Beginnings with Him and Her

What Lies Behind Pigtails & Glasses

“You are to stay here, do you understand me?” He spoke coldly at me. I couldn’t take it anymore. This isn’t home. This is hell. “No.” I replied boldly. “What?!” He shouted at me. “No, I’m not staying here anymore. I’m leaving” I said walking away. “What do you mean? Are you just going to leave your family like this? You foolish child, you never learn do you? You know what happened to your parents. Do you want to end up like them? Huh? Do you want to end up dead like your stupid mother and father?!” He spat. I stopped dead in my tracks, and turned around to face him. I glared at him, “How dare you talk about my parents like that?! How dare you say that about your own child?! This is exactly why I want to leave” I yelled. “They treated you like crap! They even said you were a mistake! So why are you defending them?!” He yelled back at me. I glared at him before walking out the door, loudly slamming the door.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and angrily walk down the hall, turning at the corner as I was suddenly face to face with my older brother. He smirked at me, “I can’t wait to be an only child”. I smirked right back at him, “I can’t wait to not see your stupid face everyday” I coldly said, brushing past him. I continued walking to my room, until I heard a loud boom and heard someone shout “It’s the Jung Clan, everyone be armed and stay alert!” I smirked to myself, putting on my face mask that covers half of my face. I quickly ran to my room, locking the door once I got in. I went to my closet, grabbing a large bag. I heard shootings getting closer as I quickly shoved clothes and other necessities along with my guns and other weapons. I slung the bag over my shoulder, opening my window. I jumped out and landed on the grass. I put up my hood as I smirked, “Bye-bye, my personal hell” I thought as I walked into the darkness of the city. 

-

“What do you mean she wasn’t there?!” The man yelled at the younger boy. “She wasn’t there, we searched the whole house; she wasn’t anywhere to be found. Her, along with her stuff are gone” The younger boy stated. “You let her get away, I’m disappointed in you” The older man coldly said. “I’m sorry. I will not fail you again, Grandfather.” The younger boy said

-

I continued walking, happy at the thought that I no longer had to deal with my family, or their expectations. I could do what I want now, no more listening to my grandfather, no more dealing with my brother, and no more gang business. Now I’m just a normal 12 year old. I heard my stomach growl, suddenly remembering I skipped dinner. I looked around, until my eyes set on a small little café. I walked in and was hit with an aroma of cookies. I sat down at a seat near the window as I checked my pockets, I had no money. I didn’t want to leave yet so I just looked at the people that walked by, I sighed seeing how happy they were. I cracked a small smile when I saw a baby in her mother’s arms, when suddenly I heard someone clear their voice. I looked at the person and saw a tall man. “Excuse me miss, but what are you doing out so late. Aren’t your parents worried?” He softly said. I sat there not knowing what to say. “Umm... I’m here to… eat…” I let out. He chuckled, “okay, let’s get you something to eat” He said holding out his hand. I looked at it before hesitantly putting my hand in his.

He walked me to the counter and bent down to the counter’s height, “aren’t they pretty” He said looking at something. I followed his gaze. My eyes were in awe as they landed on the prettiest pastries I have ever seen. The man looked at me, and seeing my reaction he chuckled. “Want one?” He asked. I looked at him, “I don’t have any money…”I said disappointed that I couldn’t get one. “Don’t worry, you could get it, it’s on the house” He said with a smile. “You sure?” I asked, uneasy about it. “I’m sure, now pick one you like” He assured me. I pointed to a puff pastry that was stuffed with strawberries and cream. The man grabbed the pastry, putting it on a little plate before leading me back to the table. Once we both sat down, the man’s co-worker walked over. “Hey Tablo, can you lock up for me when you’re done?” The man’s co-worker asked. “Yeah, sure” The man said. “Thanks” The co-worker said walking away. “Your name is Tablo?” I asked, eating my pastry. “Yep, but my real name is Lee Seonwoong, what’s yours” He asked smiling. “Oh… My name is Kim [Y/N]” I said smiling back at him. “So, how old are you?” He asked playing with his drink. “I’m 12, how old are you?” I replied, finishing my pastry.

