new student” Mrs. Lee asked. I nodded, “Well introduce yourself to the class” Mrs. Lee said faking a smile. Hell, does this school have to fake a smile so ing much.

“Park [Y/N], nice to meet you” I said, making sure to sound timid. Someone suddenly faked a cough sneaking “nerd” into the cough, making everyone expect Mrs. Lee and I laugh. “Settle down!” Mrs. Lee yelled, making the class calm down. “Now [Y/N]…” Mrs. Lee said looking around the room for a place for me to sit. “[Y/N] sit next to… Kai and Luhan, Kai raise your hand” Mrs. Lee said finally. Kai lazily raised his hand, uninterested. Girls sent daggers at me as I walked to the seat between Kai and Luhan. Once I sat down I looked over to Luhan, whose head was in his arms, sleeping. Then I looked over to Kai, who was playing with his phone. Then I looked at the blackboard in the front, seeing problems I learned when I was younger. I sighed; this school year is going to be boring.

Classes passed by quickly, it was soon lunch time. I walked into the lunchroom, looking around to find an empty table. Soon after I finally found one in the far corner of the lunchroom, I walked to the table sitting down as I took out my bagged lunch. I opened it, taking out a sandwich which I had made the day before school started. Just as I was about to take a bite, I heard screams. “Exo oppas! You’re so hot!” a girl yelled. “Kai oppa, please go on a date with me!” the girl from earlier yelled. Damn… talk about desperate… and what the is an Exo?  Girls crowed a group of twelve boys. They walked to a table, across the room from me.

Soon after another group came in with, of course, screaming girls. Why can’t this school just shut the up? “Shinee oppas!” The girls screamed. Who the is Shinee?! Shinee joined Exo at their table, fist bumping each other as they sat down. Is it going to be like this every damn day? I looked over to them, noticing that a boy there was the boy I bumped into this morning. I would give him back his folder, but his was rude. I finished my sandwich, throwing away the bag; I stood up and walked out of the lunchroom. I looked at my watch; I still have time, a lot of time. I wonder what I should do, so I just let my feet go where ever. They leaded me to the roof. I looked around and saw the place was empty. I walked to the shaded part of the roof, sitting down relaxing, enjoying the cool breeze and silence. The silence was ruined when a large group of boy came in, talking loudly. I took a peek at who it was, seeing them I smirked and stayed where I was. Oh it’s just the Exo and Shinee group.

“Okay okay you win” I heard someone said. “Yes!” A deep voice yelled. “Hyung… don’t” Another voice said. “Okay now on important matters, Tao. Where’s the report we got?”  I heard rustling of papers. “It isn’t here” a boy who I think is Tao said. “What do you mean?! Did you lose it?” A voice yelled. “I don’t know it was here when I was going to school” Tao said. “Then what happened?” the voice asked. “Well I bumped into a girl” Tao said. ! “What?! So you lost it?! What if the girl has it?!” A voice freaked out on Tao. “I think she goes to this school, she was wearing our uniform and I think she’s in Kai Hyung’s and Luhan Hyung’s class” Tao said. ..!  “Okay, Kai and Luhan. Try to find out if the girl has the report” the voice said. “Don’t worry, it’ll be a piece of cake” a voice said. Suddenly the bell rung, the boys left quickly, getting to class. I smirked; maybe just maybe it’ll be fun.

I got up, heading down to class. Luckily I easily avoided Luhan or Kai in my other classes. The long boring school day has past, thank god. I walked home, listening to music, humming along to the song, when suddenly I got a call. “Hello?” I said into the phone. “[Y/N] could you pick up some milk and eggs from the store, please” I heard Tablo say. “Sure” I said sighing tiredly. “Thanks, [Y/N]!” Tablo yelled, making me pull the phone away from my ear. I hung up, chuckling at how childish Tablo was. I turned around, headed towards the store. Once I finally got there, I was greeted by the store owner. I greeted him back before walking to the dairy section of the store, picking up the carton of milk. I looked for the eggs, finally finding them. Yes! There’s one left! I reached for it, when a hand came out of nowhere. The hand and mines touched. I looked at the hand owner and saw a boy who was wearing the same uniform as me.

“Uh… sorry” I said letting go of the eggs, letting him have the eggs. “No, no you should have them, you were grabbing the eggs the first” The boy awkwardly said, giving me the eggs. I smiled, “No, here. You keep it” I said, handing them back to the boy. He hesitantly accepted the eggs, before saying “Thanks” with a smile. We walked to the check-out booth, putting our items together. “$14.50” The man said behind the counter said. As I pulled out my wallet, the boy paid for all of it. Grabbing the items he walked out the store, I followed. “Hey, you didn’t have to pay for me” I said. “No, it’s okay. I took your eggs after all, might all well pay for your stuff” He said sending me a smiling. I chuckled at him, walking beside him. “I’m Kyungsoo, but people call me D.O.” The boy said.

“I’m [Y/N]” I said, playing with my fingers. He chuckled, “I know you’re [Y/N]. You’re new to SM High” Kyungsoo said. “Oh, are in my class? I didn’t see you…” I awkwardly said, rubbing the back of my head. “Really? That’s a first” Kyungsoo said. “Cocky, huh?” I jokingly said. He playfully hit me. I poked my tongue out at him before both of us laughed. “Shall I walk you home, [Y/N]” Kyungsoo asked jokingly. “Yes you shall, my dear Kyungsoo” I replied playfully. He chuckled and nodded, continuing to walk beside me. We talked while walking home, we learned more and more about each other, and of course joked about something throughout our talk. It was fun with Kyungsoo and I was happy I met him today.

 Our fun came to an end with we arrived at my house. “Thank you for walking me home, Kyungsoo” I said smiling warmly at him. “Don’t mention it, I was happy to have met you” Kyungsoo said smiling back, holding out the bag containing the milk.  I grabbing the bag, accidentally making our hands touch. Both Kyungsoo and I blushed at the contact. “Well… see you” I said quickly running into the house, hiding my blush. Kyungsoo smiled before whispering “See you soon, [Y/N]…” walking off. I ran into the house, rushing into kitchen, taking the milk out of the bag putting it into the fridge. “[Y/N]…” Tablo said coming in, looking at me with teasing eyes. “Yeah?” I said avoiding eye contact. Tablo smirked and continued to tease me “Oh I was so happy to have met you, [Y/N]” Tablo said mimicking Kyungsoo. I blushed a dark red. “Shut up!” I yelled running away to my room. Tablo danced in victory, suddenly remembering the past, he warmly smiled. “Time really does fly, huh?” Tablo said softy.

_________________________

 

Hello again, my lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed this oh-so boring chapter! Congrats you’re eight-teen now! Oh, and don’t worry the interesting stuff will be coming in upcoming chapters, and sorry if the story seems rushed. And as always I apologize if I have any mistakes such as spelling or grammar… or both… Well anyways I hope you stick around and yeah… loveyoukaybye.