Episode 1.4 (Seungri)

WGriM - Rainbow Version

 

“So, where are we going?” Seungri asked excitedly, eyeing the tickets in Jiyong's hand. “Oh, should we sneak a peek?” Jiyong said with a playful smile. Seungri nodded enthusiastically, letting out a screech-like sound. He wasn't sure anymore if he was acting or if he really was that excited. Of course it had been a major let down to find out he wouldn't be going on a vacation with a hot girl, but if it had to be someone else, Jiyong wasn't that bad a consolation prize. He loved hanging out with him, he had always envied Seunghyun for being such good friends with him, for being able to go out drinking with him when he himself was too young to do so. He'd felt left out and lonely. Even now, when he was old enough to drink, he still envied the bond Jiyong and Seunghyun had. He wanted to be Jiyong's best friend. He wanted to be the one Jiyong confided in first of all, the one Jiyong couldn't wait to spend time with, the one to console him, the one to cheer him up. This would at least give them a chance to get closer. Not that they weren't quite close already, but Seungri wanted to beat Seunghyun in the closeness battle.

However, having to date Jiyong to reach his goal was a bit.. it was something to get used to at least. Jiyong had only told him the recap version of what was going on, so Seungri still had many questions, but he didn't want to come off as ignorant on camera so he coolly acted as if he was fine with this. He wasn't so sure this was a good idea though. He couldn't believe Jiyong had said yes to this. Date a guy, on camera?! Who came up with this stuff?!? Were they really that desperate for views that they were willing to risk everything with a gay-version of WGM. Seungri was speechless.

And what exactly were they expected to do? Were they supposed to go on dates and act as if they had a crush on each other? How far were they supposed to take it though, it couldn't be that they were expected to kiss at some point, could it? It felt as if cold water was running down Seungri's spine. Oh , Seungri just realized what this meant. Not only did he have to fake-date a guy, but he was banned from dating anyone else!! Oh, Hyun Suk was good, his biggest problem solved in one go. Seungri could of course sneak around, but according to the contract he signed he would be fined a sum so great that it would all but empty his bank account if something were to leak to the press. Okay now he understood how Hyun Suk had been persuaded to let them do this. Seungri kicked his past self for having signed the contract without questioning it. He had been completely blinded by the promise of a pretty girl. Seungri sighed.

 

Jiyong all but shredded the envelope in his hands, eagerly unveiling their tickets. Seungri snickered, Jiyong was obviously acting. “Nara!! We're going to Japan!” Jiyong jumped up and down in excitement. “I've always wanted to go to Nara!” Jiyong beamed. “Yeah! Me too!!” Seungri exclaimed, matching Jiyong's enthusiasm. “Oh really?” Jiyong smirked, an evil spark in his eyes. “So.. what exactly do you want to see in Nara?” Jiyong asked, holding down his laughter. Seungri couldn't believe he was doing this to him. It was payback alright! He didn't want to come out as a complete idiot, being caught in the act on the first day. “Ehm... the ahm... temple. It's famous you know.” Seungri said knowingly. Ha ha! Beat that! Seungri was sure Jiyong was faking as well, so he would have no idea whether Seungri was telling the truth or not.

“Aha.. which temple is that then?” Jiyong peered his eyes at him. Uh, oh! The bastard! Seungri put up his best poker face. “Oh, come on, everyone knows what temple I'm talking about. Nara is famous for it, it attracts thousands of tourists each month.” Seungri said slickly. “Well, then we definitely have to visit that temple, right? Since you know so much about it, you'll be our guide!” Jiyong could barely contain his laughter, his eyes watering. Seungri should've known better than to poke the beast. How the hell was he going to guide them around a temple in Nara, did Nara even have a famous temple? It had to be, every town had a temple that had some special meaning to the people living there. Maybe Jiyong would forget it or let him off the hook. Seungri decided to worry about it later, he would figure something out.

“So why have you always wanted to go to Nara?” Seungri smirked, giving Jiyong a taste of his own medicine. “You'll see.” Jiyong winked at him like he was the owner of some precious secret. Oh he was good!

 

They boarded the plane without incident. They were flying coach and had been given their own camera to record the plane ride. A Japanese team would greet them when they landed in Osaka and them to Nara, so for the next hour and 20 minutes they were on their own. As they sat down in their seats, Seungri couldn't help getting a few butterflies in his stomach. They rarely went anywhere just the two of them. He didn't really care anymore that they had to date, they were going on vacation together! This would be epic!