“Well I’m 27” Tablo said looking at his watch. “It’s getting pretty late, how about I take you home?” He asked. Not knowing what to say, I just nodded. He picked up my plate and went to the back room to clean it up. I just sat there wondering what to do, should I tell him the truth or just lie? He seems so nice and kind though, could I trust him? I looked over to Tablo who was humming while he finished locking up the cash register after he was done with the dishes. He caught my gaze looking back at me, sending me a warm smile. I quickly looked away, sensing he was chuckling. I blushed a light red, sending him a glare. After that he came over to me, “All done?” I asked. “Yep, let’s go” He said noticing I was struggling to get the large bag out of the small seat. He chuckled swiftly taking the bag from the seat. “Come on” He said leading me to the door before locking it. The cold night’s air hit me the second I stepped outside. I shivered zippering up my hoodie and blew hot air onto my cold hands. Tablo noticing I was cold put an arm around me. I looked up at him in confusion. “You’re cold, remember to wear more heavy clothes next time, dummy” He said teasing me. I glared at him before smacking him on his back. “Oww!” Tablo jumped from the sudden smack he got. He playfully glared at me before lifting me up over his shoulder.

“Hey! Put me down!” I said struggling out of his grip. “No can do, this is what you get for hitting me” He said teasing me. I just sighed, and let him do what he wanted. After a couple minutes of walking we finally arrived at his car. He set me down on the back seat, and putted my bag in the trunk. Then he sat at the driver’s seat before turning on the engine and driving on. It was quiet until Tablo spoke up, “so why are you hauling that big bag around?” He asked. I didn’t know what to say so I just replied with “It’s complicated” I sighed. “Oh… so where do you live?” He asked. I stayed silent for a while before saying, “I don’t know”. Tablo instantly understood once I said that. “Are you a run away?” He asked softly. I felt tears brim my eyes the second he said that. After a couple of minutes we pulled up to a big house. My vision was blurred from tears, I quickly wiped them away as the car door I sat next to was opened, Tablo held out his hand whispering, “It’s going to be okay”. I burst into tears going into his arms, tightly hugging him while my face was buried in his chest. Tablo hugged me back, patting my head. After a while I finally calmed down. “I’m sorry” I said letting go out Tablo. “It’s okay” He said wiping away my remaining tears. “Come on” He said getting my bag and led me inside the house. This house is so big, how could he live in such a big house alone? I followed Tablo upstairs until I noticed a picture him and girl. Wow she’s so pretty, I wonder who she is. “[Y/N]?” I heard Tablo calling my name and quickly went to him. “Yeah?” I said. “This is your room” He said putting down my bag. I sent him a confused look. “You’ll be staying here from now on, I won’t leave you alone and plus you don’t have anywhere else to go” He said. I smiled at his kindness; I pulled him in for a hug. “Thank you” I said.

Tablo smiled returning the hug. “Hugging your girlfriend in front of your girlfriend, huh?” A voice said. I quickly backed away, blushing. Tablo laughed patting my head. I looked up and saw the girl in the picture. “[Y/N] meet my girlfriend, Kang HyeJung. HyeJung meet [Y/N]” Tablo said. “Hi, [Y/N]. Feel free to call me Unnie” HyeJung said smiling. I returned the smile “It nice to meet you, U-unnie” I said not used to saying that. She chuckled, “We’ll leave you to unpack your stuff” She said taking Tablo’s arm, heading out the door. I smiled at them, they look cute together. I unpacked my stuff, putting them into empty closets and hid my weapons in a passcode lock suit case I took with me from the house. I hid the suit case in the very back of the closet. After that I laid on the soft bed, slowly falling asleep until I heard a knock on the door. “Come in” I softly said, a bit sad I couldn’t sleep. Tablo and HyeJung came in and they both sat on the bed. I smiled at them, waiting for one of them to say something. “[Y/N], care to tell us why you ran away?” Tablo asked. I sat there silently as a sad look came onto my face. “You don’t have to tell us” HyeJung said, noticing the look on your face. “I’ll tell you, when I’m ready” I said looking away, unable to face them. “Well go take a shower. You must have had a long day, and the bathroom is right through that door” Tablo said pointed to a door before taking HyeJung’s hand and left the room. I sighed, stepping off the bed and grabbed a towel from the closet and my pajamas and headed to the bathroom. I did my usual routine and headed to bed, quickly falling sleeping from that long day.

-

 I shot up from bed, and looked at the digital clock beside me. 4:30am it read. Shoot! I’m going to be late! I jumped out of bed when I suddenly remembered I ran away from home. I sighed, funny how old habits suddenly come out of nowhere, remembering the old times where I had to wake up at 4:35 every morning to serve my parents or else they would abuse me till I was nearly dead. I smirked, falling to my knees as tears filled my eyes. “Funny” I said as my vision blurred, sitting there on the flooring crying myself to sleep.

-

Tablo stepped out if his room, unable to sleep. He sighed, remembering your face when he asked why you ran away. “I should go check on her” He thought walking to room, stretching. He quietly opened the door finding you on the floor with a tear stained face. His face softens, walking in quietly. Tablo picked you up gently, placing you on the bed. “Sweet Dreams, [Y/N]” Tablo says softly before placing a kiss on your forehead.

-

I woke up to the chirping of the birds. Stupid birds go back to that goddamn tree of yours. I looked at the clock that read 6:30am. I suddenly notice I was in bed. When did I go back to bed? Maybe I just slept walk. I got up from bed and went to the bathroom, seeing my red eyes. I quickly splashed my face with water. Get ahold of yourself, [Y/N]! Then I began my usual routine I always did in the morning. After that I headed downstairs to find that everyone was still asleep. So I just wondered around. Wow this house has many rooms; I wonder how they could remember which rooms are which. After a while of wondering I got hungry. So I looked for a kitchen. Once I finally found it, I went to the refrigerator and saw that it was completely full of food. I should make them some breakfast. I quickly got pots, pans and all the ingredients for the breakfast, and I wore apron and a chef’s hat. Lee Seonwoong and Kang HyeJung get ready for the best breakfast you will ever have.

-

HyeJung woke up to the aroma of food, she looked over to Tablo. Chuckling to herself, she said to herself “You will always be a heavy sleeper, huh?” before kissing him on the cheek. She got out of bed, heading to the kitchen to see what I was doing. “[Y/N]? “ HyeJung called out in the kitchen. “Yeah?” I said calling out of nowhere. HyeJung jumped, “Don’t scare me like that” She said with a hand on her chest. “I’m sorry” I said. She turned towards me before laughing hysterically. I looked at her confused. “Y-you have p-powder” she said between her laughs. “What?” I said confused. Then I suddenly understood her, laughing along with her. Wow, I just noticed it has been a long time since I’ve laughed like this and have felt this way.

After that we cleaned up the mess I made. What? Perfection cannot be made without a big mess. Then we set up the table and sat down. “Thank you for making us breakfast, [Y/N]” Tablo said, who was finally awake. “No, I should thank you for taking me in” I said truthfully to them. They both smiled at my words and began to eat. Until they both noticed that I wasn’t eating. “Aren’t you going to eat?” HyeJung said. “…I’m supposed to wait for two you finish eating before I could start” I said, remembering the time where I got smack for merely just eating with my parents. They both looked worriedly at me, “No, you could eat while we’re eating” Tablo said smiling. “You sure?” I asked. “Of course” HyeJung said assuring me. I sat down with my plate, grabbing small amounts of food and putting it on my plate. “[Y/N], you could be yourself around us, no need to be afraid” Tablo said noticing my strange behavior. I nodded and started to lighten up. Breakfast went by quickly and both Tablo and HyeJung need to go out. “We’ll be back tomorrow, okay?” Tablo asked. I nodded, before they walked out the door. I walked to the living room, and crashed on the couch, turning on the TV. I flipped though channels until one channel caught my eye. “There was a break in at the house of the infamous Kim Clan, who is the #1 clan in the gang business along with the Jung Clan, who has been rivals for a long time. Eye witnesses have reported that they have seen groups of people with the mark of the Jung Clan-“. I turned off the TV, smirking. I wonder if you fought or ran away, brother.

-

My eyes began to fill with tears as the girl ran into the boy’s arm. “You go girl! Get your man!” I cried with tissues my hand, wiping my eyes. “Damn, this is so- ”, I was cut off by a phone ring. Debating if I should answer it or not, I just let the answering machine answer it. “Please leave a message at the tone” the machine said, and then suddenly a deep voice was talking. “Hey, call me when you get back. It’s important” His voice was serious; it kind of reminded me of someone. I wonder what that was about. Well it isn’t any of my business. I looked at the time, it was getting pretty late I should head to bed. I went upstairs and did my usual routine then went to bed.

-

 Tablo and HyeJung came home at night, bruised up. “I can’t believe them! How dare they do that to you?!” Tablo yelled angrily. “Babe, it’s okay” Hyejung said trying to calm Tablo down. “No! It’s not okay! It’s my entire fault; I shouldn’t have left you alone!” Tablo shouted. “Stop it! You make me sound so weak and helpless! I could handle myself” HyeJung yelled, now angry. “I know that, but you can’t go against to big armed guys!” Tablo yelled back. HyeJung stomped out mad. Tablo sighed and sat down on the couch, running his hand through his hair. He the TV and flipped through channels until he heard something familiar. “It has been confirmed that it has been the Jung Clan to break into the house of Kim Clan-” The reporter said. “Hmm… so Jung Clan finally ambushed Kim Clan? I wonder why” Tablo thought, turning off the TV. He laid back in thought.