 

Jiyong dutifully checked if Seungri had put his seatbelt on right. Seungri complained that Jiyong thought he was pabo enough not to be able to put on a simple seatbelt, but deep down he liked that Jiyong was so concerned about him.

 

When they were in the air, Seungri pointed the camera at his own face and hit record. The red light shined brightly, showtime! “I am here with my boo, Jiyong. Our honeymoon has started!” Seungri leaned on Jiyong and took a shot of the two of them together. Jiyong gave him a murderous look while smiling politely, so Seungri sat up in his seat again. Better not push him too far, that could be dangerous. “Nara, here we come!” Seungri did aegyo into the camera. He didn't hate the idea of all the camera time he would get. He loved the spotlight, it was just so warm and invigorating.

“Okay, let's do our individual interviews. Jiyong-ah, what was the first thing that made you fall in love with Seungri?” Seungri trilled with excitement and nervousness, he was going to get a beating for calling him Jiyong-ah, that was for sure. But that was later. Seungri could see the panic on Jiyong's face for only a split second, that was how good Jiyong was at keeping his cool. There was a reason he was so popular, he had earned it. Seungri had so much to learn from him, although he would never admit it out loud. Except if it was to get out of a sticky situation, then he would say just about anything. Seungri's every cell vibrated as he waited for Jiyong's answer.

Jiyong sat up in his seat and faced the camera that Seungri was pointing at him head on. He looked like he was choosing his words carefully. “Mmm, I'm not sure there was a specific thing that made me fall for him, I don't think I can pinpoint the exact point when my feelings for him went beyond friendship. I've know him ever since he was this little bratty kid and he's been making my life hell from that point on. I guess I just figured that if I was going to spend my life worrying about what disaster he was going to step in next, I might as well be his next disaster. Then at least he wouldn't go chasing skirts anymore, bragging about it to anyone that would listen. Seungri-bear of course realized that I was better than any skirt he could ever land.” Jiyong smiled, satisfied. Seungri couldn't believe his ears. Didn't he know this would be aired on national TV?!

Jiyong snatched the camera out of his hands, “Your turn!”. Oh it was his turn alright! Seungri used the sweetest tone he could muster, “Oh, I've always had a thing for control freaks. I guess I'm just weird like that.”. Seungri was going to continue, but suddenly he felt like his bladder was about to burst, he had to pee and he had to pee now. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought Jiyong had super powers, using them to cut him off. He shoved the camera into Jiyong's arms, who looked as if he too had been expecting more. “Now, be nice and record your true feelings about me while I'm away.” Seungri chuckled. Jiyong would never, not even if hell froze over.

 

Seungri flushed the toilet. The ominous sound the toilet made startled him. He had always found these airplane toilets a bit dodgy. They always sounded like they were not only going to swallow what was in the toilet but also going to him and the entire room into it as well. Seungri got goose bumps just thinking about it. He washed his hands as quickly as he could and got out of there.

 

Aww. Seungri's heart melted at the vision of the sleeping Jiyong. Poor thing. His head hung down, bobbing up and down. It looked uncomfortable. Seungri sat down and steered his head gently towards his shoulder, letting it rest there. A warm feeling washed away any resentment Seungri had been feeling. Jiyong always looked so peaceful in his sleep, all his worries melting away, being replaced by dreams of who knew what. Seungri would give a lot to know what Jiyong's innermost dreams were. Not the official ones, but the ones that were hiding inside his heart.

Seungri listened to Jiyong's rhythmic breathing for a while, it was such a soothing sound. He took the camera from Jiyong's lap, intending to record this cute side of Jiyong. If he had fallen for Jiyong, this would be one of the reasons. The way he looked absolutely gorgeous in his sleep, capable of melting the hardest of hearts. His finger stopped right over the recording button. Seungri wondered if Jiyong had recorded something while he was in the toilet, or just fallen asleep right away. He hadn't been gone that long, but if Jiyong had said something damaging, this would be the opportunity to erase it. Seungri rewound the tape and pushed play.

 

There Seungri was, telling everyone Jiyong was a control freak. Seungri regretted it a bit, but decided to let it be. Oh! Then Jiyong appeared. So he did record something. Seungri listened carefully, the audio was set very low. Jiyong bent forward into the camera like he was going to tell the audience a secret. Seungri automatically bent forward as well, the curiosity burning in his chest.

 

“Everyone, listen carefully. Do you promise not to tell Seungri I said this?” Jiyong acted like he was interacting with the audience. Seungri held his breath. “The reason I fell for Seungri is that behind that bratty surface of his, he's actually the kindest soul you are ever going to meet. He's a really good kid.” Jiyong winked and the screen went blank.