-

“I know that, but you can’t go against to big armed guys!” I heard a familiar voice yell, a couple moments later I heard a door slam. They might have gotten into an argument. I stepped out of my room, closing the door. I quietly walked to HyeJung’s and Tablo’s bedroom. As I approached the room I heard muffles and sniffs. I softly knocked the door before entering, I came to find HyeJung with a tear stained face, with a bruised up body. I stood there shocked before quietly leaving the room, and quickly went to the bathroom. Grabbing a first-aid kit and went back into the room, approaching HyeJung. I sat down on the bed with her. With her face was in her hands, not knowing what to do I hesitantly put my hand on top on her head, lightly patted it as if I was telling her “It’s going to be okay” . She suddenly hugged me tightly, shocking me. I hugged her back, patting her head. This reminds me of time where I hugged Tablo for the first time. I smiled, like it was yesterday. Oh wait, that was just yesterday… After a while HyeJung broke the hug, “I’m sorry” She said wiping her tears. I warmly smiled at her, remembering her wounds I looked at her seriously. “Where did you get these wounds” I asked. “Oh… um…” HyeJung said unknowing what to say. I looked at her for a moment before opening the first-aid kit and started healing her wounds. HyeJung looked shocked for a moment before smiling at me. She winched when I applied pressure to her wound. “Sorry” I said, finally done.

“Well you should go take a shower” I said getting up from the bed, heading towards the door. As I set my hand on the doorknob I felt my shirt being tugged at. I looked behind me and saw HyeJung bowing her head. “Thank you, [Y/N]” She said gratefully. “Don’t worry about it, Unnie” I said smiling at her before leaving the room. I suddenly felt thirsty so I headed downstairs. As I walked past the living room I noticed something. I walked over and found Tablo passed out, also bruised. I sighed, getting the first-aid kit again. I sat down on the couch, opening the kit I did the same thing I did to HyeJung. I was surprised he didn’t wake up; he must be a heavy sleeper. I chuckled at him before grabbing a blanket. Putting it over him, I whispered “Sweet Dreams” before heading to the kitchen to get a drink then going upstairs to go back to sleep.

-

 “Go make us breakfast, you useless piece of ” I heard a voice call out to me. Huh? What’s happening? “Yah! Did you hear me? I said to go make us breakfast!” My mother said coming out of nowhere. A-aren’t you dead? My mother raised a gun at me. “N-no! Don’t! Please, mom!” I cried, begging her. She smirked, pulling the trigger. “No!” I said, shooting out of bed. I was breathing heavily, as cold sweat ran down the sides of my face. Tears started to fill my eyes. It was just a dream, only a dream. So stop crying [Y/N], get a hold of yourself! I quickly wiped my tears, looking over to the clock which read 7:30am. I got up from the bed and did what I always did in the morning. I soon went down stairs to find HyeJung and Tablo happily setting up the table together. I smiled, I guess they made up. “Morning” I said to them. “Good morning” They both replied simultaneously, causing both of them to laugh. HyeJung soon looked at me, noticing my red eyes she asked “Why are your eyes red?”. “Nightmares” I simply replied, looking away from her. Not wanting to push it, HyeJung just nodding before sitting at the table. Tablo who joined her looked at me, “Come on, [Y/N]. You’re a part of this family now, don’t be so scared to eat with us” Tablo sent me a teasing look. I sent him a confused look. He pulled out a paper and handed it to me. “We are officially your guardians, or parents. Whatever makes you most comfortable” Tablo said beaming, with an arm around HyeJung. Tears filled my eyes, “Thank you” I said breaking down. Both Tablo and HyeJung walked to me, and pulled me into a hug. “Group hug!” Tablo childishly yelled. Causing both HyeJung and me to chuckle, “We should be the one thanking you, [Y/N]. Thanks for being a part of our lives” HyeJung said smiling warmly, as we all hugged each other tightly. I smiled; this is my new beginning with him and her.

___________________________________________________________

 

Hi! I really do hope you enjoyed this long boring chapter of how your character came to be. I know I have two other stories I’m nowhere near completing, but I this is the first story I actually have made a large effort to write a long chapter like this. (Hell, this took me a week…) Also sorry If some parts of this chapter have seem a bit… uhh… bad because I didn’t really know what to put and… yeah. Sorry if I have some grammar, or spelling mistakes. Feel free to point them out to me. I know the ending seems a bit rush. I didn’t want the chapter to be that long… unless you want it to be… Oh! Also if you want to character to have a name, say so and I’ll think of one, or you could give me some suggestions. It’s up to you. Well whatever, I hope you look forward to future chapters. Bye-Bye!

                                                                  -OhsnapitzAWriter